[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cybrxkhan

Going to Scarborough Fair
57 Badges
Jul 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
rUGQxtb.jpg

Current Version: 3.11.0 (Released 2/28/24, Compatible with 3.11)
CLICK HERE FOR STEAM WORKSHOP LINK
DISCORD | WEBSITE
(Direct Download also at the bottom of this Post, install to "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/Mod")

CANS is my collection of namelists I use in my games for more variety. Features:

• Thousands of new (mostly fictitious, alien) names for leaders, planets, spaceships, and fleets across 266 namelists - use them in your custom species, or see AI empires using them!
  • Over 6500+ new star names, 400+ names for black holes, 160+ asteroid prefixes and suffixes, and 550+ nebula names - now you can play your 2000+ star galaxy mods without worrying about running out of names!
  • Multiplayer and ironman compatible (I don’t think it is achievement compatible however)
  • Compatible with almost any mod!
  • Better and improved human namelists with thousands of new personal names from over 60+ countries and cultures not found in vanilla’s human namelists, such as Vietnamese, Polish, and Iranian names!
  • New namelists are being added regularly!

I will continue to regularly add new namelists when I have the chance.

Most of the namelists are made using random fantasy name generators and are NOT real names or words unless otherwise indicated. Some of them will not be used by AI Empires by default. Feel free to use them in your mods, though credit would be appreciated.

If you have a request for a namelist, please read the second post! A changelog is also provided in the third post.

SCREENSHOTS

Species creation - fantasy Japanese name examples

bp0fiLk.jpg

Halo Forerunner names

8askclm.jpg

Fantasy Vietnamese names

XBFnava.jpg

Randomly generated AI will spawn with the new namelists added in CANS
V6Qomqk.jpg

Unique unit names in many namelists for different unit types

ipkxwKh.jpg

Over thousands of new names for nebulae, stars, black holes, and more (also some examples of Fantasy Korean names as well)

YemC7a6.jpg

Nord names from the Elder Scrolls
Wmuyksm.jpg

Heirs in monarchies will spawn proper names (Nord names in example below)

9Xqqly3.jpg

More ship names (Fantasy Egyptian in this case)
OHEqCr8.jpg

Fantasy Chinese names

zNa7wtZ.jpg

Variety of names from different namelists in a mid-late game multispecies Empire
haAt3r1.jpg

Each namelist also includes ship classes, such as for the Orc (Elder Scrolls) namelist here

odlSUxa.jpg

Fantasy Byzantine namelists for those of you who have a fetish for long-ass Byzantine-sounding words

g8C4kH4.jpg

Various name examples

oExtvHh.jpg

LIST OF NAMELISTS IN CANS

Please see this webpage for a full list.

SOURCES and CREDITS

Most of these are fantasy namelists inspired by real world cultures. These were made via the random name generators from mainly two websites - donjon and http://fantasynamegenerators.com/ - which arguably have the best name generator when it comes to names that are inspired on real-world cultures. I have also used some other name generators as well.

Elder Scrolls names that were not randomly generated were taken from uesp.net.

Credits also to the following:

• @bigbantha for some of the Forerunner Planet names
  • @CT-6827 for the Portuguese namelist
  • @An Elder Thing for assistance with the Icelandic namelist
  • FLSoz on Discord for assisting with army/fleet name formatting after the 3.4 patch
  • @Ki-Koshi for the Ancient Egyptian names and the German translation
  • @Scudilo for the Warhammer, Kushan, Reptilian 7 and Moluscoid 7 namelists
  • @Solarak for Spanish translation
  • @sylcai for some of the Inca names
  • @Teutonic_Thrash for the Bactrian names
  • @qweyt for the Finnish names
  • And everyone else for your feedback, suggestions, and support - thank you all!

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• CANS 3.11.0.zip
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
REQUESTS

Feel free to make requests! However I ask that you keep two things in mind:
  1. If it is a namelist based on another fictional universe, you can point me to anywhere online where I can get a crapload of relevant names (or if you can provide it yourself). I won’t be familiar with every single fictional universe out there, and don’t want to go through the effort to research one I probably won’t care about. Credit will be given if you provide me with names of course.
  2. If the names have some sort of consistency to them that makes sense. This is YMMV of course but for a number of fantasy/sci-fi franchises, I don't find this to be the case, so for instance if you have a name of Lupamota, Schwarzenpeizen, and Alfrashkapoor in the same culture, it's probably not consistent.
  3. I won’t be able to get through every request everyone makes most likely. This is still essentially a personal mod at the end of the day that I’m sharing with the public. I add namelists at my own personal whim.

Last edited:
Reactions:
OLD VERSIONS

Version 1.7.0 for Patch 1.9/Pre-Cherryh

Attachments

• CANS 1.7.0.rar
    1,8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I've been thinking about building something like this and currently have a few namelists in the works (Arthurian, Prussian/German, Ancient Chinese, Angelic, Suikoden, Final Fantasy and a few comedic ones). Are you open to contributions from others? I'd be happy to contribute my lists to the collection if you deem them worthy :)

Going to add this to my list for DLing after I finish my current game. Playing ironman and trying to get some of the achievements before I become dependent on mods. I've been finding that I like going with Roman type names for my current human game, this will make life easier.

Thanks all for the kind comments. And nice to see some old faces again.

Glad to see you Cybr! Got any names based on the Gundam series?

I'm not super familiar with the Gundam series. I can do it if 1) you can point me to anywhere online I can get a crapload of names (or if you can provide it yourself), and 2) if the names have some sort of consistency to them that makes sense.

Great job. Suggestion- To be more thematic use 'Space' instead of 'Fantasy'.

64477115.jpg

Good idea, I'll change the localisation to that.

Nice to see you modding again! Have you also got a fantasy Persian list in the works?

For the first release, no (the closest would be Sumerian or Egyptian), I've already decided on which 10 or 11 or whatever I'll be adding in (mainly because it takes more time than expected). However Persian is one of the ones on my top to-do list.

I might even add in some of my old CKII namelists for more obscure cultures in, such as the Sogdian and Tocharian namelists. Actually, I should do that, that sounds orgasmic.

I've been thinking about building something like this and currently have a few namelists in the works (Arthurian, Prussian/German, Ancient Chinese, Angelic, Suikoden, Final Fantasy and a few comedic ones). Are you open to contributions from others? I'd be happy to contribute my lists to the collection if you deem them worthy :)

Sure, I can take contributions or requests as long as 1) you can point me to anywhere online I can get a crapload of names (or if you can provide it yourself), and 2) if the names have some sort of consistency to them that makes sense (this is YMMV of course but for a number of fantasy/sci-fi franchies I don't find this to be the case, but for instance if you have a name of Lupamota, Schwarzenpeizen, and Alfrashkapoor in the same culture, it's probably not consistent).

Also since this is mainly just a personal mod for the lulz I can't guarantee I'll add them right away (so far for the first release I have planned my 10-11 set).

Currently I already have a Chinese and German set of names in my build, but whatever.

Reactions:
Sure, I can take contributions or requests as long as 1) you can point me to anywhere online I can get a crapload of names (or if you can provide it yourself), and 2) if the names have some sort of consistency to them that makes sense (this is YMMV of course but for a number of fantasy/sci-fi franchies I don't find this to be the case, but for instance if you have a name of Lupamota, Schwarzenpeizen, and Alfrashkapoor in the same culture, it's probably not consistent).

Also since this is mainly just a personal mod for the lulz I can't guarantee I'll add them right away (so far for the first release I have planned my 10-11 set).

Currently I already have a Chinese and German set of names in my build, but whatever.

I just mostly figured that as a mod user I'd rather have one huge collection than many small ones, and since you're light years ahead of me figured that I could pitch in, maybe :)

As for German/Chinese - I think it's more about distinction. While my lists are a bit more specific (my German list is more for Space Prussia, focused on noble names and archaic ones, while my Chinese list is more about ancient/medieval common names, i.e. one-syllable given names) I can still publish the redundant ones separately, but I'd be happy to hand the more unique ones to you :)

More preview screenshots - it took me a while but I figured out how to make it so AI Empires can use the new namelists.

Space Roman Cats

T5OBOKF.jpg

Space Inca Parrots

4sfL0QA.jpg

I just mostly figured that as a mod user I'd rather have one huge collection than many small ones, and since you're light years ahead of me figured that I could pitch in, maybe :)

As for German/Chinese - I think it's more about distinction. While my lists are a bit more specific (my German list is more for Space Prussia, focused on noble names and archaic ones, while my Chinese list is more about ancient/medieval common names, i.e. one-syllable given names) I can still publish the redundant ones separately, but I'd be happy to hand the more unique ones to you :)

Sounds good, feel free to give me any lists you got, as said probably won't get to them soon but hopefully in the future. Personally I would make handcrafted ones myself as well, but right now I'm just using the random generators so I can mass produce a bunch of names at once. Once I got some I'll probably go back to having some more handcrafted ones as well.

Good to see you up and modding again! I was already thinking of porting over some CK2 namelists for myself, so it's nice to see someone else have the same idea.

And it's the old VIETeran! I'm probably going to hopefully just stick with smaller mini-mods this time around. Unless if my planned Xwedodah mod gets out of hand. ;)

The idea of space Sogdians/Tocharians does sound appealing...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great job. Suggestion- To be more thematic use 'Space' instead of 'Fantasy'.

Oh whoops for some reason when I replied earlier I didn't notice my pic said "give this man a slap". Here's he proper one with a cookie:

url.png

Any chance for a History Nordic and a Skyrim Nordic one as well?

Plans for a Byz namelist? I'm thinking about porting over the Byz names from EU4.