Mind your business! We're happy to announce our next major expansion, Cities: Skylines - Industries

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So let me guess why the ugly district texture bug on his 81 tiles mod isn't still fixed.....speaking of which remains as of now.

Because it doesn't do anything and he has better things to do than try and get rid of it. To fix the issue with 81 tiles and the new park areas increase in land value he had to go through the entire code for the mod, which took something like a full day if I remember correctly. He spends a TON of time updating all his mods for the DLCs and takes over abandoned mods so we can keep enjoying our game. Maybe try being a little bit appreciative about the effort modders put into the game instead of just complain about a minor thing like that, which does NOTHING and you can basically get rid of yourself in less than 5 min. But hey, if that isn't good enough for you, why don't you just learn modding and fix it yourself? Man, I can't blame modders for quitting with the attitude they get from some people... :rolleyes:

Since the toll booths will be on the free update, I'll would like to get a pass from buying this DLC like with Parklife, so the only thing left for me after release is the Workshop, since there is only little performance change from 1.9.3 to 1.10.0 without Parklife DLC according to benchmark tests.

Because it doesn't do anything and he has better things to do than try and get rid of it. To fix the issue with 81 tiles and the new park areas increase in land value he had to go through the entire code for the mod, which took something like a full day if I remember correctly. He spends a TON of time updating all his mods for the DLCs and takes over abandoned mods so we can keep enjoying our game. Maybe try being a little bit appreciative about the effort modders put into the game instead of just complain about a minor thing like that, which does NOTHING and you can basically get rid of yourself in less than 5 min. But hey, if that isn't good enough for you, why don't you just learn modding and fix it yourself? Man, I can't blame modders for quitting with the attitude they get from some people... :rolleyes:
Well that was helpful. *reads it while looking at his zero funds for CPU upgrade*

Well looks like my comment keeps getting disagrees, if this DLC is released by October 23, don't even try to create threads listing all of broken mods or people asking "why CPU and RAM usage increased since the update?", I'm just telling the truth here seeing the list of broken mods for Parklife is still pinned in Steam Discussions.

Oh good. Will the terrible design decision to have non renewable resources run out in 10 minutes finally be fixed?

Maybe they did. We don't yet know what is in the patch that will accompany the DLC.

They have mods for that you know
Mods shouldn't be the ones to fix bugs

This expansion looks nice, but the post-office/mail delivery seems more cosmetic than an actual game changer. Otherwise, I think that overhauling industries will solve a lot of complaints fans have had with the game, as well as making things more interesting :D

I have been looking forward to this DLC for a while. I appreciated that the game has focused on being green and eco-friendly, but there's no denying that Industry is also critically important to running a successful, in particular shipping and management of cargo. I have big plans for my region now, with a centralized service center, with surrounding Industrial Burroughs focused on different industries.

I get the stress this will put on mods and the game overall--I will be playing this on an old mac, so trust me I get it--however, I still think it is the case that a majority of players do not use many or any mods; and overall, the DLC have made the base game more accessible without the need for additional mods.

As for the complaint about more and more DLC, and that these things should have been in the base game. The base game by itself is enough to get bye on still, the DLC are exactly what DLC are meant to be: they add to the overall game re-playability. And let's not forget when the game launched they were practically new players in the city sim department, Sim City was still the big kid on the block, and I doubt they could have secured the investment to release the game we have now, with all of the DLC content, at the price point they did at launch.

I agree with Colby's post above, but the only big downside when a DLC is released is the CPU and RAM usage it'll eat, when the game was launched in March 2015, it only eats 2GB RAM. Now by 2018 it eats 8GB already with all DLCs enabled, plus Workshop content making it worse. The game is already unplayable in its posted minimum specs on the Store, even an i3 CPU [above the minimum Core 2 Duo] is very struggling to run this game (as I use an i3-2120 CPU), while the game now requires an i7 CPU to run the simulation smoothly.

Just send me the billing address already.