• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

redit

futilitarian
102 Badges
Oct 10, 2010
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
Please post any bugs or problems you have found with the mod here, so we can check if it's WAD or fix it.

Using the following format will help us a lot :happy:

Code:
CK2 Version: 
MEP Version:
Installation type:
Additional Mods: 
Brief Summary of Issue:

E.g.

CK2 Version: 2.0.4
MEP Version: 0.1.5b
Installation type: 0.1.4 full + 0.1.5b patch
Additional Mods: None
Brief Summary of Issue: Some provinces seem to be off map, like Lond Anfalas

Reactions:
CK2 Version: 2.04
MEP Version: 0.1.4 + 0.1.5
Installation type: 0.1.4 full and 0.1.5 full
Additional Mods: none
Brief Summary of Issue: I get these broken eventchains almost right at the start and can't press any alternatives of the broken events. So I can't go further.

MEP Version: 0.1.4 + 0.1.5
Installation type: 0.1.4 full and 0.1.5 full
Additional Mods: none
Brief Summary of Issue: I get these broken eventchains almost right at the start and can't press any alternatives of the broken events. So I can't go further.

When you say 0.1.4 full and 0.1.5 full, do you mean you overwrote the old full with the new? If so, you should delete the old full version before installing a new one. Try deleting all your MEP mod and reinstalling the newest full version.

Your problem sounds like it is related to a bad installation. Make sure the mod is NOT installed in your game directory (steamapps/{username}/crusader kings ii/mod), and IS installed in your Documents (My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod). If the second directory doesn't exist, make sure you run vanilla CK2 at least once.

First off, I want to say, from what little i've played of it. I love it. So far, theres a lot of great content, a cool system of races, and I love that there are certain effects in place that keep things as cannon as possible.

Now, I don't know if it's because I used Ruler Designer or not, but my game keeps crashing periodically, as well as random "Loading Freezes" that pick up after 5 min of inactivity. I don't know what causes this, but it's a little frustrating.

Installation type: 0.1.5bFull (And Patch Both together and seperate)
Additional Mods: Elder kings is installed, but not active.
Brief Summary of Issue: So i've been having crash issues, and I am unsure if it is a result of using ruler designer or not. The first crash happened roughly about a week in game. I then was able to proceed as normal, invading the Wilderness to the north of Rivendale, then pushing into "Goblin town". At this point, The council had convened, having decided to destroy the ring, and Boromir had taken the ring from Frodo. About a month before the crash took place, I took over Goblin town and killed the orc/goblins inhabiting the place, and now my game crashes after about 3 weeks into the game.

Edit: I think I have found at least one reason it crashes. When I search for people, and click on "All" it crashes every time.

Last edited:
Brief Summary of Issue: So i've been having crash issues, and I am unsure if it is a result of using ruler designer or not. The first crash happened roughly about a week in game. I then was able to proceed as normal, invading the Wilderness to the north of Rivendale, then pushing into "Goblin town". At this point, The council had convened, having decided to destroy the ring, and Boromir had taken the ring from Frodo. About a month before the crash took place, I took over Goblin town and killed the orc/goblins inhabiting the place, and now my game crashes after about 3 weeks into the game.

Edit: I think I have found at least one reason it crashes. When I search for people, and click on "All" it crashes every time.

Hmmm, i don't have this problem. So you've got the 0.1.5b full in the good folder AND the 0.1.4b patched installed at his side? Did you try a clean reinstall, deleting the patch folder? If you made two different installations, do you have two different "MiddleEarthProject.mod" files to call them?

Try a full reinstall of 0.1.5b (delete all prior MEP files in your CK2 mod folder, and the cache in CrusaderKingsII/MiddleEarthProject) and install this laghotfix on top. Let us know if you still have the problem.

Hmmm, i don't have this problem. So you've got the 0.1.5b full in the good folder AND the 0.1.4b patched installed at his side? Did you try a clean reinstall, deleting the patch folder? If you made two different installations, do you have two different "MiddleEarthProject.mod" files to call them?

No, both the patch and the full game were 1.5b, not 1.4.
And I only have the one file at the moment.

MEP Version: 1.5b
Installation type: (In installation order) 0.1.5b Full, 0.1.5b Patch, LagHotfix (Events contained within moved to the main event folder)
Additional Mods: None (Removed Elder Kings)
Brief Summary of Issue: Currently, I am writing this as things happen, I only have one bug. When I go to search for people, and click 'Search All" the selection loads up, but when I move to type (Typically a being the only letter I have down) the game crashes.

Also, the game now crashes upon actually Starting the timer as well, or soon after (On speed 1), the last crash occurring after Sauroman sent his troops to attack Rohan. Will now attempt a playthrough with Vanilla characters and see if issues continue.

Okay, so now that I've started the game playing as Moria, with no self designed rulers, the game runs much more smoothly, despite the occasional 30s-2m lag, although it eventually crashed around mid '66. That being said, I have also noticed that there are "Orcs" that carry vanilla Human appearances, and whenever a child is born, the only prompt I get is the sound of a baby crying, no chance to name it, or even a pop up event. This first happened as an Elf, but I contributed that issue to me divorcing my wife in favor of a better alliance with Mirkwood. Anyway, thats all the issues I have at the moment. I will post more as I find them.

Installation type: (In installation order) 0.1.5b Full, 0.1.5b Patch, LagHotfix (Events contained within moved to the main event folder)
Additional Mods: None (Removed Elder Kings)
Brief Summary of Issue: Currently, I am writing this as things happen, I only have one bug. When I go to search for people, and click 'Search All" the selection loads up, but when I move to type (Typically a being the only letter I have down) the game crashes.

Also, the game now crashes upon actually Starting the timer as well, or soon after (On speed 1), the last crash occurring after Sauroman sent his troops to attack Rohan. Will now attempt a playthrough with Vanilla characters and see if issues continue.

Okay, so now that I've started the game playing as Moria, with no self designed rulers, the game runs much more smoothly, despite the occasional 30s-2m lag, although it eventually crashed around mid '66. That being said, I have also noticed that there are "Orcs" that carry vanilla Human appearances, and whenever a child is born, the only prompt I get is the sound of a baby crying, no chance to name it, or even a pop up event. This first happened as an Elf, but I contributed that issue to me divorcing my wife in favor of a better alliance with Mirkwood. Anyway, thats all the issues I have at the moment. I will post more as I find them.

You don't need to install the full version + the patch... The patch is only for the 0.1.4b version.
And the patch could maybe have some issues.
For the other things, we're aware about the birth problem (no possibility to name the child), and we're working on it. For the orcs portrait problem, just save, resign, and reload your savegame, and it should be resolved ;)

You don't need to install the full version + the patch... The patch is only for the 0.1.4b version.
And the patch could maybe have some issues.
For the other things, we're aware about the birth problem (no possibility to name the child), and we're working on it. For the orcs portrait problem, just save, resign, and reload your savegame, and it should be resolved ;)

Alright, so now I just installed the 1.5b alone with the aformentioned quick fix

Installation type: 1.5b w/ Event hot fix
Additional Mods: N/A
Brief Summary of Issue: So, whilst playing as Mordor, I think I found a bug. The first time I encountered this bug was in the mist of battle for the "War' to gain Ostagar. While Battling them, the Steward of Gondor (Forgot his name) entered the battlefield and it proceeded as normal, UNTIL the other flanks collapsed. It was at that point where he started not having ANY casualties (145k vs. 3000 in open combat) and he was killing my men slowly but surely. I originally attributed the situation to a desire to keep him alive for immersion sake. A few years later, I encountered this same situation in Rohan. King Theo died and passed the title onto his son, which I then declared an invasion on, which was going perfectly well mind you, when I fought him on the planes. Again, once his flanks crumbled, he became a wrecking ball, and with 835 men, completely DESTROYED an army of 136k soldiers of varying type, leaving none alive.

I'm not sure how to fix this bug, or if it's on purpose, but it really ruined the immersion for me to have this happen without explanation. I mean, if this is intentional, that would be fine, I just would like to have some sort of actual rational behind it other than these individuals becoming Divine warriors out of nowhere.

Installation type: 1.5b w/ Event hot fix
Additional Mods: N/A
Brief Summary of Issue: So, whilst playing as Mordor, I think I found a bug. The first time I encountered this bug was in the mist of battle for the "War' to gain Ostagar. While Battling them, the Steward of Gondor (Forgot his name) entered the battlefield and it proceeded as normal, UNTIL the other flanks collapsed. It was at that point where he started not having ANY casualties (145k vs. 3000 in open combat) and he was killing my men slowly but surely. I originally attributed the situation to a desire to keep him alive for immersion sake. A few years later, I encountered this same situation in Rohan. King Theo died and passed the title onto his son, which I then declared an invasion on, which was going perfectly well mind you, when I fought him on the planes. Again, once his flanks crumbled, he became a wrecking ball, and with 835 men, completely DESTROYED an army of 136k soldiers of varying type, leaving none alive.

I'm not sure how to fix this bug, or if it's on purpose, but it really ruined the immersion for me to have this happen without explanation. I mean, if this is intentional, that would be fine, I just would like to have some sort of actual rational behind it other than these individuals becoming Divine warriors out of nowhere.

While we have changed certain combat bonuses for some cultures, certainly nothing has been done to make anyone invulnerable. Specific combat-AI behavior I think is also not moddable, so it may be a vanilla CK II issue, though I've never seen anything like you describe myself at least.

While we have changed certain combat bonuses for some cultures, certainly nothing has been done to make anyone invulnerable. Specific combat-AI behavior I think is also not moddable, so it may be a vanilla CK II issue, though I've never seen anything like you describe myself at least.

I've never seen it before myself, until it happened earlier today. I don't know what set it off, as it didn't always happen, but in those two instances where the top liege was involved, I got screwed.

Installation type: 0.1.5bFull
Additional Mods: Elder Kings is installed, along with Game of Thrones and No Hassles Vassals, however none are active.
Brief Summary of Issue: The issue arrives whenever I click on a race that happens to be one of the wildmen of the west. This is usually any of the men around Rhudaur or Dunland, if I click on any of them then the game instantly crashes, without exception. I'm not sure why this issue occurs, but it has only been avoidable by almost completely avoiding areas near the Misty Mountains, which is quite difficult.

Last edited:
Installation type: 0.1.5bFull
Additional Mods: Elder Kings is installed, along with Game of Thrones and No Hassles Vassals, however none are active.
Brief Summary of Issue: The issue arrives whenever I click on a race that happens to be one of the wildmen of the west. This is usually any of the men around Rhudaur or Dunland, if I click on any of them then the game instantly crashes, without exception. I'm not sure why this issue occurs, but it has only been avoidable by almost completely avoiding areas near the Misty Mountains, which is quite difficult.
Thanks a lot. It has already been fixed for the next build :)

CK Version: 2.1,.1
MEP: 0.1.5b+compatibility patch
Additional Mods: HIP installed but not activated.
Brief summary: The event halfelf.1 (under halfelf_events), in which a man meets an elf-maid, will (unless I am very much mistaken), never activate. Among the trigger requirements is "trait = attractive", but there is technically no such trait in the game files- the trait localized as "attractive" in the game is actually named "fair" in the traits code. Such, at any rate, is the case in unmodded CKII, and I believe it is the same in your mod, since on activating the event from the console, I received the output (X)Has the trait '' (I think that's two adjacent single quotes, not a double quote) positioned between Has the trait 'strong' and has the trait 'kind', which corresponds to attractive's position in the event code.

CK Version: 2.1,.1
MEP: 0.1.5b+compatibility patch
Additional Mods: HIP installed but not activated.
Brief summary: The event halfelf.1 (under halfelf_events), in which a man meets an elf-maid, will (unless I am very much mistaken), never activate. Among the trigger requirements is "trait = attractive", but there is technically no such trait in the game files- the trait localized as "attractive" in the game is actually named "fair" in the traits code. Such, at any rate, is the case in unmodded CKII, and I believe it is the same in your mod, since on activating the event from the console, I received the output (X)Has the trait '' (I think that's two adjacent single quotes, not a double quote) positioned between Has the trait 'strong' and has the trait 'kind', which corresponds to attractive's position in the event code.
Thanks, noted.