Missing CD-key from Steam Version of DH

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
JhrHqRz.jpg

tgRMfX8.jpg

What should I do now Magyar?! :)

Sing the Russian anthem backwards in English. That will solve the problem ::)

Seriously, that's what this thread is here for. To give a feedback to the Publisher, that it's not working. Upon the purchase, everyone should receive a unique "purchase code" (or whatever it is called in Englisch :D) which might be also used to receive activation code manually, but the final word is said by Paradox.

This is what it looks like to me: K86C24A.png

At this is how its listed in my Steam account: aq588Co.png

I believe this issue is only with copies bought from the Paradox Web Shop. Its almost been a whole month, and this issue still has not been resolved. I'm starting to get very aggravated at this, I've posted in this forum, contacted Paradox Support, and contacted Steam Support and none of them have been helpful in the least. If you guys still can't fix this issue, then I will be expecting a refund of some sort for this.

Last edited:
The same problem here. Game bought in Paradox Web Shop, registered in Steam, downloaded, is working (v1.02) but no CD-key (nor any DLC).
While I do not care about icon, I wanted to access restricted content.

Why it is taking so long to fix?

Last edited:
Steam Support's message to me:

You can find your CD Key by right-clicking on the game in your Library and selecting 'View Game CD Key'.

Please be aware that if you are unable to see your entire key at once, the product column, as well as the window itself, can both be resized. The column can be widened by dragging the black bar next to "Product Code", and the window can be resized by dragging on the bottom right corner where the white dots appear.

If the 'View Game CD Key' option is not available, you may need to verify the game files for this game.

Title: Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

NOTE: If you are running in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, you will need to ensure you are running Steam as Administrator. To do this, completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Steam Support's message to me:

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

I am waiting for their reply, but if I get the same one I will be able to repeat after you (since there is no CD Key link/option for the game)

FOUR days, still no reply from Steam (admittedly two of them were weekend)

Ok, after doing a little searching, this info should help resolve the issue with Steam. The copy purchased from the Paradox Web Store and then redeemed on Steam is Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game Comp whose Steam Sub ID is 7806. Paradox, tell Steam that this version of Darkest Hour should also automatically receive the Darkest Hour - Forum Registration Key DLC, whose Steam App ID is 73179

Last edited:
Ok, after doing a little searching, this info should help resolve the issue with Steam. The copy purchased from the Paradox Web Store and then redeemed on Steam is Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game Comp whose Steam Sub ID is 7806. Paradox, tell Steam that this version of Darkest Hour should also automatically receive the Darkest Hour - Forum Registration Key DLC, whose Steam App ID is 73179

Thank you MrPiggles, that was interesting information and I shall pass it on right away!

Wow, after 6 days I got response from Steam (although I got a feeling as it was generated by machine). It is really great company.

Their advice
- check CD-key link on the right, maybe widow needs resizing
- if there is no CD-link perform test of game integrity

What a moron.
Still no CD-key

Wow, after 6 days I got response from Steam (although I got a feeling as it was generated by machine). It is really great company.

Their advice
- check CD-key link on the right, maybe widow needs resizing
- if there is no CD-link perform test of game integrity

What a moron.
Still no CD-key

I have had this message from Steam Support. Tell them the game integrity is ok and you need that cd-key to register on developer's forum. After that, they should send you your cd-key. This is how it was in my case.

I have had this message from Steam Support. Tell them the game integrity is ok and you need that cd-key to register on developer's forum. After that, they should send you your cd-key. This is how it was in my case.

I did so, waiting for the CD-key now.
But on the bright note I have finally received CD-key for another game I bought in Paradox Web Shop, which was missing, so if they are consistent should have CD-key in another 3 or 4 work-days.

To continue on this thread: Same problem here. I bought the game through Paradox Web Shop, activated it in Steam (per Web Shop's directions using provide activation key), downloaded it, ran it successfully (v1.02), but no CD-key or DLC listed in the Paradox Web Shop, Web Shop e-mail, or Steam. I sent a request per this thread to Steam to get the CD-key, but THIS IS NOT STEAM'S PROBLEM. The retailer/publisher (PARADOX!!!) should have provided me with a CD-key when I bought the game! The absolutely crazy part is that I bought this game FROM PARADOX, and now the PARADOX FORUM won't let me see the restricted content (including the GAME MANUAL, let alone the beta patch!). And Steam is responsible for the solution? Get it together, Paradox.

To continue on this thread: Same problem here. I bought the game through Paradox Web Shop, activated it in Steam (per Web Shop's directions using provide activation key), downloaded it, ran it successfully (v1.02), but no CD-key or DLC listed in the Paradox Web Shop, Web Shop e-mail, or Steam. I sent a request per this thread to Steam to get the CD-key, but THIS IS NOT STEAM'S PROBLEM. The retailer/publisher (PARADOX!!!) should have provided me with a CD-key when I bought the game! The absolutely crazy part is that I bought this game FROM PARADOX, and now the PARADOX FORUM won't let me see the restricted content (including the GAME MANUAL, let alone the beta patch!). And Steam is responsible for the solution? Get it together, Paradox.

Regardless of anything you must describe situation to the Steam and from start ask for code send manually otherwise they will send you useless advice (I am stilll waiting for my CD-key)