• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 63

[Beijing, China]

(September 11, 2013)

Chen returned to his office only to find Jian standing at the door. He let him inside and both of them sat down. Chen didn't like the fact that his friend's expression was grim.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

Jian paused a brief moment. "The Americans got bombed."

Chen was smiling. "It's nothing new. They got the terrorists targeting them all the time."

"Nuclear bombs." Jian watched the general's smile disappear as his expression turned to shock upon hearing the news. "I received word earlier that twelve cities were annihilated."

"How?" Chen struggled for words while he absorbed the information. "How did they get their hands on nuclear bombs? And twelve?"

"This is very disturbing news indeed." Jian watched as Chen stood up pacing the room. He found himself twiddling his thumbs.

The room was silent for the next five minutes with neither men finding the words. Chen then turned on the television in time to see it broadcasted on the news. The television stations managed to get some footage from CNN and Chen watched, with horror, the aftermath of the nuclear blasts.

"Had there been reports about missing nuclear bombs?"

Jian was so intent on the television that he didn't hear Chen the first time. Chen repeated his question with Jian answering no.

"Check! It's either our nuclear bomb or a Russian one."

Jian looked at his friend with bewilderment. "What do you mean? Couldn't the terrorists have stolen American ones?"

Chen sat back down to steady himself. "If they knew their nuclear bombs were missing, they would have taken precautions. If a foreign nuclear bomb was reported missing, they would need time to confirm the information before acting on it."

"I see." Jian exited Chen's office to make some quick calls in his own office. During the middle of his call, he found Chen waiting at the doorway.

"Do an investigation of the facility under General Hua. His death might be linked to it."

Jian nodded and proceeded to passing the information to the other person. After carefully laying out the instructions and the other side repeating it word for word, Jian hanged up the phone. He stared at his friend but said nothing. Chen eventually left for the kitchen for a late breakfast. Jian found himself no longer hungry as he waited by the phone for either a confirmation or a denial. Either way, he knew this would be a long day with their quest to search out for the source of the nuclear bombs. The bigger questions were how many bombs the terrorists still have at their disposal and who their next target was.

-meanwhile-

The Scorpion looked down at his drink. He would have thought the Fourth Reich was a joke had someone else told him. However, his friend didn't joke around with these matters. His friend watched him intently but said nothing. The Scorpion gestured to the man he could leave while he sat alone staring into his drink. He thought back to his history lessons about the Japanese working closely with the Third Reich in taking over the world. They came fairly close but were ultimately stopped. Thinking about what the Third Reich has accomplished, he wondered what the Fourth could do to surpass its predecessor. The Fourth Reich has already taken out a Chinese General but he knew there were more crimes under their name. The Scorpion felt his head exploding as he searched for possibilities. Thus, he went over to the bartender to order another drink. He finished it in one gulp, paid the bartender and walked out onto the street. He scanned around before turning left to a nearby newspaper stand. He went through the magazines while his eyes were focused elsewhere. He counted quietly and, once he reached zero, he paid for a magazine and walked down the street. He turned into an alleyway where he waited just around the corner. He waited patiently until one person turned the corner whom he tripped up. The tripped man tried to get up by soon felt a pistol by his side. The Scorpion gave some careful instructions which the man followed to a t. Several minutes later, the man was tied up by the Scorpion who thirsted for information and was willing to use any methods to get them.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the world might be in a spot of trouble here.
Just a little bit.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the world might be in a spot of trouble here.
Just a little bit.

The world has definitely seen better days with the recent nuclear explosions.

Chapter 64

[Beijing, China]

(September 11, 2013)

The prisoner was blindfolded as he sat in a chair. The Scorpion paced the room for a few minutes before he sat down.

"My friend, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." The Scorpion waited for a response but he received none. He studied the prisoner noticing that he didn't even sweat. "Are you not afraid?"

The man turned towards Scorpion and tried to spit at him. The Scorpion dodged the spit easily and returned to his pacing.

"I'm trying to make both our lives easier. Why don't you understand?" Seeing no response from the prisoner, the Scorpion took out a sharp knife which he used to made cuts across the man's face. He saw the prisoner tighten with fear from the cold steel. "Let's try to be civilized here."

The prisoner remained clamped out which yielded a few more cuts. The knife was drawing blood which the Scorpion knew the man could feel dripping down his face. A few more cuts later, he realized that conventional tactics wasn't going to work and proceeded to a more extreme method. The Scorpion walked over to a cabinet where he stored many of his supplies. He opened the cabinet doors and took his time retrieving the tools he needed.

"I was hoping you could be more cooperative. Unfortunately, you are making this very difficult." The Scorpion placed his tools onto the table where he positioned everything neatly. "I'm normally a patient man but, in this case, I don't have much time to work with." The Scorpion picked up one of his tools which he analyzed in the light for its sharpness. "Have you heard of an ancient method called Ling Chi?" The Scorpion went through the other tools satisfied that they were still in excellent shape. "Its translation in English is slow slicing. I fear the name doesn't sound terrifying enough." He returned to the first tool and stood before the prisoner. "I'll give you a summary so I won't bore you. The method demands that I cut pieces of you bit by bit while keeping you alive. I fear I am not skilled enough to reach a thousand pieces but I can assure you that you will still be breathing once I reach a hundred or so. Bear with me for a while please." Without another word, the Scorpion set to work with the slow slicing.

The process lasted half an hour which saw the prisoner screaming for much of it. Still, the Scorpion continued without pause until he reached his a hundredth cut. He then sat back down staring at the horribly disfigured man before him.

"Are you willing to talk now?"

"Yes." The prisoner appeared broken before the Scorpion who reached into his pocket for a piece of paper and pen.

"Who sent you?"

"My superiors." The prisoner moaned with pain with each word he said.

"Are you trying to be a wise-ass?"

The prisoner shook his head which sent pain through his body. "No ... please. I don't know who they are ... We ... were told ... to call them ... the superiors."

"Where are you from?"

"Berlin ... Germany"

"Were your grandparents part of the Third Reich?"

"Yes ... how did you know?"

"I ask this questions here." The prisoner immediately clamped his mouth.

Chapter 65

[Beijing, China]

(September 11, 2013)

Jian was going through some documents when the phone suddenly rang. He picked it up and listened carefully to the report. He then hanged up the phone storming out of his office to speak with Chen who was busy on his laptop. Chen saw Jian entered the gestured to his friend to sit.

"What do you have?" Chen noticed his hands were trembling when he spoke.

"We learned that General Hua kept an infiltration a secret."

"When?"

"Two days ago. A group of infiltrators took out the guards and left with nuclear bombs. Nothing else was taken."

"How many?"

Jian took a deep breath. "Thirteen."

Chen stood up but his knees gave way seeing him collapse back into his chair. Jian watch perspiration building on his friend's forehead. The general then typed a few quick commands on his laptop and was reading through a couple of things. Jian watched his friend's deep concentration on the monitor keeping quiet. The silence dragged on for a few minutes with Jian about to leave the office for some tea.

"Where?"

The question caught Jian by surprise that he froze where he stood. Slowly, he turned around to ask, "What do you mean where?"

"You said thirteen bombs were taken, right?" Chen watched as Jian nodded his head in confirmation. "Yet, there were only twelve explosions on American soil."

The reality suddenly dawned on Jian whose eyes went wide open in horror. "One bomb is still unaccounted for." Jian steadied himself against the wall and returned back to his seat.

"Where would you place it?"

"Washington DC."

"Yet, the capital was unaffected."

"A mistake must have been made." Jian watched Chen hoping for confirmation but he only received a shake to the head. "You're saying Washington DC wasn't targeted."

"Doesn't seem that way." Chen rubbed his forehead. "There is a missing piece of the puzzle."

The phone in the office suddenly rang startling both men. Chen looked at the caller ID but doesn't recognize it. He waited for the second ring before he picked it up.

"General Chen here. Who is this?"

"I have some important information, general. It might affect the fate of China."

"Who is this?"

"You may call me the Scorpion. I used to work for General Zhang."

Jian watched Chen's face turn to puzzlement and impatiently waited for the general to continue the conversation.

"How did you get this number?" Chen did some quick hand gestures which Jian understood as tracing the caller.

"That's not important. I will work in the shadows while sending you important information to your mailbox. And please don't bother tracing this call, general."

With that, the other side hanged up leaving Chen struggling to understood what was taking place. Upon seeing his expression, Jian returned to his friend's side waiting for an explanation. The explanation never came as Chen left the room in a hurry towards his mailbox.

Chapter 66

[Beijing, China]

(September 11, 2013)

Chen stopped before his mailbox hesitating to open it. Jian followed him all the way and watched his friend standing there.

"What's wrong?" asked Jian as he looked at his friend with worry in his eyes.

Chen seemed to have not hear his question while he slowly reached into his pocket for the key. He took it out steadily as though fearing he would drop it before moving it towards the keyhole. The key entered the keyhole and, after a brief pause, Chen turned it hearing a click. He drew the key back opening the slot which revealed a piece of paper inside. Chen reached for it but Jian stopped him.

"Wait! We could find fingerprints on it."

Chen shook his head as he grabbed the paper. "He's too good to make that mistake." He quickly read the content. "It would seem that he is willing to meet with us tonight."

"Us?"

"He knows about you. Looks like this stranger is well informed." Chen closed his mailbox and headed back to his office. He opened his laptop where he typed in the address given to him. He made a few quick notes on the same piece of paper before stuffing it into his pocket.

"Don't tell me you consider going?" Jian stood towering over Chen. When Chen tried to get up, Jian shoved him back down. "I won't let you do this alone."

Chen stared at his friend and smiled. "That's why you are coming with me."

Jian looked down at Chen seeing the determination in his friend's eyes. He knew that anything short of locking the general in a cell could not stop him. "Alright, I got your back."

-meanwhile-

"Please kill me ..."

The Scorpion stared at his prisoner who has suffered a lot. He sat across from the prisoner who barely had the strength to lift his head.

"I told you ... everything. Please ... kill me."

"There's one more thing I want to confirm." As the Scorpion spoke, he brought up a knife. "Tell me and your death will be swift."

"What?" The prisoner barely managed to croak out the question.

"You spoke of an ultimate weapon that was rumored in the military. What was its name?"

"Archangel ..."

"Yet you know nothing about it?"

"I ... heard rumors ... a new class ... of warship ... that's all ... I know ..."

The Scorpion waited a minute or so and, when he realized that the man said everything he knew, ended the man's life swiftly. He looked down at his watch before grabbing a body bag nearby which he used to store the body. The Scorpion threw the bag over his shoulders and transported it to his new vehicle. After storing the bag in the trunk, he started the ignition as he slowly made his way onto the road heading to the wilderness to dispose the body. Once that was accomplished, he had an appointment to keep.

