• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 31, 2010
I got HOI1 when it published, but I just never got around to grasping it. Finally loading it up - great stuff!

So, I dont quite get it?

- Do military units consume oil & supply when they are just standing still? (not moving or doing combat)

- If I send units to "strategic reserve", do they consume supply/oil then?

IIRC they consume no oil and some supply, more if they are moving/fighting. And in HoI 1 there is no comsumption while in the strategic reserve.

(All answers are from memory and may be flawed - one of the other remaining active players might be by with a better answer in a while)

IIRC they consume no oil and some supply, more if they are moving/fighting. And in HoI 1 there is no comsumption while in the strategic reserve.

(All answers are from memory and may be flawed - one of the other remaining active players might be by with a better answer in a while)

IMO you are correct.There is no consumtion while in the strategic reserve

Oil costs go up if you are moving but are lower if not.But Supply costs stay the same static i think and are a constant drain.
Here's a couple of pics to help...

Hover your cursor over the unit oil icon(if it uses oil) to see oil costs...
oilconsume.png

Click on your unit icon to see the supply cost....
supplyconsume.png

Dr