Mini-game: Let's try and figure out who's on the boxart!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DPKdebator

Major
24 Badges
Jun 9, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello fellow peoples,
I originally planned to ask this as a question, but then I figured it would be fun for all of us to try and figure out who is on the boxart! :cool::cool::cool::cool::happy::blink:

I think the guy on the left is Stalin. (no idea for the rest)

View the boxart (wow it actually works, got this from Wikipedia)
Hearts_of_Iron_IV_packshot.jpg

A lot of people on this site are history buffs. I would have been surprised if the first response wasn't correct. It is correct.

TBH I only recognized MacArthur and Rommel.

I think they should only have the Americans and Germans on the box art, considering the Soviet Union and UK did absolutely nothing during World War II except drink tea and vodka!
------------------------
How's that for historical buffs?

Crosby, Stills, Nash and...Young?

Lennon was easily identifiable from the aviator shades. McCartney I get from the goggles. The other two I'm not sure about: given his wireyness the guy on the left has to be George Harrison, Ringo seems to have put on a bit of weight though.

Where exactly the Fab Four fit in with the whole HOI ethos, though, is a whole other story. I fear for the future of this game series, I really do, especially if Yoko Ono gets involved . . .

Everyone is wrong so far. It's Churchill, Hitler, FDR, and Stalin. These are the 4 playable characters who you can choose on your quest to find out who stole Christmas. Are YOU are bad enough dude to save Santa?

Last edited:
Everyone is wrong so far. It's Churchill, Hitler, FDR, and Stalin. These are the 4 playable characters who can choose on your quest to find out who stole Christmas. Are YOU are bad enough dude to save Santa?
No... :'(

Everyone is wrong so far. It's Churchill, Hitler, FDR, and Stalin. These are the 4 playable characters who can choose on your quest to find out who stole Christmas. Are YOU are bad enough dude to save Santa?
Isn't KISS who always save Christmas?

(at least in Family Guy...)

Have you played LotR of the Rings online? You kinda follow after the Fellowship and clean up their messes/deal with the aftermath there. HoI4 will be like that as you, as Stalin, follow after KISS and help save Christmas. Except we'll have more Orcs.

They're the most famous generals from their respective countries during this era. You'd not really have to be a history buff to know about that, but yeah. :p