Chapter 67

[London, UK]

(September 11, 2013)

Ulrich waited for the private jet to hit the runway before he stood up to stretch. The six hour flight had his muscles aching following a short nap. He checked with the digital clock aboard the jet to adjust his watch. Then, he walked over to the luggage staring down at it. Ulrich has seen a nuclear explosion earlier knowing full well the devastating force was enough to take out London itself. Inside the luggage, the nuclear bomb and a smaller bomb sat quietly waiting. Ulrich still struggled to understand how such small devices could pack that much raw power. He has been the leader of the group that infiltrated into China where thirteen of these bombs were lightly guarded. Now, he was in London with only one bomb left. The twelve other bombs performed their tasks to perfection. Ulrich took the time to stare out the window at the London Heathrow Airport which boasted to be the third busiest airport in the world. Ulrich found satisfaction knowing that this airport would soon be dead last assuming that any of it survived the blast. Previously, Ulrich's team was ordered to plant all thirteen bombs on American soil to maximize the destruction. However, a last minute change of plans saw the luck thirteen being planted in London, UK. To the descendents of the Third Reich, UK was viewed as the one of the major contributors to the party's defeat in the second world war.

[Sapporo, Japan]

(January 1, 2013)

Ulrich entered the room soon after he received the call from his mentor, Noboru Suto. Suto claimed that he had important matters to discuss with Ulrich which the young German took very seriously. Upon entering the room, Ulrich noticed the room very dark being only lit by a single lamp. Suto sat in a chair by the lamp as he stared out into the distance. Believing that his mentor didn't hear him enter, Ulrich called out to his mentor.

"I'm not deaf, Ulrich." Suto chuckled after he heard himself. "I must be getting old if I'm saying that."

"You have many years left, mentor." Ulrich sat himself down on one of the sofas. His mentor never turned his back and Ulrich didn't really care. "What is this urgent matter you speak of?"

"Longhezhen."

Ulrich waited for his mentor to continue but Suto just stopped talking. A short while later, he heard small sobs from Suto. As he was about to get up to comfort the old man, Suto raised his hand giving a clear command for him to stay where he was.

"You will lead a team there to infiltrate the base and acquire some nuclear bombs." Suto paused as he stared at Ulrich's shocked face in the window reflection. "Don't be surprised. I told you that the Fourth Reich would require drastic measures to rise up in today's world."

Ulrich sat back down to steady himself from, not of fear, but excitement. "So, how many bombs will we acquire?"

"Thirteen."

"Losing thirteen cities will be a deadly blows on the Americans."

"They will only lose twelve."

"Why?" Ulrich stared wide-eyed at his mentor. "Why are you showing mercy to the Americans?"

"There is an enemy that contributed to our defeat as much as the Americans."

"The Russians?" Ulrich began pacing the room. "I understand they halted our advances. Still, the Russians could be a valuable ally once the Fourth Reich is formed."

"You still have much to learn."

Suto struggled to stand up but his legs were shaking. Ulrich came over to give his mentor a hand but Suto refused the help. A few minutes later, the two men stood before a large map hanging on the wall. There were many markings on the map with the one arrow labelled "1" pointing from Japan to China. Suto pointed to Europe as he spoke to Ulrich.

"What enemy of the Third Reich avoided occupation other than the Russians?"

Ulrich looked through the map briefly. "The British."

"Let me ask you this." Suto took a moment to catch his breath. "What would have happened if we captured UK?"

Ulrich paused to formulate his thoughts. Suto told him to speak what was on his mind and don't waste time organizing everything. Ulrich stated that, with UK captured, the Americans would have been less likely to launch an attack on Europe itself. Without UK, the Americans had no foreign bases to transport men to Europe so they could liberate the occupation. As Ulrich spoke, he realized that the British did indeed prevented them from winning the war. By allowing the Americans to set up bases in their territory, the Allies eventually pushed into Europe seeing the Third Reich collapse by fighting on two fronts. Suto was content with his student figuring things out alone and returned to his seat. He then dismissed Ulrich so he could be alone. On the next day, a servant found Suto dead in his chair sitting before the window that faced mainland Asia.

Hint taken, pull investments from London.

Chapter 68

[London, UK]

(September 11, 2013)

Ulrich placed his hand on the luggage expecting some power to pulse into him. For the next minute or so, he felt nothing and took a deep breath. As he let out his breath, Ulrich lifted the luggage before placing it on the nearby table. He entered the combination which yielded a click from the lock. As soon as the luggage was open, he got to work by picking up the tools inside and working with the two bombs inside. On one side, he had a small explosive that was capable of blasting through the casing of the nuclear bomb resulting in a nuclear explosion assuming the timer on the bomb failed. Ulrich started with the explosive before he transitioned over to the bomb which he handled very delicately. Once he was finished, he triple checked his work while he admired his own handiwork. As soon as all the preparations were finished, Ulrich closed the luggage waiting for the click to confirm the luggage was locked. After that, he grabbed the luggage with care as he exited the private jet heading onto the runway where a customs officer was waiting. The two of them had a brief conversation before Ulrich was led to the business lounge where he claimed he needed coffee and a quick bite to eat. The officer offered to carry the luggage but Ulrich politely refused.

