Military Experience in Cicero

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you seriously believe this to be true?

Yes, take a look at EU4 history, we would likely not be having this conversation if monarch power was not a thing.
The Joke was that the monarch was some kind of wizard solely responsible for the advancement and development of his nation, well among other things like the fact that it was stored and flexible allowing for him quickly change what he was doing into something completely different (like a wizard) which damaged strategy and planing. (Also yeah the finite of monarch power was also thing a thing despite it being used for things which should not be controlled by finite resource flow.)

Edit: Although the storing of resources like these ready to be sprung into action (which makes little sense) might also be part of it which may be your issue here.
Other paradox games have come up with solutions for this problem without sacrificing potential unfair wastage due to being busy with something else. Examples being HO4 and stellaris, Hopefully they might find a way of remedying this potential issue like the ways previously given in this thread.

Last edited:
Yes, take a look at EU4 history, we would like not be having this conversation if monarch power was not a thing.
The Joke was that the monarch was some kind of wizard solely responsible for the advancement and development of his nation, well among other things like the fact that it was stored and flexible allowing for him quickly change what he was doing into something completely different (like a wizard) which damaged strategy and planing. (Also yeah the finite of monarch power was also thing a thing despite it being used for things which should not be controlled by finite resource flow.)

Edit: Although the storing of resources like these which make no sense ready to be sprung into action might also be part of it which may be your issue here.
Other paradox games have come up with solutions for this problem without sacrificing potential unfair wastage due to being busy with something else. Examples being HO4 and stellaris, Hopefully they might find a way of remedying this potential issue like the ways previously given in this thread.

So before August 13, 2013 mana wasn't used as a term for an abstract currency in a game?

So before August 13, 2013 mana wasn't used as a term for an abstract currency in a game?
Not in a grand strategy game, no.

Aaaaargh! Seriously people.

I refer you back to my previous rant on why "mana" is such a pointless term to use on this forum.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rience-in-cicero.1196882/page-3#post-25610522

On this forum mana means "Everything I personally dislike about the implementation of currency in a PDS game".

So people spend all their time arguing PAST each other because they are talking about totally different things.

The previous two whole pages are exactly that. People trying to convince other people they are "wrong" about mana... without understanding that they just have different definition of the term.

Seriously... just use game terms and explain what you do and don't like about them... then people will understand what you are actually saying and you won't get upset when they fail to guess your preconceptions.

Aaaaargh! Seriously people.

I refer you back to my previous rant on why "mana" is such a pointless term to use on this forum.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rience-in-cicero.1196882/page-3#post-25610522

On this forum mana means "Everything I personally dislike about the implementation of currency in a PDS game".

So people spend all their time arguing PAST each other because they are talking about totally different things.

The previous two whole pages are exactly that. People trying to convince other people they are "wrong" about mana... without understanding that they just have different definition of the term.

Seriously... just use game terms and explain what you do and don't like about them... then people will understand what you are actually saying and you won't get upset when they fail to guess your preconceptions.

Hay there is nothing wrong with trying to define a slang term its how they become real terms after all. Although yeah its unlikely to impact on what people want from a game they really ought to use TRUE GAMER Language rather than a term used on the paradox forums as a joke on how bizarre the mechanics were.

In other words the definition of mana mostly irrelevant, try to explain what you believe to be good and bad in a game in other terms which have a clear definition. Instead of using a wild card term that lets you change what it means after its been used.

I don't know, when someone open the Dev diary page wiki wants to be able to look at them in chronological order. If I create a separate section this won't be possible.
Well I didn't really meant new section. I thought about putting them links together with DDs in chronological order but instead of naming it 'Developer Diary 69: Whatnot' you could go for 'I:R 1.2 Cicero Feature Preview: Military Experience' so it's chronological, clearly tells what is the feature and which build it was supposed to get into.