• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

    The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.


  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

    The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.


    Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

    Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!


LWE

Lt. General
50 Badges
Jul 10, 2015
1.262
1.377
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
So, inspired by discussions from this thread, I've decided to play a game with end date of 2325... it was a blast, although it didn't quite go as planned. Glavius Admiral difficulty. Here's a mini-AAR of the run.

One of the most memorable events for my Assembly of Clans Fire Tribes horses was finding the Nivlac.

1.jpg


Another memorable event was finding the last surviving member of a species' sad message :(

2.jpg


Subterranean Mect-Pux refugees became valuable members of our nation (I've managed to catch the Subterranean Civilization project before it is removed from the list by a bug).

3.jpg


The friendly Glebsig Foundation nearby was eliminated by the one-eyed avian Cynur Decimators.

4.jpg


It was a matter of time before they came for us, too. Thankfully, we had Marauder mercenaries to help is repeal the initial onslaught.

5.jpg


The Maradeur fleets constituted half of our forces. It was largely due to them we achieved vital victories over the Decimators.

6.jpg

7.jpg


Soon afterwards, they left to serve their Khan. But Decimator fleets were already weakened. After a tense struggle, the war ended in roughly status quo, with the Fire Tribes managing to capture a couple of low-populated planets, but with the Decimators keeping control of some captured systems (I had to sign a peace treaty of mutual 100% war exhaustion after they rebuilt their fleets).

8.jpg


After a Center of Learning was founded on one of our planets, we rededicated it to Research Labs.

9.jpg


The Khan, before dying, has almost eliminated the genocidal machine empire, and marginalized another one. The Cynur Decimators' fleet was also damaged by their fights with the Khanate. It was time to strike.

10.jpg

11.jpg


It was quite easy. The weakened Cynur fleet could offer only token resistance.

12.jpg

13.jpg


Only in 2309 I started to build Habitats. This Habitat was dedicated to Leisure (a lot of Holo-Theaters across my Warrior Culture nation were busy producing Duelist Unity and Naval Capacity). Most of my alloys, however, were dedicated to preparing for the Crisis.

14.jpg


The Xeno Tolerance movement, led by a Nivlac Clan Speaker, was the most prominent faction in the Fire Tribes.

15.jpg


In 2314, we researched the Jump Drive...

16.jpg


Unfortunately, this was not enough to trigger the Crisis. We lost to the Fallen Empire. I still had quite a lot of fun, with maybe 10 boring years.

17.jpg


According to my calculations using the Stellaris wiki page on crises, there was about 58% chance for the Prethoryn to fire, and 16% chance for the Unbidden to appear. So there was a 26% chance of this outcome. I''l certainly play like this in the future, keeping in mind to rush Jump Drive and Synthetics!

I set the tech speed to 0.75x. Could've set it to 0.5x, I guess, especially since I have the mod that expands endgame repeatables.

My Capital near the end. Yes, the governor is Cynur - they were the demographically dominant species in my nation after I eliminated their Blood Court government (the starting horsey species was the third, after the Nivlac). I had to build Enforcer buildings to counter the crime for a Peaceful Trader Criminal megacorp to the south of my starting position.

cp.jpg
 
Last edited:

Mikhail_Mengsk

Major
27 Badges
Nov 10, 2016
622
119
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Interesting, i will probably try a fast playthrough myself...

I set the tech speed to 0.75x. Could've set it to 0.5x, I guess, especially since I have the mod that expands endgame repeatables.

Wait, why? I thought with such an early endgame date you would have to set tech speed ABOVE 1.0.

What were your other settings?
 

LWE

Lt. General
50 Badges
Jul 10, 2015
1.262
1.377
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
Ah, I meant that techs now cost 0.75x of standard value - the parameter refers to cost, not “speed” as such.

Small galaxy, 8 AIs, 2 Marauders, one FE. 1 guaranteed habitable world, 2 AI advanced starts. 0.25x Crisis strength.

Playing without a FE would be more relaxed, since you no longer would have to worry about having to compensate for the score difference with crisis ships. I guess you could also set your goal to be the second in score at the end.

My first attempt at doing this, btw, ended up with an elimination in 2280’ies, by an alliance of a regular Machine Empire and Hegemonic Imperialists on the other side.
 
Last edited:

stnylan

Compulsive CommentatAAR
123 Badges
Aug 1, 2002
36.964
3.620
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Nice little run.
 

LWE

Lt. General
50 Badges
Jul 10, 2015
1.262
1.377
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
Indeed! Oh, and I set AI Aggressiveness to High, for an AI that at least can be a strategic nuisance. Although I'd have lost this first Decimator war if not for the Marauder mercenaries.

After a quick test, I like 0.5 tech cost better.
 
Last edited:

Mikhail_Mengsk

Major
27 Badges
Nov 10, 2016
622
119
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Looks like this must have been a fascinating, fast-paced thrill ride. I might have to try something like this myself, since I rarely play a game out to completion myself...

Same. Around 2300-2350 I get bored because I usually have snowballed or I'm locked in some kind of stalemate, and the endgame is still too far away. Never tried this kind of "speedrun", but now i'm looking forward to it.