• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain
54 Badges
Jan 26, 2004
  • Magicka 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Ancient Space
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
I was playing Austrlalia and attacked 5 Italian Militia Division whit my tank division and the Militia had Zero! Hard! Attack! and the damaged! my only tank division How the @#€¤$%! did they do that? :mad:

Upvote 0
0 Hard Attack should mean no damage at all though regardless of modifiers since it represents the number of attacks that will be made unless there is some minimum of 1 attack for a stack. Could it have been an air attack you didn't notice or attrition from having too many units for the infrastructure?

Lord Warchaser said:
Don't militia units have 1 hard attack?
They have a base of 0 but there are a few infantry techs that can add some.

Are you fighting in a coastal province? Perhaps you are shorebombarded.

IIRC, the shore bombardment icon only shows up if Battleships are present, although CAs and even DD(?) also have shore bmbardment values.

Scaith said:
You should check the modifiers during (or better before) an attack. If your tanks are out of supply they are easy to kill. Don't cross rivers to attack and don't use them in mountains or swamps. Organization should be checked too.
It is a bit more complicated than you are perhaps used to by Civilization etc. ;)

It was plains the province was venice and i was in supply i attacked from yugoslavia.

jdrou said:
0 Hard Attack should mean no damage at all though regardless of modifiers since it represents the number of attacks that will be made unless there is some minimum of 1 attack for a stack. Could it have been an air attack you didn't notice or attrition from having too many units for the infrastructure?

It's venice so it can't be that and it was one tank division lead by a major general so it can't be that.There where no air cus britain where constantly flying in bombers and things to there battle in the province next and i never saw any Italian aircrafts flying in to there cus i was constantly watchin the battle area.

Long Lance said:
Are you fighting in a coastal province? Perhaps you are shorebombarded.

IIRC, the shore bombardment icon only shows up if Battleships are present, although CAs and even DD(?) also have shore bmbardment values.

Can't be i never saw the icon and i had my fleet there in case of emergency. Say i get busted by reinforcement's (which never came actually) or i chose to retreat and the Nazis declair war on Yugoslavia and i have to get out of there.

IIRC increments of SA HA and GD are not necessarily in steps of 1 ...
Maybe the HA-value was something like 0.2 ....
I remember from CORE (sorry, but same principles should apply to vanilla HOI) that some techs add fractional GD and HA bonuses and you can't see them on the stats-page ...

However on what I know of the combat-mechanics (you know, how many "attacks" a unit can make etc.) fractional HA wouldn't matter much unless a 0.6 is shown as 0 and counted as 1 ... maybe I'm writing rubbish

AFAIK, shore bombardments only reduce combat-efficiency and don't really deal damage

What was your and the enemy's attack/defense efficiency ? Might be a stupid question, but what about logistics penalty ?

Last edited:
What was your and the enemy's attack/defense efficiency ? Might be a stupid question said:
Good one they where supplied from Sofia i don't really remeber musch i think it was high for both of us.

Militia have a hard attack of 3 in my current Germany game. Ital militia would probably be at least +1 HA with a level 4 inf tech (magnetic mine). Tube rocket level 4 and level 7 mines also add +1 HA for militia.

You could open a saved game, find tag = ITA section, and see what the HA values for Ital militia are. Or you could start a game as Italy and then load your saved game and see what HA the Italian militia have.

Another factor could be a storm which gives a -40 penalty.

The logistical distance penalty for Italy and Australia in Venice would be massively different. Australia can only draw from the nearest Allied OWNED province. You should try to capture info about a battle with a saved game when the battle goes against you or with an F11 screenshot that shows the combat modifiers.

The logistical distance penalty for Italy and Australia in Venice would be massively different. Australia can only draw from the nearest Allied OWNED province. You should try to capture info about a battle with a saved game when the battle goes against you or with an F11 screenshot that shows the combat modifiers.[/QUOTE said:
Look above supplied from Sofia wich i owned i qunquered it myself.Also i looked at it hard atk and it was zero it wasn't storm