• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Crusader Kings Z ~ A Zombie Invasion Minimod for CK2

DOWNLOAD

New Version, remember to delete the old version or you might run in to issues!

Mod Version: 1.2
CK2 Version: 2.0.3/2.0.4

Changelog
1.2 by jordarkelf
-Zombies are bit less aggressive, giving the living a (minute!) chance to fight back
-Zombies will no longer choose to fight other zombies instead of the living
-Only independent zombies, and zombie king vassals will now start wars
-Removed all unused graphics and definitions from the mod
-Added a horrible new image (easter egg)
-Changed zombie religion icon to generic pagan heresy since nothing else uses it anyway, fits better than Christian
-Zombies no longer use Christian flags on their conquered lands, they use random COAs like African pagans do
-Added events to take care of religious head zombies
-Added event to make sure zombies don't become incapable, depressed, or infirm since they'll stay that way forever
-Added an event to try to keep the Horde combined
-Added an event to turn anyone with the zombie culture into an actual zombie
-Added an event to make all zombies part of the Abyssal faith
-Copied English localization to other languages so Germans, French, and Spanish players can somewhat use this mod.

- Zombies no longer sit around in Africa after taking their first Kingdom.
- Added a new event that will spawn a small number of troops for the Zombies each time they successfully siege a holding.
- Added a small religion modifier to Zombies to make them a little tougher (they now have defensive attrition).
- All Vassals and Courtiers of the Zombies should "zombify" pretty quick now.
- Zombies shouldn't randomly spawn in courts when using "culture = random" in events anymore.
NOTE: Zombies aren't meant to be in a playable state, if you choose to play as them you will get spammed with unlocalised maintenance events.

Description
CKZ is a small Zombie Invasion minimod created in a day (and then bugfixed for 3 or 4 :mad:) on the spur of the moment for Halloween by SaintDaveUK and Korbah. Some time after 1000 (if you're starting in 867), or any time after you start beyond 1066 Zombies will invade your world. They bring with them a deadly new plague, not to mention ravenous hordes of undead to consume medieval Europe.

Screenshots
Before Zombification - After Zombification
RQP4GzB.jpg

Zombie "Emperor"
0J8UbYp.jpg

Credits
version 1.2 ~ jordarkelf
Art ~ SaintDaveUK
Code ~ Korbah
Bug Fixing ~ Groogy
Special thanks to neondt.

Known Bugs
Hopefully none, I spent a couple of days banging my head against desk trying to figure out why this mod wasn't working and finally got it working last night. I haven't as a result had much time to play test, but from the one game I managed to play, it seemed to work. Also balance may be way way off...
I did run a few observation games and the Zombies seemed to suffer from rigor mortis every now and then; if anyone knows what's causing the issue or why I would greatly appreciate the help.

Permissions, Help and so on
This mod hasn't been updated in a very long time and has somewhat fallen by the way side. Permission is granted to anyone that wishes to update it and continue to support it to do so.

DISCLAIMER: This modification is not an official product of Paradox South or Paradox Interactive, it is not endorsed or supported by them and it does not reflect the opinions of PS, or PI in any way, shape, or form.

You may NOT post this modification to the Steam Workshop without the permission of the original authors.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Classic Paradox moment here, modders doing what the devs should've/promised :laugh:

Gonna give it a try, just to see the Walker horde and the Seljuks/Mongols/Aztecs clash in a epic battle to decide the end of the world.

It works moderatelly well on both PB+VIET and Vanilla. They are a bit... erratic though. In my observe game they went for Northern Italy and the Papacy first, and then Mali... on zombie boats, despite having spawned in Mali. If anything, they're very obstinated and wilful zombies

It works moderatelly well on both PB+VIET and Vanilla. They are a bit... erratic though. In my observe game they went for Northern Italy and the Papacy first, and then Mali... on zombie boats, despite having spawned in Mali. If anything, they're very obstinated and wilful zombies

Yeah, I'm trying to make them more sensible at the moment. :laugh:

Yeah love this, first thing I will try when I get home :happy:

Happy Halloween!

Pretty sure a joke =! a promise.

Neat mod! :wub:

Sometimes people miss the point of april 1st (especially when it's something really cool); what you guys say is taken as hard fact :p
(Although a real CKZ would've been nice :ninja:)

Yeah love this, first thing I will try when I get home :happy:

Happy Halloween!

I'll try to sort out the bugs for tonight, I think most people are at work at the moment so I (hopefully) have time. :laugh:

does this work with ck2+ cause that be gr8, other then that tried it on vanilla works fine but do they invade anywhere besides africa? :eek:

They come up through africa as that is where the pandemic starts. They're meant to move northward, and in some of my games they do but they're a bit sporadic at the moment, sometimes they go north, sometimes they suffer from a case of rigor mortis and just sit there and other times they'll invade italy... always italy, I think they like the olive oil.

Reactions:
... other times they'll invade italy... always italy, I think they like the olive oil.

Well they gotta fry all those brains with something. Better stay healthy and use olive oil instead of butter ;)

does this work with ck2+ cause that be gr8, other then that tried it on vanilla works fine but do they invade anywhere besides africa? :eek:

I don't think it's compatible out of the box but it wouldn't be too hard to make compatible with WinMerge. Most of the files make use of the modular nature of Ck2 modding, only static_modifiers, diseases and on_actions would be an issue I believe.

Well they gotta fry all those brains with something. Better stay healthy and use olive oil instead of butter ;)

This is turning very Hannibal :rofl:
hannibal.jpg

CKZ is a small Zombie Invasion minimod created in a day (and then bugfixed for 3 or 4 :mad:) on the spur of the moment for Halloween by SaintDaveUK and Korbah.

hahaha, bravo guys. I was wondering would somebody try to mod this to make good on the april fools. It looks like good fun too!

Greatness. IOU beer.