• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sanguine Caesar

Župan
40 Badges
Aug 10, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Introduction:

Hello there! I haven't had time recently to work on my longer threads about Croatia and Slovenia in EUIV, but I had enough time today to quickly throw together this much shorter thread in which, as the title suggest, I would like to talk unit models for the Croatia tag in-game.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the default Eastern unit graphics leave much to be desired, however in the case of Croatia there is in fact a history of vibrant, iconic uniforms that could easily make for nice additions to any unit pack for Balkan or Habsburg nations (should one ever be released). Many of these uniform designs can still be seen today as they are used by the several local honour guard regiments in Croatian towns and cities.

Since I like to add traditional music to my threads, here is an old Croatian song about the peasant revolt lead by Petar Zrinski and Fran Krsto Frankopan in the late 17th Century:

New Units:

Tier 1 (Based on the Croat soldiers and hussars from the Siege of Szigetvar)
3996e7efd8f6482fd580085d3309c403.jpg

3656fe20283a2f3de3012eb68ed348ae.jpg

wZLFw7k.jpg

Tier 2 (Based on the famous Kravat Regiment, whose uniforms originate from the 30-Years War)
smjena_straze10-090814.jpg

orseg1.jpg

Kravat_pukovnija_Trg_sv_Marka_2_18102012_roberta_f.jpg

Tier 3 (Based on the Bakar City Guards, whose uniform originates in the 18th Century)
0e09527b0f5edaa60cf5702119e6a0a2_L.jpg

Gradska_stra%C5%BEa_Bakar_%28u_%C4%8Cakovcu_2012%29.JPG

Tier 4 (Based on the Varaždin City Guards, whose uniform originates in the late 18th and early 19th Centuries)
purgari-3.jpg

purgari-2.jpg

4917114020_615cbc312e_o.jpg

Conclusion:

That's all for today: just a small suggestion but one worth making and which should be simple enough to implement. I hope this has been helpful and have a good day! :)

Also taking the time to tag @neondt , as well as my fellow contributors to the Balkan Megathread @otaats @Mingmung and @Dieselface ;)

I think that Pandur uniform would fit better for the 3rd tier. And they were definitely more widespread than the Bakar city guard:)

I think that Pandur uniform would fit better for the 3rd tier. And they were definitely more widespread than the Bakar city guard:)
Thank you! I had no idea how widespread the designs I found were (for the most part), so I essentially just tried to find different uniforms from around the country which fit the time period of EUIV. The uniforms from Bakar to me looked the most fitting for how Tier 3 uniforms generally look, but at that time I had never seen the Pandur uniforms. I'll be sure to implement that! :D

Thank you! I had no idea how widespread the designs I found were (for the most part), so I essentially just tried to find different uniforms from around the country which fit the time period of EUIV. The uniforms from Bakar to me looked the most fitting for how Tier 3 uniforms generally look, but at that time I had never seen the Pandur uniforms. I'll be sure to implement that! :D
I didn´t know too, I only meant the number of troops in Pandur regiments vs number of city guards of Bakar. Anyways, I am glad to be helpful

I didn´t know too, I only meant the number of troops in Pandur regiments vs number of city guards of Bakar. Anyways, I am glad to be helpful
Oh I see what you mean. To clarify, I just used these guard regiments as examples of ones which have preserved what appear to be standard uniforms of the Croatian army units (or units from that specific region) from around the point in time of their founding. The Bakar City guards may be the only ones to wear that uniform now, but perhaps it was a more widespread style of uniform used by multiple units in the past? I'm not exactly sure but I might look in to it eventually if I have time.

Pandurs were irregulars, the 3rd tier mostly represents regular soldiers instead of conscripted highwaymen.