Ulrich waited until he was seated before dismissing the officer. He preferred not to do anything suspicious to catch the attention of these men who most likely heard about the bombings on American soil already. While he was being led to the lounge, Ulrich checked his surroundings searching for the ideal location to set his last objective in motion. He was relieved to see the washroom near the lounge making accessibility easy. First, he got up and headed to the nearby cafe where he poured himself some coffee and grabbed a sandwich. Ulrich took his time eating his sandwich until exactly thirty minutes have passed since he left his jet. He then stood up walking to the washroom he found earlier with his luggage in hand. No one was inside the washroom allowing Ulrich to pick his own stall to place his luggage. He locked the door before climbing out of the stall with relative ease. Exiting the washroom, Ulrich made his way straight to the jet which started running the moment the pilot saw him on the runway. Once he entered the jet and closed the door behind him, the pilot set the jet into motion seeing them in the air in two minutes.

Ulrich sat down in his seat counting down from a hundred. When he reached zero, he had to wait a few seconds before a strong turbulence shook the jet. The turbulence lasted only a minute or so until it subsided. Ulrich looked up to the television monitor on the jet wall which showed the thirteenth nuclear explosion to shake the world on September 11. Waiting for the phone call to come, Ulrich stood by the window staring out at the white clouds that float harmlessly in the air. He was so mesmerized by the clouds that he failed to hear the first ring of his cellphone. The second ring caught his attention seeing him answer his cell after the third ring.

"Taking time to admire your handiwork?"

"Sorry, Leiter Schneller. I was watching the clouds."

Ulrich heard a laugh from the other side. "And I thought I was the only one that admires the clouds. Excellent job."

"Thank you, Leiter." Ulrich sat down on his seat to steady himself. A compliment by Schneller went a long way in the Fourth Reich.

"I have a new mission for you once you return. Are you up for it?"

"Yes, Leiter! For the Fourth Reich!"

Ulrich heard the other side hang up noticing he was holding his breath. He let the breath out while he placed his cell back on the table. He looked down at his watch which suggested midnight was around the corner

Chapter 69

[Berlin, Germany]

(September 11, 2013)

The private jet landed on the runway with the pilot navigating to the nearest gate. While the pilot was turning everything off on the jet, Ulrich and the man that accompanied him in Boston headed into the airport. As expected, the people inside were in a state of panic upon learning the recent bombing in London. Ulrich and his companion walked through the customs as though nothing has happened and exited the airport in a timely fashion. They were picked up by a driver who stood with a sign in his hands. After a quick exchange of words, the trio made their way to the parking lot where a vehicle awaited. The driver opened the door for his passengers first before getting in himself. The short journey took place in silence with no one saying anything. Ulrich, meanwhile, was admiring the sight of the home his grandparents were forced to abandon when they were merely kids. He could almost recall the stories they told him.

Ulrich's grandparents were born during the Second World War. Their parents were high ranking officers in the Third Reich but neither of the grandparents had a chance to enjoy special privileges. They didn't know each other for several years but one fateful day would come in 1945. The Allies and Soviets were closing in Berlin itself and all hope seemed lost. Many of those part of the Third Reich were already evacuated from the country to foreign nations while Ulrich's grandparents were part of the last group. It was during this evacuation that they met each other and some may call it love at first sight, though many argue against it since they were only five years old at the time. At such a young age, they had no memory of the city itself but one must also remember that much changed since then. Ulrich was seeing the innovative Germans that were ahead of so many other nation technologically. The only problem he saw with the image was that the German politicians themselves were weak and easily corrupted. The Fourth Reich would soon take control of this great nation and complete what the Third Reich has failed. Ulrich, like many of his peers, blamed Hitler for the fall of the Third Reich. Had a stronger leader been the Fuhrer, the Third Reich wouldn't have buckled under pressure. Still, Ulrich felt excited knowing that he would take part in shaping a new world. A world one may call Utopia.

They arrived outside a hotel where Ulrich exited the vehicle alone. He stood at the doorway where the doorman greeted him and opened the door for him. Ulrich returned the greeting before entering the hotel making his way to the front desk. Ulrich spoke of his name while providing some identification. The receptionist scanned through everything carefully before giving Ulrich his room number and keycard to his room. Ulrich made his way to the elevator which took up to the fifth floor. Ulrich slid his keycard into the lock which prompted a small click. Ulrich opened the door to find a familiar sight sitting on the bed watching television.

"Bernhard! What a pleasant surprise!"

Bernhard got up from the bed and embraced Ulrich.

"It's good to see you again, brother. I hear good things about you lately."

"Come! Sit down and we will speak of my short adventure."

Ulrich spoke of his planning stages and the executions along with his thoughts on what should happen next. Bernhard sat quietly as he listened to Ulrich speak nodding at times to show he agrees. The two brother finished with their little discussion within ten minutes before Bernhard offered to buy Ulrich a drink. They left their room heading downstairs where they planned to celebrate the occasion.

Chapter 70

[Beijing, China]

(September 12, 2013)

Chen and Jian stopped outside a building early in the morning. There wasn't a soul around making both men very nervous. Chen was against calling for backup worried that the contact may refuse to meet with them. Chen explained to Jian that whoever contacted him must have important information on the puzzle they had before them. Losing the contact may eliminate all their chances of finding out what was going to happen. Still, the two of them weren't foolish enough to come to the meeting place unarmed. They wouldn't hesitate to use their weapons if threatened but they hoped it won't come down to that. Standing at the entrance, the two men looked around but it was still dark out making visibility low. The building before them showed no signs of inhabitants given the lack of light. Since it was still early, neither men were sure anybody would be up so early anyways. The courtyard was filled with garbage and refuse while the main gate of the building was in disrepair. Jian tried to talk Chen out of going in but the general was determined to making the meeting. Jian shook his head knowing that he would still go with his friend to the ends of the earth. Both men took a deep breath before taking their first step into the building.

