• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The_Chancellor

Sergeant
77 Badges
Mar 10, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
A tiny modification that has been suggested multiple times around the forum and has already been made as part of a mod as a law by CyberSpyder.
However, this tiny mod here allows you to appoint all women at your court as chancellors, stewards and spymasters from the get go - like back in Crusader Kings 1.
It merely involves adding a handful of characters to a single file, but I know there are those who can't be bothered to tamper with modding at all... :sleep:
I've also included the .mod parameter descriptions as comments, so this can also serve as a simple template for new modders.

Unpack into mod folder and enable in starter.

[Edit:] Fixed mission events for jobs. Note that this mod won't be developed anywhere beyond this, it's destined to be the pure CK1 council without any laws or other prerequisites added.

Attachments

• CK1council.rar
    10,1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Nice. I wanted to get mine out first, hehe.

I made it so you need either Agnatic-Cognatic or True Cognatic succession to be able to put women on your council. Then, for one to be marshal, she need one of the four soldier traits.

I thought about many other ways to still make it more restricted than simply using men. For instance, restricting it to noble women, close kin or such.

Anyway, I could share how to add these restrictions if people are interested.

View attachment 47436

Here it is, extract in your Crusader Kings II/mod folder and select it in the launcher. It also allows females to have the ambition to be made steward, chancellor, marshal or spymaster.

I also added the possibility to pass True Cognatic if the holder of the title is a female with 500+ prestige (and basque culture still works with no other restriction).

View attachment 47436

Here it is, extract in your Crusader Kings II/mod folder and select it in the launcher. It also allows females to have the ambition to be made steward, chancellor, marshal or spymaster.

I also added the possibility to pass True Cognatic if the holder of the title is a female with 500+ prestige (and basque culture still works with no other restriction).

Is there perhaps a bug in this? I started a new game with this mod active, and after about 20 years I noticed that events were never firing for my female chancelor (ie fabricate claim) and spymaster (spy network).

When I mouse over them the little text pop-up doesnt even list the chances of these special events.

I restarted a new game without the mod, sent my chancelor to fabricate claim - checked the mouseover and the chance is listed as per normal. Restarted new game with the mod active sent my female to the same place same mission and once again the chance to happen is missing.

Something odd there?

Code:
# 913: The Chancellor fabricates a claim for his liege on a landed noble's title
character_event = {
	id = 913
	title = "EVTNAME913"
	desc = "EVTDESC913"
	picture = GFX_evt_council

[B]	only_men = yes[/B]
	capable_only = yes
	prisoner = no

trigger = {

Those need to be changed so it works for women too. They are in job_chancellor.txt etc in events folder.

I wasn't talking about another button, but either different effects of the same missions in the numbers (for example, a man as spymaster might be better at discovering and foiling assassination plots, while a woman might be better with paperwork plots) or differerent mission events for either sex.

Or you could avoid touching the missions at all but include special events for men and women that can occur while they are at work. The chancellor being of a different sex than the person with whom s(he) is trying to better relations with may end up with a bastard or as friends, for example.

Last edited:
Added those fixes to the basic CK1 council, which will end "development" of that one. It's the basic CK1 council with no strings attached. Since you can't edit the thread title on this forum this mod will remain as it is now.

Sry for doublepost, but there's yet another problem to alleviate with this thing. Yesterday I saw several female rulers making themselves council members with this mod. Anyone know what to do about that? "is_ruler=no" is certainly not an option, or you won't be able to be a council member on your liege's court when you're a count or duke. :(

Nice mod.

View attachment 47436

Is there an updated version of this for 1.05g? Or at least a brief list of the necessary changes? I've managed most of the rest, but I'm trying to work out exactly what changed in objectives.txt, and the diff of the one in this file with the one in 1.05g is so confusing that I'm not sure what exactly needs to be changed.

EDIT: I'm thinking it's just the objectives to gain a certain job, but just groping for clarification.

Last edited: