• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

State Machine

MOS FET
5 Badges
Feb 8, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
Map Errors

Please post any errors like province names and such in this thread only.

Edit: For reference by my fellow mods, these problems are reported as bugs 4397, 4398, and 4399.

The last post considered for 1.02

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Map bug or game bug?

When Attacking San Antonio from Monterrey, Mexico, it leads you directly South for about 3,000 km and takes about 3 months to complete the task. That should probably be fixed so my strat of using Mexico as Japan! ha ha ha...

Speaking of beaches...

Speaking of beaches- there are some odd ones over in eastern europe too- the beach icon for odessa is in the middle of the territory, and the one in romania (ugh...name escapes me, been playing EU2 now too much) is also way in the northwestern part, when it should be on the eastern edge....

oh, i'm using 1.07...

Re: Speaking of beaches...

Originally posted by Count Ringworm
Speaking of beaches- there are some odd ones over in eastern europe too- the beach icon for odessa is in the middle of the territory, and the one in romania (ugh...name escapes me, been playing EU2 now too much) is also way in the northwestern part, when it should be on the eastern edge....

oh, i'm using 1.07...

the banana plantage :) thingy is known

Re: Speaking of beaches...

Originally posted by Count Ringworm

oh, i'm using 1.07...

The fix for Odessa is posted on the previous page of this thread.

It seems as if my previously posted fix for the hidden beach in Antwerpen did not make it to 1.05b. Anyhow, here it comes again:

On the Antwerpen line, change the following (beach x,y,graphics):

9498;1506;14

to:

9478;1523;3

Originally posted by MadViking
It seems as if my previously posted fix for the hidden beach in Antwerpen did not make it to 1.05b. Anyhow, here it comes again:

On the Antwerpen line, change the following (beach x,y,graphics):

9498;1506;14

to:

9478;1523;3

Consider it done

USA East Coast Geography

1.05b NA

Some highly suggested minor tweaks:

* Province of Miami should be infra = 59, not 79. Florida's road and rail net was not developed as much, and as far south on BOTH coasts, as HOI assumes in the 30s.

* The province of Charlestown [West Virginia] should be infra = 50, not 79. Again, West Virginia's road and rail net was not that developed.

* The beach in Miami [Florida] should be on the "Coast of Savanah". This would put it in the Jacksonville area. There is plenty of beach in this area as well as a major naval base (today). The present beach is about where the City of Fort Myers, Florida is today. Besides, any country invading the Miami in HOI has no logical/historical need to sail into the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do this in HOI editing.

Misnamed provinces and a bad goto

The Northwest NW Pacific Basin is misnamed the Northwest NW Pacific Basic.

Palau Sea is misnamed Palau Ses.

If an action tile shows something happened in the Bikar Sea (off the east coast of Wake) and you hit the Goto button the map centers on Fort Laperrin in the Sahara Desert.

Rich

Originally posted by Vulture
Send Steel a PM with a link to this page.

Done.

Re: Misnamed provinces and a bad goto

Originally posted by RichCitti
The Northwest NW Pacific Basin is misnamed the Northwest NW Pacific Basic.

Palau Sea is misnamed Palau Ses.

If an action tile shows something happened in the Bikar Sea (off the east coast of Wake) and you hit the Goto button the map centers on Fort Laperrin in the Sahara Desert.

Rich

Thank you, fixed... But I don't know how to fix the display error though

Re: USA East Coast Geography

Originally posted by Kevin Mc Carthy
* The beach in Miami [Florida] should be on the "Coast of Savanah". This would put it in the Jacksonville area. There is plenty of beach in this area as well as a major naval base (today). The present beach is about where the City of Fort Myers, Florida is today. Besides, any country invading the Miami in HOI has no logical/historical need to sail into the Gulf of Mexico.

This is the current HoI location
miami2.jpg

This is the changed location
miami.jpg

Here's the updated province.csv entry:
212;Miami;;;America;Subtropical;marsh;;50;80;;1;219;10;5;0;0;0;0;4986;2327;4910;2304;4983;2221;4970;2197;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;4914;2252;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;