The interior was pitch black with the streetlamps providing some light through the openings in the wall. Once their eyes were adjusted to the dark, Chen took the lead and headed up the stairs with his weapon drawn. Jian did the same as he kept in pace with Chen. The two of them walked up the stairs steadily not making much noise. When they arrived on the second floor, Chen saw a pair of yellow eyes staring back at him. A moment later, the cat dashed into the darkness disappearing from sight. Jian used the brief pause to look up the stairs but the lack of light made it impossible for him to make out anything. The two men proceeded forward up the stairs and arrived on the third floor. Suddenly, they heard some creaking behind them and, by instinct, they trained their weapons at the source of the noise. The duo was relieved to find the creaking originating from a window that was being blown by the gentle breeze. They both stopped moving to listen but, other than the creaking of the window, they heard nothing else. Chen tapped Jian on the shoulder gesturing that they should keep going. Thus, they made it to the fourth floor where nothing caught their eyes. Finally, the duo arrived at the fifth floor where the meeting was supposed to take place. The fifth floor, like the other floors, was dark with no signs of life. Chen was having doubts about the meeting being a hoax when a light came up down the hall.

Chen and Jian both covered their eyes from the light that nearly blinded them. They waited a minute or so for their eyes to readjust before they walked towards the suite with the light. The two of them stood at the entrance unsure how to proceed.

"You may come in," shouted the person inside.

Chen smiled at Jian before taking a step into the suite. Initially, he found no one standing at the hallway learning that the contact was further in the suite. He took a few quick steps with his hand on his weapon until he arrived at the end of the hallway where he was greeted by an abandoned living room that must have been looted many times. The contact was sitting on a stool looking through a stack of documents. Seeing the contact holding no weapon, Chen put away his own and went over.

"You may call me Scorpion and you may want to see this." The Scorpion handed over a small stack of paper which Chen took without hesitation.

Last edited:
Chapter 71

[Beijing, China]

(September 12, 2013)

Chen read through the papers carefully before handing them back to the Scorpion who was going through another stack. Chen waited patiently for the Scorpion to finish his readings. The Scorpion put down the stack of paper in his hand.

"So, any questions?" The Scorpion asked as he stood up from his stool.

Jian was leaning against the wall watching the stranger and the general in the center of the room talking. He noted that the Scorpion was armed and kept his hand close to his weapon in case things get messy.

"Who are you exactly?" Chen studied the man before him trying to get clues of the man.

"I was working for General Zhang before he was assassinated."

Chen jumped back from the news. He looked at Jian who had a surprised expression as well.

"But," Chen paused a moment to find the words, "all his officers were reassigned elsewhere."

"I wasn't his officer," said the Scorpion. "I was a mercenary when he hired me."

Chen looked at the man as if he was crazy. "Why are you doing this then? I doubt he could keep paying you now that he's dead."

"He was also the father I never knew. He may have abandoned me a long time ago but our bond still existed."

The last bit of information had Chen steady himself down onto the stool. The general spent a minute or so absorbing the information he just learned.

"Are there any questions about the paper you just read?" asked the Scorpion.

The question reminded the general of the urgent matter at hand forcing him to change gears.

"How reliable is your source?"

"Very."

"If what the paper say is true, we might be facing an invasion soon. The loss of two generals has greatly hindered our ability to establish an effective defense."

Chen looked at the Scorpion expecting a nod or shake of head but the stranger's face was expressionless.

"Things look dire because we might not be ready for this invasion. Millions will die and we will relive World War 2."

"Only this time, nuclear weapons will be fire and things will get a lot crazier." Jian finished the thought for his general.

"That basically sum things up for us," said the Scorpion as he reached down to grab a map which he unfolded and pinned onto the wall. The Scorpion pointed at the Korean Peninsula. "We have reasons to believe they will strike here first before moving westwards into China. In a way, they plan to reenact the Second Sino-Japanese War once they take control of Korea and former Manchuria. This time, the Americans won't be a problem because, if you have been following the news, things look equally dire there."

Chapter 72

[Shanghai, China]

(September 12, 2013)

Vilkne yawned and stretched just as the plane landed onto the runway. He looked around to see Bing and Xue already awake. They were busy going over pieces of paper but, from where he was sitting, he couldn't see what was written on them. Daniel was still sleeping beside him and Vilken considered waking his friend. Then, a paper ball came out of nowhere hitting Daniel in the head. Daniel rubbed where the ball grazed him and looked around in confusion.

"We're in Shanghai," said Vilken who was trying to figure out who threw the ball.

Daniel yawned and rubbed his eyes. He looked out the window staring at the Pudong International Airport. There was a slight drizzle but the rain didn't bother him one bit. Instead, he recalled to a time where his mother promised to bring him to China on vacation. Biting back his tears, Daniel looked around the private jet noticing Xue smiling at him. He smiled back before continuing to look out the window.

"How are we going to get through the security?" asked Vilken. "We have no passports on us."

Bing looked up from his papers. "Don't worry. We will smuggle you in."

"How?" asked Daniel who turned his head to face Bing.

"We have luggage that are large enough to fit you two. We'll just cram you two in." Xue waited for the shocked expression before she burst out laughing.

Bing laughed as well. "Don't worry, we're not cramming you into anything. We're just going to dress you up as airport workers and you will have no problems."

Bing and Xue returned to their papers while Daniel and Vilken breathed a sigh of relief. As the jet made its way to the gate, the interior was silent except for the shuffling of papers.

-meanwhile-

Kim and Sonu watched happily as Fu and her husband embraced. Sonu has expected negotiations to be tougher but, as luck would have it, the leader of the Kkangpae group in Shanghai happened to be Kim's childhood friend. The two friends spoke for a long while with the conversation ending with the leader, whose name was Kae, learning Kim already had a boyfriend. Kae agreed to forget about the debt on behalf of Kim which saw the quick release of Fu's husband. The couple left quickly eager to return to their normal lives. As for Kim and Sonu, they agreed to have lunch with Kae as part of the deal. As they were entering the vehicle parked outside Pudong International Airport, Kim stopped in time to see a familiar face.

"Vilken!" she called out at a man wearing an uniform of airport staff.

Vilken looked up and caught sight of her. They ran towards each other and embraced. Daniel and company walked over when Xue suddenly separated from the group. She made her way to Kae and the two of them shook hands. They exchanged pleasantries which, for Daniel, didn't go unnoticed. Xue brought Kae over to introduce him to the gang. A short while later, it was decided that they would all go for lunch and talk there.

Chapter 73

[Sapporo, Japan]

(September 12, 2013)

Isamu stood beside the Archangel touching it with both his hands. The metal body felt cool against his skin but he felt a certain aura from the warship before him. Looking at the magnificent creation, Isamu couldn't help smiling at his greatest invention. He will admit that he was inspired to create such a wonderful warship so he couldn't take all the credit. Still, he made the dream a reality seeing Japan armed with one of the most devastating weapons. Isamu took a moment to look around as he watched some of the greatest minds working to finish to design. The Archangel has been in production for nearly a decade and its creators wanted it to be perfect. They strove for excellence in everything and the Archangel was no exception. Isamu would have stayed longer to admire the warship had he not been alerted of an urgent call from his head. Reluctantly, Isamu broke contact with the ship and ran up a flight of stairs to his office. He reached for the phone answering to his head.

"Isuma here."

"How's the progress?" There was a hint of impatience in the voice.

"Everything is going according to plan, Otojiro." Isamu realized too late his mistake.

"Did you give permission for you to speak my first name?" The anger was barely contained by Otojiro.

"I'm sorry, sir. I promise I won't make that mistake."

"You better not or you will be shark food next time."

The other side hanged up abruptly sending chills through Isamu. The man knew better to anger his head, especially when they were so close to accomplishing their dreams. Everyone was tense with the invasion scheduled very soon.

[Beijing, China]

"Well?" asked Scorpion as he took off his headphones looking at Chen and Jian.

The duo joined the Scorpion in a hideout where one of his associates hacked into a phone call just minutes ago.

"Otojiro?" Chen said out loud. "That sounds familiar."

"He's one of the Japanese billionaires." The Scorpion sat down in the nearby chair. "He and a few others are funding the creation of this Archangel."

"Any idea what this warship is capable of?" asked Jian.

The Scorpion shook his head. "I've only learned about this warship lately." He pointed towards his associate who was still busy on the keyboard. "He's gathering whatever he could by hacking their system but he has to be careful not to alert them. We don't want them to know."

"What other information do you have?" asked Chen who leaned against the wall while staring right at the Scorpion.

"I'm afraid I'm pretty much in the dark like you two." The Scorpion turned his attention to the computer but nothing on the monitor caught his attention. "We need time to gather information but I fear we don't have much time."

"What's your estimates of the invasion?" Jian asked the question everyone has been avoiding thus far.

"It could be tomorrow for all I know." The Scorpion stood out heading to the washroom next door.

There was a drawn out silence between the duo while the keyboard keys continued to pound away.

Chapter 74

[Beijing, China]

(September 12, 2013)

The Scorpion returned from his washroom break to see Chen and Jian staring at the monitor. He took a quick look but found nothing interesting while his associate continued to work away. When he sat down, Chen turned towards him.

"Tell me about this Otojiro person."

The Scorpion paused a brief moment to gather his thoughts. "I'm recalling this off my memory so bear with me if I make any mistakes. Otojiro's past is hidden and he isn't eager to talk about it. Around twenty, he became the grandson of a Japanese millionaire who made his fortune in the war. There were many speculations about the millionaire's unorthodox way of doing business but, with influence and money in a nation that has lost in the war, no one dared to question him openly. When the millionaire died under suspicious circumstances, Otojiro inherited everything making him one of the most powerful men in Japan. Otojiro made several powerful friends in the government and, eventually, the military. By taking advantage of the corruption within the government, Otojiro became a billionaire and his wealth continued to grow. No one had the exact figures of his wealth but estimates put it very high. This man has came onto our radar awhile back because we have reasons to believe he was funding the Japanese military. There were many funds that were concealed as private donations which we tracked to the military. As for the Archangel, I wouldn't be surprised if Otojiro funded the project himself."

"Sounds like a dangerous man," said Jian. "What are his views on World War 2?"

