• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If either of you had bothered to look at the extensive read me included with each package you'd have found detailed credits, acknowledgements and expressions of appreciation several pages long ... :confused:

Next time how about you take 2 mins to actually review the package before making ignorant criticisms on someone's work? In this case a project that took over a month full time to research, modify, test and assemble...! :cool:

Last edited:
If either of you had bothered to look at the extensive read me included with each package you'd have found detailed credits, acknowledgements and expressions of appreciation several pages long ... :confused:

Next time how about you take 2 mins to actually review the package before making ignorant criticisms on someone's work? In this case a project that took over a month full time to research, modify, test and assemble...! :cool:

Don't let them bring you down. I use a lot of your sprites, along with those from Puma, BeBro, and Cobra's leveling sprites. I for one appreciate your hard work.

Are you Ranger Mike on HSR Website by any chance?

I realize I'm reviving an old thread, but I'd simply like to know if mikwarleo's compendiums are compatible with Arma 1.3 beta 2. Didn't see anything in the thread to indicate it wouldn't be, but I'm just curious.

Incidentally, if they ARE compatible, should they be unpacked/installed BEFORE or AFTER applying Arma 1.3b2?

I realize I'm reviving an old thread, but I'd simply like to know if mikwarleo's compendiums are compatible with Arma 1.3 beta 2. Didn't see anything in the thread to indicate it wouldn't be, but I'm just curious.

Incidentally, if they ARE compatible, should they be unpacked/installed BEFORE or AFTER applying Arma 1.3b2?

I see no reason why they wouldn't. I use them in various mods and they've worked every time (it's been years since I've played vanilla.). If you want to be safe, just make a copy of 1.3 beta 2 and copy the sprites over the game so that they replace the old sprites.

So your order of installment is 1.3 beta 2 ---> Mikwarleo's sprites.

Pasha:

Thanks for the reply. I did as you said and everything seems to be working fine. After some checking, I surmised that the only file that might be an issue was the 'models.csv' file. Mikwarleo's package has a different one than the one that comes with the 1.3b2 patch. Would this cause any problems for the AI build routines? Might be a ridiculous question, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Pasha:

Thanks for the reply. I did as you said and everything seems to be working fine. After some checking, I surmised that the only file that might be an issue was the 'models.csv' file. Mikwarleo's package has a different one than the one that comes with the 1.3b2 patch. Would this cause any problems for the AI build routines? Might be a ridiculous question, but thought I'd ask anyway.

That shouldn't affect the build routine. As far as i know, the models.csv file just tell the game which sprites to use for which nations. For example, if you're familiar with BeBroes minor sprite pack, you have to go into the Models folder and retype info to tell the program to use Hungarian sprites for Hungary instead of the default German Sprites.

That shouldn't affect the build routine. As far as i know, the models.csv file just tell the game which sprites to use for which nations. For example, if you're familiar with BeBroes minor sprite pack, you have to go into the Models folder and retype info to tell the program to use Hungarian sprites for Hungary instead of the default German Sprites.

Pasha:

That makes total sense. It's been some time since I played HOI2/Arma, and even then, I had played it mostly un-modded. I remember using BeBro's sprites (and some of the DMP packages) and what you say just jogged my understanding. MUCH obliged for your help!

I use a lot of your sprites ...appreciate your hard work. Are you Ranger Mike on HSR Website by any chance?

Was checking in randomly to check links still active etc and saw your message.

I'm not Ranger, don't know HSR website. Very glad you are/were enjoying this compendium. I'm not around here much these days so will take some time to respond. Dusted off HoI2 recently and made some minor changes to packages. Updated brigade pics in little lovelies package so that italian AA, ART, SPG and AT brigades had a nice progression in their interface pics. Fixed a cosmetic issue with a common special forces sprite from the package, see image below.

72438101.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you back. Any interest in moving over to Darkest Hour?

Hi Pasha, I really appreciate the offer, I know Darkest Hour from steam. I'd definitely be interested if I had more time however I just check in occasionally to check DL links etc. Haven't played HoI2 since I made previous amendments. If that changes I'll check in with you. If you wanted to use the compendium with DH it shouldn't be a great deal of work to change it over though I don't know how much DH changes unit/menu graphic conventions from Arma1.3.

You're probably already aware of background mechanics of the graphics but there are also detailed instructions in my package readme pdfs along with an open welcome to use my work however you like.