Mission Accomplished: An Update on Age of Wonders: Planetfall

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emmasterakia

Community Developer
6 Badges
Mar 27, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
Hello Commanders!

We would like to start by taking the opportunity to thank all of you who have given life to Planetfall during these years. What a ride it’s been! The team has brought you a total of 240 releases for Planetfall since launch including 93 patches, the huge free T-Rex Update and expansions such as Revelations, Invasions and Star Kings. All of this to PC and Consoles. But not one thing would have been possible without the support from each and everyone of you.

With the last expansion of the season pass, Star Kings, released last November, the active development of Age of Wonders: Planetfall has come to an end. This means we won’t develop new content and features, but we will continue to make patches when necessary and provide customer support to the best of our abilities.
Our forum is always open to all commanders around the world. Share your Planetfall experience, create mods and connect with other Commanders. We can’t wait to see what you create.

Thank you to our amazing players for being a part of this journey together with us. Thank you to everyone who took part in creating a welcoming and fantastic community for us all to enjoy. Thank you for creating Planetfall together with us.

Triumph is hard at work on new exciting things. Stay tuned to our channels for news on upcoming games.

Until next time Commanders, please enjoy these amazing stats YOU created!

Infographic3.jpg

• 24Like
  • 9Love
Reactions:
so you finally admit there is no fixing this bad design for 1vs1 and moving on to something different - i hope we are not done with AoW - 3 was so nice for 1vs1, still ongoing tournaments there!
The multiplayer community never really moved to PF (of course - AoW3 is so much better for that)

PF is just a little single player boring game with some really easy to spot and abuse mechanics - so so so sad ):

• 7Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
so you finally admit there is no fixing this bad design for 1vs1 and moving on to something different - i hope we are not done with AoW - 3 was so nice for 1vs1, still ongoing tournaments there!
The multiplayer community never really moved to PF (of course - AoW3 is so much better for that)

PF is just a little single player boring game with some really easy to spot and abuse mechanics - so so so sad ):
This is a joke, right? The small, small percentage of people who even play MP are the huge minority.

The vast majority of us have enjoyed this game for what it is: a fantastic sci-fi 4X game with amazing tactical battles.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thanks for all the work you put into Planetfall! I'm sad there won't be new content but I'm looking forward to whatever else you have planned. Just one small request - would it be possible to update the modding tools to make them more stable? There are a number of features, as well, that I'd like to perform (i.e. adding text and missions to campaigns) that I'm not sure how to do at the moment. This would extend the lifespan of PF and hopefully create a larger modding community. But thanks for the great game - I've enjoyed it immensely!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Also, I'm a bit confused about what is meant by "Longest Playtime Session by a User." How is it the longest session if it consisted of 22 unique game sessions? Sorry for being nitpicky, I'd just like to know - thanks!

Always sad to see a game-line end. And this was definitely one of the good ones. Didn't play it as often as I wanted; should really correct it one of these days*. So ... so long, and thanks for all the sauruses? :cool:And I'm very curious what the next one will be.

*When I've come to forgive you for what you've done to my poor, poor Reverse Engineer. All those wonderful corpses on the battlefield, going to waste. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, I'm a bit confused about what is meant by "Longest Playtime Session by a User." How is it the longest session if it consisted of 22 unique game sessions? Sorry for being nitpicky, I'd just like to know - thanks!
Probably longest continious running time divided across 22 map starts. I think that might of been me using steam link. :oops:

• 2Like
Reactions:
Indeed, congratulations on a great game. It's already in my library of recurrent games, same as AoW 3.

Even with development having concluded, would it be possible to have an in-depth modding guide for regular users?

Cheers

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks guys. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition and season pass bundle and don't regret it for a second. Almost 500 hours played and more to come at some point.
Cheers.

Also looking forward to seeing what Triumph produces next.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Thanks team for creating such an amazing game. AOW Planetfall is one of my fav games ever and my fav in the AOW series. Over 500 hours played, the most in my steam history, and the game is still installed ❤️

• 5Like
Reactions:
Probably longest continious running time divided across 22 map starts. I think that might of been me using steam link. :oops:
Yes, Sinsling is right! The longest continuous running time and we made sure to not include anyone just leaving the game in the menu, it's actual playtime. Pretty insane, pretty beautiful <3

• 2Like
Reactions:
So many cool factions and then the vanguard are the most played by such a large margin?! Did not expect that! Is it maybe because some players just played the tutorial and the first mission or something? Or are those stats on "new planet/free play"?

• 1Like
Reactions:
So many cool factions and then the vanguard are the most played by such a large margin?! Did not expect that! Is it maybe because some players just played the tutorial and the first mission or something? Or are those stats on "new planet/free play"?
Steam spy estimates both average and median playtime as 10 hours.

Reactions:
If you are going to develop AOW4, please could you look out for player feedback provided on these foruns? There are several threads dealing with a hypothetical AOW4 feature development.

Anyways, perhaps you could give us a hint, when we might expect news on what you are working on?

Reactions:
If you are going to develop AOW4, please could you look out for player feedback provided on these foruns? There are several threads dealing with a hypothetical AOW4 feature development.

Anyways, perhaps you could give us a hint, when we might expect news on what you are working on?
We have nothing more to communicate at the moment <3