• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Toa Kraka

Dislikes you
67 Badges
Dec 25, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Why no update?
1. I'm lazy.
2. I play games other than CK2+HIP--for example, vanilla CK2.
3. I've returned to my former practice of refraining from using the latest CK2 patch.
What is the purpose of these tweaks?
This is nothing but a copy of the tweaks that I personally use when playing HIP, uploaded here primarily so that I can get some extra prestige. My incorporation of a tweak here should not be interpreted automatically as a request for that tweak's addition to an HIP module, as many of these tweaks are meant to bend the game further toward a sandboxy level playing field than HIP is meant to go.

What do these tweaks do?
A mostly-complete changelog, Tweaks for HIP 2017-08-29.txt, is attached to this thread. For full details, open the mod's folder in Git GUI, go to the Repository menu, and select "Visualize master's History".

With what version of HIP do you use these tweaks?
[HIP Release 2017-08-29 (Cacao4)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v7.03 - 2017-08-29)
ARKO Interface (2017-04-25)
SWMH (v3.04 - 2017-08-28)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.2.15 - 2017-08-29)
ARKO Armoiries (2017-04-25)
LTM (C - 2017-03-20)

With what other mods do you use these tweaks?
- Titular Title Assimilation
- Prestige and Piety Tracking 3
- Claims on Defunct Titles
- Game Over Prevention (attached)
- Holding Conversion (attached)

How much testing have you done on these tweaks?
Only a century on this particular incarnation, but probably a millennium or two on previous versions.

Do I have permission to use parts of, or the entirety of, these tweaks in my own mod?
Of course! Who would be mean enough to prevent others from using his work? Just don't forget to include me in the credits.

(Note: Many parts of these tweaks are modified from HIP, and therefore are, according to Paradox's rules, subject to the permissions of the HIP modders, who unfortunately are more tight-fisted than I am.)
What is the purpose of these tweaks?
This is nothing but a copy of the tweaks that I personally use when playing HIP, mirrored here solely so that I can get some extra prestige.

What do these tweaks do? Where's the changelog?
I'm too lazy to type everything up. To see the full changelog, open the mod's folder in Git Gui, go to the Repository menu, and select "Visualize master's History".

With what version of HIP are these tweaks compatible?
[HIP Release 2017-05-05 (Cacao3)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v7.02 - 2017-05-05)
ARKO Interface (2017-04-25)
SWMH (v3.02 - 2017-05-05)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.2.14 - 2017-05-05)
ARKO Armoiries (2017-04-25)
LTM (C - 2017-03-20)

With what other submods do you use these tweaks?
- Titular Title Assimilation (with "Minimal" game rule)
- Prestige and Piety Tracking 2
- Claims on Defunct Titles
- Game Over Prevention (attached)
- Holding Conversion (attached)

How much testing have you done on these tweaks?
Just two or three centuries.

Do I have permission to use parts of, or the entirety of, these tweaks in my own mod?
Of course! Who would be mean enough to prevent others from using his work? Just don't forget to include me in the credits.

(Note: Many parts of these tweaks are modified from HIP, and therefore are under the control of those people according to Paradox's rules. (rolls eyes) Unfortunately, the HIP modders are more tight-fisted than I am.)
Just in case anyone's interested in giving me prestige for this, here's the "submod" (really, just a collection of miscellaneous tweaks, hence the title) with which I'm finally about to start playing HIP 2016-12-31 Hades7 for 2.6.3...
In order to ensure that this "submod" is properly loaded after HIP, you must edit this line in the included .mod file:
Code:
dependencies = { "HIP 2016-12-31 Hades7 for 2.6.3" }
That's the name that I've given to my installation of HIP. Your installation may have a different name, with which you must replace what I originally put there.

