• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, finally got around to downloading this Iron, it's looking good :)
I'm sure you had other priorities vying for your attention :). Yes, I find that games play out better with this de jure setup. Ciccillo Rre has done some more extensive work with his mod, but I find that this gets the job done with minimal alteration to the vanilla setup. Of course I'm always open to ideas on how to improve it further.

Gotta say, looking good from what I can see.

I'm sure you had other priorities vying for your attention :). Yes, I find that games play out better with this de jure setup. Ciccillo Rre has done some more extensive work with his mod, but I find that this gets the job done with minimal alteration to the vanilla setup. Of course I'm always open to ideas on how to improve it further.

It's way better than what I could do anyway, and suits my own games tweaks nicely :D

Only thing I'd consider doing differently is moving Frisia and Bulgaria out of any de jure empires, they just don't really function well in their current ones IMO :)

You should consider making Trebizond a de jure title for shits and giggles. :p

It's way better than what I could do anyway, and suits my own games tweaks nicely :D

Only thing I'd consider doing differently is moving Frisia and Bulgaria out of any de jure empires, they just don't really function well in their current ones IMO :)
Though I honestly prefer areas with de jure gaps like missing empires, for the purposes of this mod, I'd like to maintain consistency with the unmodded game. However, perhaps moving Frisia to Francia would be better than the HRE. Francia should rarely be formed by the AI, so it wouldn't really help France blob. In fact, it would make it harder for Francia to form while preventing de jure wars with the HRE. I think I'll do that.

As for Bulgaria, I kind of like it as part of the Byzantine Empire. It was a common battleground for the empire. If they're going to expand, I'd like it to be that direction.
You should consider making Trebizond a de jure title for shits and giggles. :p
Don't get me wrong, I love Trebizond. They're one of my favorite late game starts in CK2, and they were my most memorable game in EU3. But I don't think there's any legal basis for their "empire" as they called it.

Yeah, the de jure wars can be quite annoying :)

but yes, Byzzies expanding into bulgaria isn't really a problem, I just hate that Bulgaria never tries to break free afterwards :) but it's just a matter of taste afterall :b

This mod is now compatible with the 2.2.0.8 patch. There were lots of changes to landed_titles.txt as part of the 2.2 patch; all of it has been incorporated.

Other changes include moving Frisia into Francia, putting the duchy of Aragon back in the kingdom of Aragon in 867, and eliminating the tiny, pointless kingdom of Galicia. Happy gaming!

I tried your mod... and somehow empire of tartaria has the de jure land of the whole of the map... except empire of scacndinavia, italia, and HRE... and I guess that's not your intention....

I tried your mod... and somehow empire of tartaria has the de jure land of the whole of the map... except empire of scacndinavia, italia, and HRE... and I guess that's not your intention....
Hey tarsius. Well that is interesting. Try as I might, I cannot reproduce this. I tested at various start dates using the 2.2 and 2.2.0.8 patches. Everything appeared to work fine. So some qualifying questions...

1) What version of the game are you running?
2) What start date did you choose?
3) Are you running any other mods in addition to this one?
4) Can you post a screenshot?

1. 2.2.0.8
2. 867
3. nope, checksum with mod=YWWE
4. DeJureTweak.png

Ok, I believe that I have fixed it. A single missing } caused all that mayhem. Download the new zip in the first post and let me know how it works.

I also incorporated Paradox's 2.2.0.9 changes to the Sunni and Shiite caliphates as well as the hordes.

I don't know if it's intentional, but remove the kingdom of Galicia has caused that part of the peninsula isn't within the de jure Hispania and the duchies of Galicia and Portugal are now independent in 1066 It's a bug or is intentional? :/

I don't know if it's intentional, but remove the kingdom of Galicia has caused that part of the peninsula isn't within the de jure Hispania and the duchies of Galicia and Portugal are now independent in 1066 It's a bug or is intentional? :/
Thanks for the heads up. These are oversights on my part. The fixes are easy enough, just a few lines of code to be changed. I'll include it with my update for 2.3. I aim to have that done in the next few days.

Wouldn't Thesalloniki make more sense in Greece? Thesalloniki, Epirus, Morea.
All of these kingdoms are artificial and have little historical basis for any sort of de jure status. Consequently, there are a number of different strategies you could employ, each equally valid as far as I'm concerned.

One approach would be to align them closely with the realms that emerged after the breakup of the empire. This seems to be the route you're suggesting since there was kingdoms of Thessalonica and despotate of Epirus after the Fourth Crusade, and the despotate of Morea as of 1349. I decided not to model the kingdoms after these realms because
A) They didn't have any legal basis prior to their creation (so far as I am aware)
B) When they did exist, they were more like supersized independent duchies in CK2 terms...petty kingdoms as it were
C) I'm not a huge fan of kingdoms whose name match one of their duchies

So instead, I went with more of a geographical/pre-Medieval template. There was an ancient concept of Macedonia, and the region still bears that name today. I thought it a little odd to include Constantinople in this kingdom, and so I carved out a small Byzantium realm. I'm not 100% pleased with this, but I've yet to come up with a better solution...maybe I should call it Thracia. I've also bent my rules by creating the kingdom of Nicaea, which is a Medieval concept. Perhaps I should call it Lydia or Asia.

This mod has been updated to be compatible with patch 2.3. I fixed some glitches with the removal of the kingdom of Galicia and updated landed_titles.txt to include all vanilla patch adjustments unrelated to this mod. Enjoy!

Would it be possible for me to include some of the changes from this in my mod? I really like the new de jure structure for Greece.