"Thanks for reminding me." The Scorpion had another pause. "The man saw nothing wrong with the invasion of China. His adopted grandfather became rich due to it making him see wars as a chance at more wealth. At the moment, he is so rich that I see no point in him getting even wealthier. I'm starting to think he has a secret agenda in all of this. At the moment, we have little to go on."

"I got something!" Everyone turned the Scorpion's associate who shouted suddenly. "I was tracing a few packets and found a secret mission mentioning the theft of thirteen nuclear bombs."

Chen and Jian looked at each other with smiles.

"I won't go into details about the mission but I have did a quick search of the squad leader who came back as Ulrich Brecht. He's a German who only has Japanese citizenship. This man joined the Japanese army before they pulled his out for special training. It would appear that he has a new mission in Berlin."

"What's the mission?" asked the Scorpion urgently.

"Assassinate the German Chancellor." The associate turned around with a smirk. "This guy isn't playing around, is he?"

The trio shook their head as they stopped to think. The silence lasted only a few seconds.

"How much do you know about the missions?" asked the Scorpion.

His associate turned around and put in a few commands. "Enough to know roughly how they work."

"Good," said Chen. "Let's make a call to the German capital."

Jay Daniel Kim and Vilken make a reappearance.
I'm getting a sense of where you'r going I think, keep up the good work! It's a great story so far.
That goes for the other thread too :)

Jay Daniel Kim and Vilken make a reappearance.
I'm getting a sense of where you'r going I think, keep up the good work! It's a great story so far.
That goes for the other thread too :)

Yup, we can't have our main characters out of sight for too long. Thanks for following all this way as I hope the story can remain interesting.

Chapter 75

[Beijing, China]

(September 12, 2013)

Chen was patched in to the German Embassy in Beijing as he spoke with the ambassador about the newly discovered plot. Jian listened in on the conversation and helped fill in missing information by writing on a notebook he was given. Meanwhile, the Scorpion took quick notes over the hacked files so he could send it to a friend who worked at the BND. He didn't trust the ambassador as he didn't know who to trust at the moment. As soon as his notes were done, the Scorpion had his associate type it up before sending it as an encrypted email. Chen then returned from his call explaining that the ambassador will relay the information to the BND soon. When he asked the Scorpion what they were going to do next, Chen was told that they would wait ten minutes. Chen and Jian sat down while the Scorpion stayed by his associate as they continued scrolling through the hacked files. Three minutes later, Scorpion's associate quickly changed the screen so he could check the email he just received. The Scorpion read the email quickly before rushing to the door. He told Chen and Jian to follow him as they made their way out the hideout. Scorpion entered the driver seat and waited for the his two allies to get in before flooring the gas. Chen and Jian rushed to put on their seat belts while their vehicle stormed out of the underground parking onto the busy street. Scorpion received many honks but he ignored them.

Chen and Jian knew that something must have came up and stayed silent allowing Scorpion to focus on the road before him. He weaved through the traffic until he arrived outside the German embassy. Just as he arrived, he caught sight of a vehicle outside the embassy with a man escorted to it. From the man's clothes, Scorpion concluded that the man must be the ambassador. To avoid being obvious, Scorpion kept driving forward and parked a block from the embassy. He still had a clear sight of the ambassador's vehicle that has started up. The driver of the vehicle looked around before putting the vehicle into gear. He would make a right leaving Scorpion's line of sight. Scorpion took his time driving forward to the next intersection where he took a right as well. He would speed up in this section and arrived at the next intersection in time to see the ambassador's driver taking another right. Scorpion waited a few seconds before he turned right as well. For the rest of the journey, Scorpion tailed the vehicle always leaving two vehicles between them. Since he drove a model that was very common in Beijing, Scorpion wasn't worried that he would be spotted. Scorpion's tailing would end when the ambassador's vehicle stopped outside a hotel. The man would exit alone with no escorts as he made his way into the hotel. Scorpion drove into the parking lot of the restaurant beside the hotel where he parked quickly. He, Chen and Jian would exit the vehicle in quick succession making their way to the hotel. The ambassador was still at the front desk which gave the trio time to make it the lobby to the emergency stairs undetected.

The ambassador took a few more minutes before he dealt with the front desk. He then made his way to the elevator and, as he walked past the emergency exit, three men exited through the doors walking to towards the lobby having a quiet conversation. The ambassador pressed for an elevator and one door opened up near him. As he was walking through the door, he heard a shout by one of the three men from earlier. He looked to see the man also entering the elevator. The man spoke Chinese quickly which the ambassador claimed to not understand. The ambassador pressed his floor surprised to see the man pressing the same. He didn't think much about the coincidence and allowed the man to exit first once they arrived at the floor. The man walked into the hallway where he took out his cellphone with his back turned to the ambassador. The ambassador proceeded to his room and, the moment he got the door open, he felt something pressed against his side. To his horror, it was the same man that came up with him on the elevator. The man then spoke perfect German ordering the ambassador to not resist or scream and enter the room quietly. Moments later, the ambassador was tied up with Scorpion, Chen and Jian in the room with him.

Chapter 76

[Shanghai, China]

(September 12, 2013)

Kim was overjoyed to be reunited with her boyfriend. The two of them sat at their own table during lunch where they shared with each other what has taken place. The others were seated at a large table where Kae and Bing actually got along. Bing apparently knew enough Korean to have a normal conversation and, by the end of the lunch, they were like buddies. Xue and Sonu got along instantly and chatted away about guys and clothes. As for Daniel, he ate until he was full before thinking back to his dream. He grabbed a napkin and, once he acquired a pen from Bing, started recalling his memories which he noted on the napkin. The lunch lasted for two hours until Kae explained he had to leave. Sonu excused herself as well leaving Bing to pay the bill at the end. With Sonu and Kae gone, Kim and Vilken came over to the large table to discuss their next move. Vilken sat beside Daniel noticing the napkin filled with words. He grabbed it before Daniel can stop him and read it aloud in English. Once he was done, he put down the napkin seeing Xue on the phone she just bought earlier at a vendor.

"What are you looking for?" asked Vilken.

Xue didn't look at from her phone. "I'm just investigating Daniel's dream with the help of the internet."

Everyone waited for Xue to continue but she was concentrating on her phone. Vilken then turned to Kim. "Are you going to find out who is responsible?"

Everyone else except Xue turned their attention to Kim. Vilken quickly explained what happened in Seoul that forced Kim to come to China.

"I plan to do so," said Kim once her boyfriend finished. "I know a few friends of my brother who operate here in Shanghai. They should be able to get me the information I seek."

"I'm coming with you then." Vilken expected some resistance but he got a kiss to the cheeks instead.

"My hero." Everyone laughed making Vilken blush profusely.

"If you guys are done fooling around," Xue said once the laughter subsided, "I think I've found the next destination for me, my brother and Daniel."

Bing and Daniel turned their attention to Xue who claimed she found the whereabouts of where Daniel's dream took place. From the description, Xue said that the underground tomb was mostly likely the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor. When Daniel asked how she could be sure, she simply replied that it was her intuition and it would be wise Daniel didn't question it. Bing took his sister's side by stating that her sister hasn't been wrong yet. Thus, the group separated into two smaller group with Kim and Vilken going to a secret base while Daniel, Xue and Bing head to the mausoleum searching for reasons behind the dream.

Last edited:
Chapter 77

[Beijing, China]

(September 12, 2013)

The ambassador was tied and gagged as he sat on the bed. He stared back at his captors with sweat dripping down his face. His eyes were wide with fear and he couldn't stop shaking. He listened to his three captors who seemed to be discussing about torture methods. Suddenly, the man that followed him up the elevator turned around with a smile. He introduced himself as the Scorpion in German and told him he would ask a few questions which the ambassador would nod or shake his head. He suggested that, if the ambassador cooperated, no one had to get hurt. He pointed to a suitcase brought by one of his friends claiming it had many fun gadgets to deal with those that don't cooperate with him. He asked if the ambassador understood receiving a quick nod. The Scorpion began with some basic questions about the ambassador's birthplace, family and his job. Seeing that the ambassador was cooperating thus far, the Scorpion decided to get to the thick of things.

"Now, I understand that you work from another organization. They call themselves the Fourth Reich. Is that right?" The Scorpion saw a nod. "They are paying you handsomely for information?" He received a shake to the head. "They must be blackmailing you then?" Another nod. "Do you know much about this group." Seeing a shake, the Scorpion moved closer looking the ambassador in the eye. "Are you sure?" The ambassador nodded his head frantically as the Scorpion studied his terrified expression.

The Scorpion would have continued if there wasn't a knock on the door. He stared at Chen and Jian who reached for their weapons. Jian moved to the door so he could look through the peephole. The man standing outside didn't look like an employee of the hotel which only suggested one possibility. Jian looked to Chen receiving a nod. Jian opened the door and quickly moved up with his gun in the stomach of the man. The man was surprised by the gun shoved in his gut and tried to grab his weapon. Chen moved quickly to immobilize his hands while working with Jian to get the man inside. With careful coordination, the two men tied up the man and, following a quick search, found two pistols and a piece of paper. They sat the man beside the ambassador while the Scorpion read the paper.

"How unfortunate," he said to the ambassador. "They wanted to execute you so you won't talk." The Scorpion put the paper before the ambassador so he could read it.

When he was done, the ambassador was shaking more as he was absorbing what he just read. Meanwhile, the Scorpion took a look at the new prisoner who showed no fear. Instead, he looked angery with the intent on killing the Scorpion if given the chance.

"This one will be tougher to crack." The Scorpion said to Chen and Jian. "I think I will need to use the washroom and my suitcase of gadgets."

Chen and Jian, with some difficulty, got the prisoner to the washroom and sat him on the toilet. The Scorpion untied the ambassador telling him that he should get out of here. The ambassador was thankful and promised to help if given the chance. He exited the suite heading down the elevator. Chen saw the whole scene took place so he came over to ask the Scorpion.

"Is it wise to let him go?" he asked.

The Scorpion took out his phone which he adjusted until he got a response. Moments later, they heard several gunshots and screams.

"He's dead now. Let's prepare for another unexpected guest." The Scorpion returned his phone to his pocket and gestured Chen to support him from the rear. He would wait near the door until he heard a click. A man came in only to get hit in the gut. As he tried to get his breath back, the Scorpion delivered a blow to his neck seeing him collapse. He and Chen worked to tie him up on the bed before the Scorpion grabbed his suitcase as he entered the washroom. He told Jian to leave and said it should be quick. Jian closed the door behind him and sat beside Chen while they waited for the Scorpion to come out from the washroom.

The scorpion is cleaning up there! I hope he leaves some people alive to clean up the mess, would be a shame of the hotel otherwise :p
So, ancient Chinese mausoleum eh. Hmmmm, interesting.