• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just caught up on reading this after Emperor_krk's post in the Kara Koyunlu SG, and I must say I'd really like for you guys to find a way to finish this. It was an excellent idea and had a good start to it. Maybe if you can't bring the same players back together see if you can recruit somebody new. I think I would even be willing to try a late-game turn.

Shaybani's Latest Vision:

With all being well in the realm of the horsefolk the peace loving farmers of Nogai, or what remained of them, peacefully agreed to become part of the rising Khanate.

Just super.
Now around this point Shaybani realised that he hadn't really been a particularly good muslim, what with the annexation of many of his brothers, the thousands upon thousands of dead he had left on the plains of central asia, the rather explicit fantasies he had been having about his horse etc etc

So he decided to seek Allahs forgiveness by crushing the heretical Shi'ites wherever they could be found. In this case Persia seemed to be an obvious choice, being right next to his domain and all.

And so, armed with total and utter belief in their faith, the maruading hordes were soon dining in Isafhan itself under Shaybani and his lieuntants.

Peace was soon signed, and despite being territorially inconsquential it was of tremedous significance, the Shah formally denounced his religion and converted to the true faith, ie the faith of his conquerers.

Such a religious coup gave the Khan of Khans the prestige needed to successfully vassalise the rump hordes of the Khazak and the Chagatai without even a major war.

Emboldened by this success Shaybani decided to continue his religion cleansing, and assisted by his client states he attacked the decadent and corrupt Mameluks

Unfortunately this spiritual enlightenment was misconstrued as poorly veiled territorial expansion by some of Shaybani's foolish neigbours. Primarily Persia, again, and the Mughals, commanded by this fella...

And diplomatically speaking...

Not too good

Discard the PM I've just sent you, Dr. Bob :).
Too much BB is never good, isn't it? :D
If I see well, there's 5 years more before you. Please, upload the savegame onto e.g. www.savefile.com and either post it here or PM it to me. It seems the Military Campaigns Vol.2 may get another life quite soon :cool:.

Well despite the sense of impending doom I tried to convey at the end of the last post things did not turn out too badly at all. Baburs mighty host gradually attritioned away in the deserts of Samarkland and on the lances of the Uzbeki cavalry and the Mameluks had had their back broken, help had come too late.

As their Caliph crumbled to Shaybani's demands the man himself had raced across the continent to meet up with a newly recruited army and crush the reputed military genius who commanded his enemies's armies.

His reputation however seemed to have been grossly exaggerated as this foolish Babur stood and fought to the last whilst outnumbered over 7 to 1 and could produce no miracle to save himself.

And indeed, no miracle to save his country and his fledgling dynasty, the annihilation of their terrifying army left them all but defenceless before Shaybani's siege corps, and soon the mountain kingdom was forced to bow before the Khan of Khans.

Leaving just Persia arrayed against him. The war was short but bloody as the moutain defences of the Persians were actually manned during this war. Nonetheless defeat could only be held off for so long and soon Persia felt the hooves of the Uzbeki cavalry pressed into their backs.

And so with Islam united again and the Uzbeks unquestioned leaders of the Steppes, indeed of the entire Islamic World Shaybani could pass into the afterlife with a smile on his face and a hop in his step.

57548299hz1.jpg

Last edited:
Yay, a Shiite Ottoman Empire! :D

I like this style, definitely. Very similar to Capt. Janszoon's, but still very nice :). Destroy the Karamani utterly! Break the peace! :cool:

Dr Bob said:
Undoing all my good work to wipe out those nasty heretics, Shaybani is turning in his grave :( :D

:D
I wish I had thought of that when I wrote the report - Selim got his revenge on Shaybani by making the ultimate sacrifice, that is, going Shiite. ;)

Emperor_krk said:
Yay, a Shiite Ottoman Empire! :D

I like this style, definitely. Very similar to Capt. Janszoon's, but still very nice :). Destroy the Karamani utterly! Break the peace! :cool:

Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty obvious where I got the inspiration. :eek:o
And was it so obvious that Selim's next target was Karaman once again? ;)

Update coming up!

30865261ta8.jpg

20707703yh3.jpg

Well, that was some intensive years. Selim was only around for some 12 years, so I had to make good use of them. Going Shiite, was, well, perhaps not a very logical move, but since no one will play as the Ottomans for the rest of this game, I thought it would be interesting to see how they will handle it. :) Could you post some screenshots once in a while over Turkey (and other regions too, for that matter :)), Emperor_krk?

The save: http://www.savefile.com/files/1371294

Shayabani and Yavuz's reigns were both great!

Really liked the humour :) , nice end to Shaybani.

and yes, Olav's format was of course, brilliant! :D, especially liked the conversion part.

tech 2 in 1520 sounds challenging :D

Very well :). Not much conquering, but taking into account your low techs, low treasury, and short lifespan of Selim, you did well :). Loved the humour as much as the others :D.

Am I to assume the leadership in this project, Capt. (Bringer of War)? Or are you coming back? In fact, I'd rather leave it to you, as today is the last day of my winter holidays, and I won't have much time left for this... :(

We're still waiting for volunteers to take the lead of Yuri Radivil! :)

You chose to go Shiite with Ottomans?! I think you've been spending a little too much time in our Safavid SG. :D
Not bad picking up seven provinces in such a short time. Future prospects for the Ottos may stink, but you've guaranteed that they'll crumble in a series of wars rather than just get run over at once.

Bringer of War: For some reason I'm not surprised that you liked the format. ;) I really like it too, it's so easy to have lots of screenshots - it's wonderful to not have to upload lots of images to image hosting sites every time you post an update.

Dr Bob: Yeah, those techs will give future Sultans nightmares, I reckon. ;)

Emperor_krk: To be honest, I thought I did very well considering the situation. :D I think it's the first time I have taken 7 provinces in 12 years with a 2 province nation. :)

Brian: I didn't do it - it was Selim! :p
Yeah, it must be because of the the SG. ;) I thought it would be interesting to see Shiite Ottomans. But as you said, they would have to fight like hell if they want to see the end of the game.

Olav said:
I thought it would be interesting to see Shiite Ottomans. But as you said, they would have to fight like hell if they want to see the end of the game.

Well, we have seen Shiite Ottomans... until we diplo-annexed them. :D

Interestingly enough though you've probably given them their greatest glimmer of hope by making them Shiite. We've seen firsthand how that morale bonus really helps when you're down a CRT. I'd think that will help them a bit more than the extra few provinces will. That is, if another human controlled leader doesn't go on a rampage through the region. ;)

Just a VERY brief update on player nations.... 1610, before the Swedish hero makes his moves.

199999.jpg
Bohemia maintained itself until being absorbed by the blob, Albania was of course destroyed not long after being played.

188888.jpg
Not player played, though I found it interesting that Spain did not form.

1777777.jpg
The Uzbeks, had kept the bulk of its possessions until recently (Asia minor provs being the exception), Russia has begun to expand rapidly into the East, easily blowing away their Asian counterparts with their overwhelming tech advantage.

16666666.jpg
Likewise, the Ottomans had held their shape until only recently, when they have been beset from the East and West, although the actual losses have been few, many more are soon likely to follow ;).

Save is here ( http://www.savefile.com/files/1383551 ) for any who may want to browse the history of their nation.

Last edited: