• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 11 - Operation Slartibartfast

On the 6th of August, the engineers that had been studying coastal defenses in Faaborg announced that they had come up with a feasible plan. The King immediately ordered that they begin construction. Saber rattling from Germany was still increasing and war seemed highly possible; which meant that the coming operations would be a great learning experience for the military.

chp111.jpg

Just days before the invasion was to begin the diplomatic corps received a message from the British ambassador; but troops had already begun moving into position to load onto the transports. So we choose to decline the offer. We still weren’t sure how the British would react to our invasion of Norway.

chp112.jpg

On the 9th of August the fleet departed for Norway.

chp114.jpg

Late on the 12th the transport ships arrived in the Norwegian port of Kristiansand, and they waited. At 10:52am on the morning of the 13th, the word came; war was officially declared.

chp115.jpg

Troops immediately began unloading from the docks.

chp116.jpg

Landing virtually unopposed.

chp117.jpg

chp118.jpg

Index
Chapter 10 - The Dogs of War - April - July 1937
Chapter 12 - The Race to Oslo - August 1937

Last edited:
Me to, I have yet figure out what I'm doing wrong there.

You're using 100% of your IC and you don't have enough energy to sustain it. You either have to beg via trade or stick what little IC you can spare into Upgrades until you can get more energy.

The war began. The Allies are attacking Norway :) The united Scandinavia once again.

That's the plan.

well if you're lucky the world will be distracted from your Norwegian adventures by this outbreak of Japanese Imperialism

Lets hope so, or it could be a short campaign.

Update coming soon. Taking a break from playing FtM.

Chapter 12 - The Race to Oslo

Late in the night on the 14th of August elements of the Jydske Division ran into Norway's Den Norske Hær who had taken up defensive positions near Larvik.

chp121.jpg

After 10 hours of heavy fighting the Norwegians were forced to abandon their positions and retreat.

chp123.jpg

On the 18th, the 1st Zealand arrived in Stavanger unopposed. The division would then turn north to Bergen, arriving there on the 24th of August.

chp124.jpg

chp127.jpg

After the August 14th battle of Larvik the Jydske Division, supported by 2 other Danish divisions continued to push the Den Norske Hær back towards Oslo. On the 31st of August Danish troops arrived ont eh outskirts of the Norwegian capital.

chp128.jpg

Other August Developments

New Laws Passed -

chp122.jpg

Sweden intervenes in Norway -

chp126.jpg

Index
Chapter 11 - Operation Slartibartfast - August 13th 1937
Chapter 13 - The Lillehammer Armistice - September 1937

Last edited:
Chapter 13 - The Lillehammer Armistice

On the 3rd of September, while the Danish 2nd Corps was coming ashore just south of Trondheim, Finland chose to follow Sweden’s lead and intervene in the Norwegian war; but it would be too little and too late.

chp132.jpg

chp131.jpg

By the 10th Danish forces had sealed off Oslo and were moving into the city.

chp133.jpg

The city was fully occupied late on the 11th and the Danish Flag was raised over Norway’s Parliament Building.

chp134.jpg

chp135.jpg

Four days later on the 15th, after securing the port at Trondheim, the 2nd Corps loaded back up onto their ships and headed north for Narvik, where they landed unopposed on the 16th.

chp136.jpg

chp137.jpg

On the morning of September 17th, in a hastily erected camp on the grounds of a ski lodge near the town of Lillehammer, King Christian X meet with his brother, Norwegian King Haakon VII. While the two men greeted each other as family, the tension was high. By the end of the day, heated words were exchanged, but ultimately there was little room for negotiation. Norway was done and would be reunited with Denmark. Haakon and his family would be allowed to keep his personal lands and would take on the title of Duke of Norway. The Norwegian Parliament would be retained but would be subservient to the Danish Parliament and the Throne of Denmark. While Denmark consolidated its forces, the world watched. Would this be the end of Danish ambitions or was the rest of Scandinavia being lined up in its crosshairs.

chp138.jpg

Index
Chapter 12 - The Race to Oslo - August 1937
Chapter 14 - The Next Great Adventure - September to December 1937

Last edited:
Excellent! But you're going to need a land connection for those troops in Norway......invade Sweden!

Invade Sweden !!! They shall not stay neutral !!

Thats an AAR that did not make me sleep. Kudos to you. Already subscribed, just keep it going :)

Sweden is the obvious target... though other countries could appear on the radar rather soon.

Sweden will indeed be my next target. I'm hoping to have the Swedish war of Unification by Mid '38. The real trick will be if I can squeeze in a conquest of Finland by Mid '39 before the Germans come knocking on the door. I should have more posted this weekend. I'm on vacation the 2nd week of August and I'm actually planing to play out the rest of the AAR at that time.

Chapter 14 - The Next Great Adventure

With the Norwegian war settled, the rest of 1937 ticked quietly by like a cat waiting patiently for the mouse to emerge from its hole. Stefan was sent to Oslo to help tighten the strings between Copenhagen and its new Northern Territories. Written protests from the UK, France, Germany, and the United States went by with little notice and with little meat to back them up. Within a month after the armistice, England's diplomats were offering to recognize Denmark's gains in the north if we agreed to join them in some grand alliance. We declined yet again.

Meanwhile the King and his generals met again within the halls of Christiansborg Palace to plan the nation's next move.

Operation Steel Rat would target Sweden. They had interfered in the war with Norway by allowing troops to move and eventually flee into their territory and the nation had been slated to be reunified with Denmark from the beginning. With troops in Narvik and Oslo, it only made sense to move east.

The 2nd Corps final two divisions were expected to be completed by the end of January and would meet up with the rest of the corps on or shortly after the 1st of February. War with Sweden would be declared as soon as they were in place. Hopefully the winter assault would catch Sweden unprepared.

The 2nd Corps would sweep across the Northern end of Sweden to capture the port city of Luleå. The objective being to keep any Swedish forces in the north from heading south to defend the capital. The 2nd Corps would track down and destroy any forces they found there before heading south.

chp141.jpg

In the mean time, the 1st Corps would split up, with two divisions heading south to capture the city of Göteborg. The other two divisions would head east, first capturing Karlstand, and then turning to the southeast to take Karlsborg and finally Norrköping. The 1st Corps would then search and destroy any Swedish units in the trapped in the south.

chp142.jpg

With the bulk of Sweden's forces out of action both Corps would then converge on the capital of Stockholm. With any luck Sweden would be added to Denmark's growing empire by mid June.

chp143.jpg

Index
Chapter 13 - The Lillehammer Armistice - September 1937
Chapter 15 - Charge of the Steal Rat - February 1938

Last edited: