• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont think such people, who would not want that feature, will exist :)

I wouldn't really want such a feature. Extra micromanagement that wouldn't really capture "important historical civilians" as Andrelvis mentioned. (Jan Hus or Nanak Dev Jee are important figures but they wouldn't really feature as anyone's advisors). For most countries you'd just end up with generic advisors.

Ministers is an 18th century concept that only become universal in the 19th century. It has no place in an EU2 game.

Ministers is an 18th century concept that only become universal in the 19th century. It has no place in an EU2 game.

Beg to disagree, Ministers were in place in the 16th century in France (from Henri III if I recall well). The system was expended under Louis XIII in the early 17 eme.

To avoid confusion, France was the big power at that time, challenged only by the habsbourg empire (HRE + Spanish empire)

On the other hand, who was minister of war of Thailand/Siam under the late Ayuthaya area???????????????

So not sure the feature is needed as it would not reflect reality (not enought for some countries as France, too much for Siam or Aceh).

I would go further than ericB. The names may have changed in several cases, but the concept of "ministers" goes back to the first City States. William the Bastard, after he became King of England, had a 'Minister of War' (called the 'Marshal') and Henry I of England a 'Minister of Finance' (the 'Chancellor of the Exchequer' - one name that hasn't changed since, except in pronunciation) by 1173, just as examples.

Indeed. And it's not only about ministers, but also about other important people of the time, for example, scholars of any of various areas of knowledge (such as astronomers, inventors, etc.) that could be financed by the State.