• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vizconde-I

Sergeant
Jan 22, 2018
Hello, I recently played Aragon and formed the new nation Two Sicilies and received their new mission tree. After culture switching to Tuscany culture I formed Tuscany but I did not get their new mission tree? I made some testings and as other nations forming Tuscany I did not receive their new mission tree either.
So my question is: Is the mission tree of Florence/Tuscan exclusive to Florence or is It a bug that forming Tuscany does not give the new mission tree?
thanks

Edit: is the situation not the same like two sicilies? Regarding to the wiki two sicilies shares the same missions like naples. If you form two sicilies as another nation you still get their mission tree.

Last edited:
The country forming decision for Tuscany doesn't have the effect "Obtain new missions". That's why you don't get the Tuscan missions. I think the only ways to get Tuscan mission is to start as Florence or Tuscany(in later start dates).
But I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intentional.

• 3Like
Reactions:
But why? Why do you get new mission when you form two sicilies? for me it's the same...
If you look at the decision to form Two Sicilies as anybody but Naples, you will see the effect "Obtain new missions". That's the difference. If you look at the decision as Naples or as a country that was Naples before, you won't see the effect, because they are explicitly excluded from that effect.

As to why that was programmed that way, I can only speculate that this is an oversight. There is at least one other formable nation (Dalmatia) that doesn't have this effect even though it has special missions(they are shared with Ragusa and Croatia in that case). And there are at least two formable nations(Silesia and Nepal) which have the effect to get new missions even though they don't have their own mission.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If you look at the decision to form Two Sicilies as anybody but Naples, you will see the effect "Obtain new missions". That's the difference. If you look at the decision as Naples or as a country that was Naples before, you won't see the effect, because they are explicitly excluded from that effect.
Yes, I understand this from a technical view.

As to why that was programmed that way, I can only speculate that this is an oversight. There is at least one other formable nation (Dalmatia) that doesn't have this effect even though it has special missions(they are shared with Ragusa and Croatia in that case). And there are at least two formable nations(Silesia and Nepal) which have the effect to get new missions even though they don't have their own mission.
Thanks for the other examples. Im just curious if it's an oversight and will be fixed in the future or if it is intended.

There is a similar case for forming Spain ad Aragon, you have to culture convert first to get the new missions. So it could be you need to have floritine culture first.