• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, not to every unit, because only some SS divisions had the extra training. Depending on the how 'elite' these units were, I'd suggest 40 or 60. Are you going to add other elite German units too? (Panzer Lehr, Grossdeutschland, etc.)

In my opinion, Panzer Lehr should have maximum experience from the beginning.

link is broken , please fix, i would like to try this. It sucks that DH doesent have all the elite units . SS, Brit guards, us rangers, japanese marines, russian guards , french foreign legion. thanks cant wait to try this.

for me link are ok! :confused: anyway next version is up to way(main change - eastern europe ss legions wont be formed after 1943 if Soviets already defeated and re balancing costs :happy:)

New version is up! Reworked unit costs and added more triggers :p + grammar mistakes fixed! Im planning expand this mod to other country special units too :ninja:

New version is up! Reworked unit costs and added more triggers :p + grammar mistakes fixed! Im planning expand this mod to other country special units too :ninja:
Try TRP. We already have a lot of this "elite units" included, not only Waffen SS, but soviet guard divisions, british 1st. Armoured, Bersaglieri, Legion Etrangere ...

problem in creating separate ss unit could be that ss divisions was many kinds:mountain,armor,mech,mot, etc. I think it would be strange to put them all together. And some like divisions was like militia(RONA and 36th)

problem in creating separate ss unit could be that ss divisions was many kinds:mountain,armor,mech,mot, etc. I think it would be strange to put them all together. And some like divisions was like militia(RONA and 36th)

Well, we could add new models for each of them. AFAIK, there is not model limit in DH. So, we could add new models for MOT, ARM, MTN to create different types of SS units. These models will not be unlocked by any tech so they could only be produced by events.

I did some research and discovered that Italian Bersaglieri and USA rangers war brigade sized. They where attacked to different infantry/armor divisions which already exist!

Maybe the Italian MVSN/Blackshirt militia divisions could be included, though judging from their combat record, its questionable if these units were actually "elite" at all.

I'd like to see GNR and/or Decima Flottiglia MAS, possibly also the Brigata Nere as some form of an elite militia with short training needed, high experience, inexpensive and with older weapons.

I think the Cossack division and Russian Liberation Army should cost no or very little manpower as they consisted foreigners that aren't included in DH's mobilization pool. Same for the Dirlewanger division, which was formed out of criminals. Also, its initial strength was only 4,000 men which would translate to about 35 str in DH terms. Engineers perhaps should be attached [1] .

Last edited:
Soviet guard wasn't created as division, it was more like title granted to some regular divisions for extraordinary accomplishments

Does the game allow to create a new brigade type, which cannot be build, and can only be attached to the unit by decision? "Guard" status could've been such an attachment

Does the game allow to create a new brigade type, which cannot be build, and can only be attached to the unit by decision? "Guard" status could've been such an attachment
We could just make building Guards brigades very expensive but give them balanced bonuses to reflect their veterancy