• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

State Machine

MOS FET
5 Badges
Feb 8, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
Map Errors

Please post any errors like province names and such in this thread only.

Edit: For reference by my fellow mods, these problems are reported as bugs 4397, 4398, and 4399.

The last post considered for 1.02

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spain

Spain:
An effort has been made to turn the Castellan denomination of certain areas to its regional language. Its debatable if this approach would be correct for that historic time but lets not get there.
What is strange is that this translation effort has been made on certain areas but not completely.

Ibiza has been turned to Catalan Eivissa, and this effort has been replicated on the mainland on different areas like Lleida o València...Yet, this has not been done at Mahon (should be Mao) San Francisco (Sant Francesc), Bilbao (Bilbo)...

So, what was the initial intention here? Or we have all in castellan (Common Spanish) or all in their regional languages but not this mix max.

Not so much of a map error, more of a country error, in the 1941 scenario, Indonesia exists, puppeted and allied to the Allies. Although it is correct that these territories were still fighting for the Allies (invaded by Japanese march 1942), Indonesia as a nation did not exist yet (Independance was proclaimed by Sukarno in 1945, granted in 1948 by queen Wilhelmina).

It would be more correct to label these territories Dutch East Indies (or simply 'the Netherlands'), as they were most certainly NOT Indonesia, which didn't exist yet, but whose leaders (including Sukarno) collaborated actively with the Japanese.

Also, in 1941 scenario, Surinam and Curacao (dutch territories) are given to France and Someone else. This is not correct. Although I admit that Dutch contributions to the Allied war effort were minimal, the Netherlands did exist as a nation with government in exile during the war.

New Zealand in Dniepr River

There's a small graphic glitch on the map, in which a tiny part of the province Christchurch, New Zealand appears in the Dniepr River. This small "island" can be clicked and bring up the info-window about Christchurch. When moving the pointer above this area in Dniepr River it also says "Tasman Sea", and "Chatham Sea".

The island is located in Dniepr River, with the three provinces of Pinsk, Mozyr and Bobrujsk surrounding it. It is clearly visible in political mode as a small orange dot.

I found the Chatham and Tasman Sea in the Dniepr (small lines in the river), but where's Christchurch?

2 Japanese islands have 0 infrastructure while the sea zones around them have positive infra values: Marshalls and Minato-something (it's North-east of Bonins).

1 Japanese island can't be entered with a fleet: Hana (South-west of Japan)

3 Japanese islands seem to "generate" supplies on their own: Bonins (from the moment a unit is set up on Bonins or Marianas), Ewikewok(?)(from the moment a unit is set up on that island on or one of the 4 around it), Palau (from the moment a unit is set up on that island or on the 2 to the east of it)

Russian province of Sevastopal should be Sevastopol.

Map distances are crazy - aircraft can't be used anywhere but in the neighboring (land-based) or the same (carrier-based) sea zones until late in the game in the Pacific.

In the Turkish province of Zonguldak is the beach in the middle of the the province and not at the coast. Just a graphical bug.

The port location in the US state of Miami (florida) is wrong.

Basically, you placed the port in St. Petersburg, instead of Miami, yet it still opens into the florida straights.

Port Miami opens into a seazone (florida straights) on the oposite side of the state. Into the atlantic, instead of the gulf (pensacola seazone). The Port should be placed in the lower right corner of the state.

http://www.floridanetlink.com/images/FlaCityMap.gif

Just start a game as the US, grab the ships in the port in 'miami' and try moving them to the sea zone adjacent to the port, you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot showing "the Island" in political-mode:

ScreenSave3.JPG

The Island is the small orange dot (looks like two crossed lines). (It's the same colour as New Zealand). The pop-up message says New Zealand, and clicking on the dot brings up Christchurch-info-window to the right. The mouse-pointer points straight at the dot.

Concur that Port Moresby should be a port (VERY IMPORTANT)

Not so important, but in Northern Australia the port in the Roper River province should instead be in the Darwin province.

The Roper river region in the 1940's had pretty much nothing but crocodiles and large undiscovered deposits of uranium.

Darwin however had a decent sized port used by the RAAN, RAN, and USN, and was bombed repeatdly by the Japanese beginning in Feb 1942.

I lived in Darwin in 15 years, so yes the info is correct.

Tjumen and Isjim in the USSR have an odd divider between them (despite the fact they are adjacent) and you can go from one to the other directly, you have walk around one to get to the other... try it and youll know what i mean.

Thanks everyone!

I'll pass along all the doable things, along with some of my own to Paradox asap. Note, the names of provinces displayed on the map is very unlikely to be fixed, so errors like Timmons/Sudbury will probably stay. :(

Keep on posting...

here comes the boot!

I decided to bump this post up because I didn't get a single feedback 'til now and I hope this is just because of the high traffic here. :rolleyes:

So, anyone got the same impression concerning the wayfinding?
Just to clarify: I'm not talking of loosing one or two hours, but getting two or three provinces further in one week less than proposed DOES matter, in my opinion.

And for the mysterious super-mountains in Russia: They are obviously hardcoded, but why???

Any feedback is welcome! :)

(EDIT: I refer to my upper post ~34,5 hours ago)

Last edited:
Huge Portuguese Angola has not a single beach nor has Portuguese Goa.

Bonin Islands problem.

I couldn't move my ships into Bonin Islands as Japan in the 1936 scenario, altough the islands do have a port. Pan Vision, patch 1.01

Not a bug, but an annoyance, and probably fixable because sea zones aren't named on the map itself...

'North South China Sea'? Please! Call it Spratly or Paracel or SOMETHING. Some of those Asian sea area names are really desperate and it's not as if there aren't real world alternatives, frx 'Bobai Sea' would be much better as Tongking Gulf.