• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SBolshevik

Something Something Aŋrômainiiuš
6 Badges
May 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
A flavour mod for the Slavs in the Western Balkans.
Features:
- A formable Kingdom of Bosnia title
- A formable Kingdom of Carantania title
- A "melting pot" Bosnian culture
- A Carantanian culture
- Cultural localisation for Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and Carantanian culture
- Empires for Serbian, Bulgarian, Bosnian and Croatian cultures
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3fsn3p74o3j2my/The+Ban's+Charter+2.3.1.rar#39;s_Charter_2.3.1.rar
Changelog:
2.3:
- Updated for 2.1.1
- Added Bosnian Empire
- Added more cultural localisation in Hungary
- Added Ban honorary title for Croatia
- Split TBC files from main CKII files for easier updating
2.2.1:
- Added history for the Bulgarian Empire
2.2:
- Added Serbian Empire
- Added Bulgarian Empire
- Added Croatian Empire
- All of the above require their respective Kingdoms, being of the Empire's culture, 400 piety and 800 gold, along with completely controling 4 set duchies
2.1:
- Updated to CKII 2.0.3
- Made Serbia Slavic Pagan in 867
- Changed Vidin to Bâdin
- Changed Sofia to Sredets
2.0:
- Added Carantania
- Added Carantanian culture
- Added cultural localisation for Carantanian culture
- Bosnia now requires holding the Duchies of Bosnia and Dalmatia
- Removed dynamic Croatian duchy inclusion for Bosnia
- Croatian Dukes are now Grand Princes (as the Ban (yes, one) was usually the king's most trusted advisor)
- Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and Carantanian Counts are now Princes (Zhupans)
- Added South Slavic names for Constantinople
- Added Hungarian name for Belgrade
1.2:
- Updated to CKII 2.0
1.11:
- Fixed and added a few names to the Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian name list
- Added a few new South Slavic cultural names
- Fixed the "Kingdom of Bosnia" event trigger
1.1:
- Bosnian "melting pot" culture with events
- Forming the kingdom of Bosnia now requires holding one of the other duchies in Croatia alongside Bosnia
- Added de iure integration of a second Croatian duchy into Bosnia (you may only hold one other Croatian duchy)
- Zachlumia is Zahumlje if held by South Slavs (Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, Bulgarians)
- Added South Slavic cultural names for the Bosnian culture
- Fixed Belgrade's South Slavic name
- Serbian Dukes are now Grand Princes
- Bosnian and Croatian Dukes are now Bans
1.0:
- Enables forming the kingdom of Bosnia
- Moves Zachlumia to de iure Bosnia
- Adds an event for moving the Duchy of Bosnia to de iure Kingdom of Bosnia
Screenies:
HDFAhX5.png

DSXgiTG.png

htDtuiu.png

1waFySi.png

9G8MHm5.png

YNqdWFp.png

eTKItR1.png
Implementation in another mod: You may take this mod and kill it, stab it, even burn it, under the condition that you credit me as the mod author.

Last edited:
Nice mini-mod.

I think I'd like to integrate this sometime in the future, if you don't mind.

As a suggestion, perhaps similarly to the English melting pot, a Bosnian culture could arise if the Kingdom of Bosnia is founded? If I can integrate it I'd think of doing something like that, so if you don't feel like doing it I can provide you the code once I get around to it.

Nice mini-mod.

I think I'd like to integrate this sometime in the future, if you don't mind.

As a suggestion, perhaps similarly to the English melting pot, a Bosnian culture could arise if the Kingdom of Bosnia is founded? If I can integrate it I'd think of doing something like that, so if you don't feel like doing it I can provide you the code once I get around to it.
I was actually hoping you'd say that. :D

Take it, burn it, stab it, do whatever you want with it.

The only problem I see is making an actual Bosnian culture, since using the one on the New Cultures thread is just bad (It contains obviously Muslim/Turkish names like Emira and Dženana - for Christian Bosnians). Making a copy of the Croatian culture would be easiest.

I was actually hoping you'd say that. :D

Take it, burn it, stab it, do whatever you want with it.

The only problem I see is making an actual Bosnian culture, since using the one on the New Cultures thread is just bad (It contains obviously Muslim/Turkish names like Emira and Dženana - for Christian Bosnians). Making a copy of the Croatian culture would be easiest.

Updated with some minor new stuff!

Awesome stuff. Is the Bosnian name list you have based on your own research or is it just copypasta of Croat names and so on?

Awesome stuff. Is the Bosnian name list you have based on your own research or is it just copypasta of Croat names and so on?
A copypasta of the Croat names. I'm planning to redo the entire Serbo-Croatian subgroup's namelists, though.

Just started looking through the Serbo-Croatian name lists, and oh, OH!!!! I remembered how awful they are.
A few examples:
-Grana = branch
-Kera = female dog
-Duga = rainbow
-Namena = intention
-Majka = mother
-Luka = port/male name Lucas (it's a female name in the files, too)

Just started looking through the Serbo-Croatian name lists, and oh, OH!!!! I remembered how awful they are.
A few examples:
-Grana = branch
-Kera = female dog
-Duga = rainbow
-Namena = intention
-Majka = mother
-Luka = port/male name Lucas (it's a female name in the files, too)

I've heard some users say on other threads a while back that the Slavic names in general are pretty bad, to put it politely, including the Croats and Serbs and Russians. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any revamps of these Slavic vanilla cultures on the new cultures thread

I've heard some users say on other threads a while back that the Slavic names in general are pretty bad, to put it politely, including the Croats and Serbs and Russians. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any revamps of these Slavic vanilla cultures on the new cultures thread
Maybe I can "save the day"!
Here's some work done on the lists, mostly removing nonsensical names:
Serbian:
Code:
                male_names = {
		    Vartolomej_Bartolomeus Boleslav Borna Branimir Budimir Danilo_Daniel Djordje_George Dmitar Dobroslav Dragija Dragos Dragutin Gavrilo_Gabriel Godimir Goran
			Grgur_Gregory Ilija Ivan_John Josif_Joseph Josip_Joseph Konstantin_Constantine Krsto_Christian Lazar Ljudevit Luka_Lucas Marko_Marcus Matija_Matthew Mihailo Mihovil Milorad Milutin Miroslav_Miroslav Mislav Nenad Nikodim_Nicodemus Nikola_Nicholas
			Ninoslav Petar_Peter Porin Prvoslav Radoslav Rastko Ratomir Sinisa_Simon Slavko Slobodan Stefan_Stephen Teodosije_Theodosios Uros Vladimir_Vladimir Vladislav_Vladislav Vlastimir
			Vuk_Lupo Vukan_Lupo Vukasin_Lupo Vukoman Zoran Zvonimir
		}
		female_names = {
			Agata_Agatha Barbara Branimira Desislava Dubravka Elena_Helen Jelena Karolina Lovorka Marija_Maria Milka Neda Radica Zdenka Andjela Antonija
			Biljana Bojana Dejana Dragana Dragoslava Dusica Gordana Jabuka Jagoda Jovana Jovanka 
			Ljubica Malina Milinka Miljana Mirjana Nada
		}
Croatian:
Code:
                male_names = {
			Adam_Adam Andrija Vartolomej_Bartolomeus Bojan Boris Borna Branimir Castimir Danilo_Daniel Dmitar Dobromir Dragan Dragomir Drzislav Filip_Philip Djordje_George Grgur_Gregory
			Hranislav Ivan_John Ivanis Jitej Karlo_Charles Koloman_Koloman Kresimir Ladislav Ljudevit Ljutomisl Lovro Matej_Matthew Mihajlo Milan Mislav Mutimir Miloslav Milomir
			Nikola_Nicholas Ognjen Petar_Peter Prohor Radomir Ratimir Stanislav_Stanislav Stjepan_Stephen Teodor Tomislav Tvrdoslav Tvrtko Vid Vitomir Vuk_Lupo Vukan_Lupo Zvonimir
		}
		female_names = {
			Adrijana Ana_Anna Borislava Doroteja_Dorothy Ekaterina_Catherine Helena_Helen Jadviga_Hedwig Jovana Marija_Maria Nada Petra Viola_Yolanda Jadranka
			Antonija Dragana Dubravka Emilija_Emily Gordana Jagoda Jelena_Helena Lucija_Lucia Katarina_Catherine Marija_Maria Marijana Mirjana Natalija Nataša
			Rijeka Silvija Snjezana Sofija_Sophia Suzana_Susana Svjetlana Tatjana Tihana Valerija Vedrana Visnja Vjekoslava Zlata Zvonimira
		}

Added some South Slavic cultural names for provinces and duchies in the area - and this is beginning to look a bit more like a general South Slavic flavour mod. I haven't forgotten the original focus of Bosnia, and I'm thinking of adding a small element of what the mod is named after.

Added some South Slavic cultural names for provinces and duchies in the area - and this is beginning to look a bit more like a general South Slavic flavour mod. I haven't forgotten the original focus of Bosnia, and I'm thinking of adding a small element of what the mod is named after.
Ignore this, what I wanted to do involved modifying the map, and what I wanted to do was extremely hard unless I completely change the entire region's map, along with moving the Danube where it actually belongs.

Just in case nobody noticed, I put up a small update last night.

Great mini mod. The only thing that I dislike is the colour of the kingdom, but that's easy to fix myself I guess.
I'll take the colour from EU, and maybe give Croatia and Serbia their EU colours, too.

Here's what it looks like with EU4 colours:
iIvxdGm.png

Looks quite a lot nicer, to be honest.

Croatia's green looks too similar to Sicily's for my taste, and it kind of doesn't fit with the other reddish/pinkish colors in the Balkans, but Bosnia and Serbia look nice.

Croatia's green looks too similar to Sicily's for my taste, and it kind of doesn't fit with the other reddish/pinkish colors in the Balkans, but Bosnia and Serbia look nice.
Hmm...I'll get the old colour of Croatia back, to see if it fits nicely with the rest.
BTW, this'll be released when I get more names into the name lists; The Bosnian one is killing me, since I'm not sure how exactly to make it different from the other two. Maybe it wont be very different from the Croatian one in the end.

Nice! Looking forward to the next release.

Edit: Also I have a question. Did there exist a Slovenian culture (or most likely a predecessor of it) during the Ck2 time span? If so, are you going to add that as well?

Last edited: