• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jscaco

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Jan 3, 2020
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Im playing Ming for the first time. I went to war with Oirat with a force tributaty CB.

1. What will happen to their subject Mongolia when I make them a tributary?

2. I have enough splendor to buy the "transfer subject" age ability. Is it reasonable to be able to pick up Mongolia this way, or does it start out too heavily developed to take in one war?

1. Thanks.

2. Because I havent played in the region before and am trying new things? I also have never taken transfer subject before, this was a possibility that occured to me after the war started. I have no problem vassalizing Mongolia and leaving Oirat for later (or even just taking cash and releasing nations) but I am not sure if it is possible to take all of Mongolia in one war with transfer subject and would like to know if it is before I spend the splendor.

but I am not sure if it is possible to take all of Mongolia in one war with transfer subject and would like to know if it is before I spend the splendor.

click on one province of Mongolia. Middle bottom you will have an icon with a %. for exemple 7% is the cost for that one province, if you over the mouse on that icon you will have the total warscore required for Mongolia. Take that % and divide it by 2. Still over 100% ? not possible.

A good exemple is in Europe with Denmark. If you want to transfert Sweden it's 220%. With age bonus it goes down to 110%, still impossible. You need the -20% warscore from diplomatic idea to be able to steal Sweden.

Please take note that you need to occupy the vassal capital to have the option in the peace treaty.

Reactions:
Perfect! Just barely enough. I don't know if this is the best way to play Ming, but its nice to have a traditional vassal in addition to all these tributaries, especially being perpetually up against the GC limit. And I can still use Oirat as a punching bag.

I think with Ming you can TC some of your own land from the start. Put the crappy land south and west, it will free up GC and maybe you can squeeze a merchant out of it. Check the subcontinant mapmode to make sure.

Please take note that you need to occupy the vassal capital to have the option in the peace treaty.
Not for the age bonus. You just have to have the target subject's capital not occupied by another nation or rebels.