• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Der Kunstler

First Lieutenant
51 Badges
Oct 9, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
I noticed that as Germany, after taking military control if Italy, the ships won't obey my orders right. Like if I order some transports to drop troops off in Africa, it will do the red line thing and acknowledge the order, then if I would go of and do something else - then come back, they might not be dropped off - they might be steaming off somewhere else. I lost 8 Italian divisions that way because hey kept fiddling around not dropping them off until the British fleets showed up.

Upvote 0
The problem is, that military control does NOT turn off the AI 100%. It should never be off, but it also should not give orders to naval and air forces anymore, what it does right now.
There was a poll on the forum, where most people voted for a far less active AI, but Paradox has made no change on that point up till now.

A related problem is the fact, that you get no battle messages from controlled countries.

yea known bug - its at times very risky to military control another country as you dont get popups when they are attacked. I once walked over the whole of Romania (germanys military ctrl) and puppeted them before the german player noticed :D

F

The best way to deal with naval- and airforces under Military control is to give them standing orders (after saving and reloading). The Italian naval airunits f.i. constantly wander to the eastern front. If you move them to Sicily and order them to autobomb the sealanes around it, they will stay there. Fighters can be given an Intercept order.

Ships under Military control should either have an order to move somewhere or be in port, when they are at sea without an order the AI will kick in. Always leave one ship in a homeport, if possible the capital, and new units will be assigned to this flotilla. Newly built or repaired ships will start to wander around if you don't. This also works for troops and aircraft.

If you use them this way, even the Italian Navy and Airforce can be quite usefull:) .

Yeah thanks for the comments - the way I deal with not getting notices is build a cheap German militia unit and put it in every Italian key point so I get a notice if they are attacked. I still don't know what to do about dropping Italians off from the sea though, other than constantly watching to make sure it gets done. Another thing that seems like a bug is: why does it take only a few hours to load troops on sea transports, then up to five days to unload them? THere's nothing more vulnerable than all your transports just sitting there for days not moving. Why don't those guys get off the boats faster??

Getting entire divisions ashore takes a lot of time. On D Day they basically just unloaded inf, engineers, and medical teams and little else. All the arty, signals, cooks, clerks, etc. came in much later.

If you are unloading on an enemy beach that would slow things up even more. When you are loading you are in friendly territory, but when unloading you are in enemy territory. So the way that the game handles this is not unreasonable.

An observation I made in taking Military control of allies, is that the Major Players/the countries that are in the list when starting the scenario, seem to have more mind of their own then minor countries. Is this just my mind playing tricks on me, or can it be that majors are more active by coding?

Cyril Hoogeboom said:
An observation I made in taking Military control of allies, is that the Major Players/the countries that are in the list when starting the scenario, seem to have more mind of their own then minor countries. Is this just my mind playing tricks on me, or can it be that majors are more active by coding?

I guess since a major say germany has a bigger role than a minor say sweden

Thats my oppinion