Minor detail - can we check if wife of our character is pregnant?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Warrior2099

Corporal
30 Badges
Jun 4, 2019
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV
I remember that long time ago (before 1.4 for sure) information if wife is pregnant was provided just when we moved cursor at such character.

Now I don't see it in general information?

Is it possible to check it in some way or this information was removed (it's hard for me to belive that it could be removed)?

• 3Like
Reactions:
I have to admit that I have never used the console in Imperator. you first need to open it (which is afaik more difficult than in older GSG games from paradox) and then enter the commands.
The necessary command would be probably along the lines of show all details (char ID, and everything that the game "knows" about that Char)

I have to admit that I miss that indicator. Had a ruler that had no male heirs... consort was 45... I figured that she was a lost cause, so I had a trial, imprisoned, and banished her so I could get a younger consort to produce an heir. 2 months after deporting her, I get a son born in a foreign land!

• 7Haha
Reactions:
I have to admit that I have never used the console in Imperator. you first need to open it (which is afaik more difficult than in older GSG games from paradox) and then enter the commands.
The necessary command would be probably along the lines of show all details (char ID, and everything that the game "knows" about that Char)
Thanks. It seems that it will be time-consuming anyway. But will check. Anyway - I had hope that I just missed it :(
I have to admit that I miss that indicator. Had a ruler that had no male heirs... consort was 45... I figured that she was a lost cause, so I had a trial, imprisoned, and banished her so I could get a younger consort to produce an heir. 2 months after deporting her, I get a son born in a foreign land!
If it was really removed I just don't understand why. If it's current situation I will post thread on "suggestions" - this info was useful sometimes and it didn't have any sense to remove it at all.

I think some poeple consider it useful.

This is some kind of mod we can install? We can find it in mods' list?
It's a website where you can upload your save file (https://ir.pdxsimulator.com/export). It takes a while to process the save file since it loads all characters. If this is an issue I can try making it only load one character.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a pregnancy icon (a lady clad in white) next to their names whenever characters got pregnant, back in the older version UI? It even told us the due date.

I don't think I have ever seen it after the rework.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wasn't there a pregnancy icon (a lady clad in white) next to their names whenever characters got pregnant, back in the older version UI? It even told us the due date.

imo there should be an icon, but only once it would be seen in real life as well, so not from day 1 of conception.

• 1Like
Reactions:

There was, and it's an omission in the new version. I cant chalk it up to the obfuscation they've added around things like health - pregnancy tends to make itself very apparent...

• 1Like
Reactions:
imo there should be an icon, but only once it would be seen in real life as well, so not from day 1 of conception.
There was, and it's an omission in the new version. I cant chalk it up to the obfuscation they've added around things like health - pregnancy tends to make itself very apparent...

If this is something which was removed - I will add post to "suggestions" forum. I was just affraid that it's my fault that I cannot find it. If this is situation I think that devs should just get this information back to game. Maybe not from first day but it's something which should be as part of character's wife information player should be able to see.

I agree that it should be there...but...for me the issue if more fundamental: Has IR even (or still) the concept of pregancy at all? I runned into something, which makes me doubt:

I agree that it should be there...but...for me the issue if more fundamental: Has IR even (or still) the concept of pregancy at all? I runned into something, which makes me doubt:

Interesting find.

But isn't it just that there is some event which results with child and event is not binded with rules tied with normal births but it's just something which "creates" child just "out of system"?

Because if this is the case I think that we can just overlook the problem as events are just events and contradictions in such cases are more acceptable (in my opinioin).

BTW - I read also somewhere that if we befriend some woman she may give our character illegitimate child but I have no idea if this is true or not and how this child can be counted then (if she already has husband).

So this is an old thread but i wonder if someone found something in the UI?
There is an icon:

PregnancyIconIR.jpg

• 1Love
Reactions: