Mission Accomplished: An Update on Age of Wonders: Planetfall

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to add that the support from Triumph in these forums, in particular from @Jordi Engel , has been outstanding - IMO as good as the best I've seen in any of our published games and an inspiration to others.

Well done!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Thanks for the awesome game! I still will play it for a long time. The only things I wish for is for it to continue on and like Total War have custom battles to set up cool scenarios.

Thanks for creating such an amazing fun game and for all the content that was added! Even if I'd love to see more, it's definitely a complete product and was since release, and I truly look forward to whichever next title you work on (AoW4?!), what features you bring from this to it and the things you've learned and improved!

Glad to see continuous patch support and will look forward to them as well! Hoping for more AI tweaks as they definitely could use some more nudges in the right direction.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Longest play time session by a player: 20h. That must be me :))
While were playing, I got call from my Prof mentioning of my recently miserable result. So I was kinda hurry heading to his office for "a talk", while the game was still running. An "additional Test" and time for learning in Library took me the whole day... so I was kinda exhausted when back home and went straight to bed. That's how I accomplished such "Archivement".

And now, when I recheck again. I had played the game for 1658 h, what a Geek I am. Maybe it's time for something new, I didn't play much PF recently.

Thanks very much. I could say best game ever well debataly the best game ever. In the top atleast.

I have too few freinds to play games that i like with. I want more gamingfriends to play this game with. Send me your steam/pdx name and i can add you.
I have 100 hours in this game so i can understand it relativly well.
Im already in the discord multiplayer.

Thanks very much. I could say best game ever well debataly the best game ever. In the top atleast.

I have too few freinds to play games that i like with. I want more gamingfriends to play this game with. Send me your steam/pdx name and i can add you.
I have 100 hours in this game so i can understand it relativly well.
Im already in the discord multiplayer.
My steam name is DragonJ. Honestly I think people can guess that.

While I'm very sad to hear that active development has stopped, I was super pleased with the directions that were taken in this game. I've been an AoW fan since the very first released in 1999, and I've put in thousands of hours of playtime across the entire series. I was a day 1 preorder for the Planetfall deluxe package and have not been disappointed.

One day while I was walking to work, I was formulating plans to mass produce specific modded troops for one of the campaign maps when it hit me: I was addicted. These games offer just so much tactical depth and flexibility that I find other turn-based tactics games to often be quite bland by comparison.

If you guys are planning another entry to the AoW series, I'll be a day one preorder as well. I'll still be playing Planetfall up until the release of the next game!

PS: I'm not surprised at the stats. Those snotty Paragon deserve to be taken down a notch.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Any chance of a patch that fixes the "Futurist" trophy? I realize most people got it very early on, but for anyone that started playing(on ps4 at least) after Star Kings was released, researching tier x military x techs doesn't unlock the trophy. There seems to be something wrong with the trigger.

Reactions:
Any chance of a patch that fixes the "Futurist" trophy? I realize most people got it very early on, but for anyone that started playing(on ps4 at least) after Star Kings was released, researching tier x military x techs doesn't unlock the trophy. There seems to be something wrong with the trigger.
The post literally says that they'll continue making patches, so I assume that will get fixed whenever a Patch comes out.
This means we won’t develop new content and features, but we will continue to make patches when necessary and provide customer support to the best of our abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions:
While I'm very sad to hear that active development has stopped, I was super pleased with the directions that were taken in this game. I've been an AoW fan since the very first released in 1999, and I've put in thousands of hours of playtime across the entire series. I was a day 1 preorder for the Planetfall deluxe package and have not been disappointed.

One day while I was walking to work, I was formulating plans to mass produce specific modded troops for one of the campaign maps when it hit me: I was addicted. These games offer just so much tactical depth and flexibility that I find other turn-based tactics games to often be quite bland by comparison.

If you guys are planning another entry to the AoW series, I'll be a day one preorder as well. I'll still be playing Planetfall up until the release of the next game!

PS: I'm not surprised at the stats. Those snotty Paragon deserve to be taken down a notch.
I agree.

Reactions:
I enjoyed the time spent here as tester and gamer, and while right now I plan on replaying AoW3, I do want to eventually finish Planetfall as well. It has been a great experience!
This is a joke, right? The small, small percentage of people who even play MP are the huge minority.

The vast majority of us have enjoyed this game for what it is: a fantastic sci-fi 4X game with amazing tactical battles.
Ah, the entitled multiplayer community, never change...

• 1Love
Reactions:
I'm JUST now getting into Triumph's games and am working through the AOW campaign. The tactical combat took a little getting used to, but the depth is amazing and I'm having a blast with the campaign so far! Downloaded AOW3 and Shadow Magic and looking forward to playing through those next. Can't wait to see what Triumph releases in the future!

I'm JUST now getting into Triumph's games and am working through the AOW campaign. The tactical combat took a little getting used to, but the depth is amazing and I'm having a blast with the campaign so far! Downloaded AOW3 and Shadow Magic and looking forward to playing through those next. Can't wait to see what Triumph releases in the future!
Welcome to your new favourite game in the world!

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A very good MP-Game. Hopefully the nice experience of simultaneous play with friends will be taken over to new titles. The Science-Fiction-Version of Age of Wonders was a very good alternation. Different playstyles were possible, different tactics. Everyone could game like he want to and it worked. So please more of this! Got nearly 500 hours of gameplay and it is still not boring!

The only point, which should be done in the future was mentioned above. The Achievement "Futurist" should be fixed for the Completionists :D

• 1Like
Reactions: