• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I started a games as Germany in 1936 and I only have the 1st SS divison Adolf Hitler. Tow questions when do I get the decisions to make more? And can they get upgraded because right now it is only 1931 version.

So I started a games as Germany in 1936 and I only have the 1st SS divison Adolf Hitler. Tow questions when do I get the decisions to make more? And can they get upgraded because right now it is only 1931 version.

Yes, for example, after poland, you will get decision to upgrade your LSSAH to full motorized division. It is 1931 SS division, but it is better than 1939 regular infantry ( higher morale,org,attack,defense ), you can easily compare them. Das Reich will also appear after Poland and if you researched 1939 motorized tech.

Have you considered having a separate SS counter? Like what Fernando Torres did for his World in Flames mod. You would have to retire a type though, maybe the Garrison unit? But he had great looking (black) counters for the SS. In fact, all the Elite Units.

EDIT: it makes them stand out really well on the map.

Have you considered having a separate SS counter? Like what Fernando Torres did for his World in Flames mod. You would have to retire a type though, maybe the Garrison unit? But he had great looking (black) counters for the SS. In fact, all the Elite Units.

EDIT: it makes them stand out really well on the map.

Hi novapaddy, I don't have skills to make counters. But if you can point me out where they are available, I can include them in the next version. But problem is that, I am adding Soviet guards and Italian blackshirts as well and they won't have seperate counters.

Hi novapaddy, I don't have skills to make counters. But if you can point me out where they are available, I can include them in the next version. But problem is that, I am adding Soviet guards and Italian blackshirts as well and they won't have seperate counters.

How it works is this:

You have only 1 counter strip. It does all the different countries, the differing colour for each country, giving the counter the difference between them.
To add a counter, you have to lose a counter first.
Mostly you can drop GAR, and add Elite.
Elite would be still on the strip, just done totally differently, so it stands out from the rest.
So, for each country, the counter would be the same, say Black AND the country colour.
With the one counter being different, for all the elite units, for each country, it stands out a mile on the map, and looks great.
I'll see if I can find an example and come back to you. Cheers