Alternatively, you can just remove the dependencies = { } line altogether and name the "submod" something like zzzTweaks ___Tweaks--since, absent a dependencies = { } section, loading occurs in alphabetical order (IIRC) reverse alphabetical order. (Or, if you're totally crazy, you can just copy-and-paste it into your main HIP folder and overwrite HIP's files directly.)
[HIP Release 2016-12-31 (Hades7)]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v6.06 - 2016-12-31)
ARKO Interface (2016-12-31)
SWMH (v2.973 - 2016-12-31)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.2.11 - 2016-12-31)
ARKO Armoiries (2016-12-31)
LTM (C - 2016-09-24)

The "submod" may or may not work if the interface-only and localization-only portions are not present.
Note that I'm also playing with the two CK2 mods in my signature, as well as with the "Titular Title Assimilation" and "Game Over Prevention" mods that I uploaded separately.
- Titular Title Assimilation prevents titular duchies and kingdoms from remaining without de jure liege titles forever. The workings are somewhat difficult to explain, but the code has thorough comments.
- Game Over Prevention prevents game over when you die with a wrong-dynasty heir by temporarily switching your heir's dynasty to your dynasty. (It works only with inheritance at death--not for deposition or abdication.)
Feel free to make suggestions and criticisms. However, this "submod" was written first and foremost to improve my own enjoyment of CK2+HIP, with not too much regard for historical accuracy, and the uploaded version of it will not diverge from what I'm actually playing. On the other hand, if you make a simple suggestion that I'm not willing to incorporate into the "submod", it's very likely that I still will provide instructions for its implementation.

The list of changes is detailed enough that you should be able to revert any changes that you dislike.
Most of the changes in this version were tested for approximately 300 years of gameplay--though, since I make further changes as I play, newer changes have received less testing. An old version for HIP 2016-11-25 Hades6 for 2.6.3, which I used as a template in putting together this version, also is provided for your perusal. (It lacks a list of changes.)
  • 2017-03-20: Incorporated the EMF Alpha fix for the infinite loop of automatic usurpation of caliphate titles. Allowed a player who gains a second empire to give one of his empires to his current heir. (List of changes.txt, Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip)
  • 2017-03-19: The Papacy now is a de jure part of the Roman Empire. The hardcoded restriction on creating a title at the same rank as your liege's primary title is circumvented. (List of changes.txt, Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip)
  • 2017-02-02: Fixed error in title_king_basic_allow preventing vassal triple dukes from creating unlanded kingdoms (Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip)
  • 2017-01-30: REQ_KINGDOMS_FOR_EMPIRE_CREATION is reduced from 3 to 1. Changes to title_emperor_basic_allow prevent this from affecting unlanded empires. An error in title_king_basic_allow (mixed up from and root) is fixed. title_king_basic_allow restrictions on de jure vassal kingdoms of empires are extended to unlanded kingdoms, in correspondence with Titular Title Assimilation. (List of changes.txt, Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip)
  • 2017-01-29, one hour later: Remembered to upload Game Over Prevention (Game Over Prevention.zip)
  • 2017-01-29, thirty minutes later: Fixed accidental reversal of tributary_cb changes (Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip)
  • 2017-01-29: Initial upload (List of changes.txt, Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31.zip, Titular Title Assimilation.zip, Tweaks for HIP 2016-11-25.zip)
Specific permission is unnecessary, but citation is requested.

Attachments

• Archive - Tweaks for HIP 2016-12-31 Hades7 for 2.6.3.zip
    417,5 KB · Views: 15
  • Archive - Tweaks for HIP 2016-11-25 Hades6 for 2.6.3.zip
    411,3 KB · Views: 9
  • Archive - Tweaks for HIP 2017-05-05 Cacao3 for 2.7.1.zip
    3,8 MB · Views: 9
  • Archive - Tweaks for HIP 2017-08-29 Cacao4 for 2.7.2.zip
    2,1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions:
"The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaks frowardness." Proverbs 10:32
Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips and spreads slander is a fool.
Proverbs 10:18 (emphasis added)

The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
Proverbs 11:3 (emphasis added)

An honest witness tells the truth, but a false witness tells lies.
Proverbs 12:17 (emphasis added)

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.
Proverbs 12:19

A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not respond to rebukes.
Proverbs 13:1

(Vaguely on-topic: Wouldn't it be just absolutely hilarious if each of the sins and virtues had a relevant Biblical quote in its description?)

Reactions:
(Vaguely on-topic: Wouldn't it be just absolutely hilarious if each of the sins and virtues had a relevant Biblical quote in its description?)

ABSOLUTELY GENIAL!. I would love it if they decided to do this with the religion groups in game. Actually going a little deeper, they could overhaul the trait mechanic in this game or the next (quite possible to do in HIP, but it would be a massive effort), the ideia behind this overhaul is that different religions have different views on what is right and what is wrong. Being humble to a norse pagan would probably sounds like a weakness, instead of a virtue. Your ideia would be a great flavor addition, i would love it but hate it at the same time, since it would most likely spread disinformation about religions. I would totally support it.

Being humble to a norse pagan would probably sounds like a weakness, instead of a virtue.
See the attached mod, in which all piety gain from the seven cardinal virtues is reversed for pagans (via the imposition of character modifiers with an on_yearly_pulse event).

Warning: This mod was not tested by its uploader. It also lacks localization.

Attachments

• Pagans Hate the Virtuous.zip
    2,6 KB · Views: 13
When can we expect an update for this mod? I really want to see how the game plays out with it.

When can we expect an update for this mod?
I'm still playing a 2016-12-31 campaign at the moment, so probably not until next weekend at the earliest.
I'm leery of putting in the time to update this at the moment, since 2.7.1 will be major enough that it presumably will precipitate a new version of HIP. I did, however, have some fun with completely rearranging the files in the common/landed_titles folder, and you (or other people) may be interested in reading that code, so I've attached it to this comment.

Attachments

• organized landed_titles.zip
    235,4 KB · Views: 12
  • List of changes.txt
    2,3 KB · Views: 31
Toa Kraka said:
Alternatively, you can just remove the dependencies = { } line altogether and name the "submod" something like zzzTweaks--since, absent a dependencies = { } section, loading occurs in alphabetical order (IIRC).
Mod precedence / loading order is actually the other way around (unlike the way loading order works for mod files, sans localisation). Thus, a mod name starting with an 'A' will have its files used instead of one starting with 'a' or 'B' that are also selected. Definitely, I'd just recommend using dependencies than even trying to make sense of that for folks.

When can we expect an update for this mod? I really want to see how the game plays out with it.
If you want to try it out, feel free. The Cacao3 version is more or less ""complete"": I don't really plan to keep playing in it, since Imperial Decay seems to be broken in this version of HIP.

If you want to try it out, feel free. The Cacao3 version is more or less ""complete"": I don't really plan to keep playing in it, since Imperial Decay seems to be broken in this version of HIP.

Is it broken in Ironman mode or generally ?
Is there a hotfix ?

Cheers

Is it broken in Ironman mode or generally ?
All I know is that (1) I've seen people post in the Bug Reports thread that it isn't working for them, and (2) it isn't working in my (non-Ironman) campaign. (I made no bug report on the matter because it may just be the tweaks' fault.)

All I know is that (1) I've seen people post in the Bug Reports thread that it isn't working for them, and (2) it isn't working in my (non-Ironman) campaign. (I made no bug report on the matter because it may just be the tweaks' fault.)

I see. Thanks mate.

These tweaks have been updated, if anyone's interested.
A mostly-complete changelog, Tweaks for HIP 2017-08-29.txt, is attached to this thread.

I love these tweaks, I definitely agree with most of them and the only ones I don't are the default rules which I can just change so thanks a bunch.

What files do I have to delete from base HIP to get only the Game Over Prevention? I wanted to play with it to try to make the game a little bit more historical, but I don't know what files to change to get it and I don't really need the other tweaks.

What files do I have to delete from base HIP to get only the Game Over Prevention?
Game Over Prevention is a standalone mod. It can be used with vanilla, with HIP, or with other mods (though it theoretically may cause on_death events that check the dynasty of the heir to act in unexpected ways).

Game Over Prevention is a standalone mod. It can be used with vanilla, with HIP, or with other mods (though it theoretically may cause on_death events that check the dynasty of the heir to act in unexpected ways).
Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought it's a .txt file.