• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lorenerd11

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Mar 25, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Necroids
The way migration works currently, it's a binary, empire-wide setting – you either allow a species to freely migrate within your territory, or you do not allow them to migrate at all.

This is a bit unwieldy when you want to designate a specific planet for a species, as you either waste the boost from immigration for that species completely, or risk that species popping up all over on random planets throughout the empire.

What I feel would be more intuitive would be migration settings for each planet or sector, where you designate which species should be allowed or encouraged/discouraged to grow, migrate to, or be assembled on which planets and sectors.

Fully disallowing growth or migration for specific citizen species would be unavailable for empires without relevant policies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
You can already specify which spiecies is prefered on the planet.

As a singular pop growth preference setting that is prone to glitching out and resetting. No, what I'm suggesting is an entire settings panel.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
So you want sliders for it :)

But I see what you get.
It is annoying that my continental humans tend to migrate to an alpine planet only to become super humans as soon as I developed genetics

Not necessarily sliders. Rather, a planet-specific settings menu where you can set which species templates are allowed or encouraged to immigrate, reproduce, or be assembled on which planets.

That way you could, for instance, allow the construction of multiple robot templates at random, while still disallowing the construction of certain templates that aren't useful on that planet.

Last edited:
Reactions:
That way you could, for instance, allow the construction of multiple robot templates at random, while still disallowing the construction of certain templates on that planet.

This alone would be perfect.
Hell, if I could get my Void Dwellers to stop migrating to regular planets I think it'd make things a lot easier.

Reactions: