• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aussiehawker

First Lieutenant
42 Badges
Jan 14, 2018
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
I'm playing a conqueror game, where I now have a bunch of different robot species. Its a mess, and its frankly getting worse, as they start growing on other planets.

Please add an option to convert other robot species, into the empires main robot species. It would be a big QOL help, and its likely help the performance of the game, if there are fewer errant species running around.

• 34Like
Reactions:
They are clearly not the same robot - they have a different paint job! :)

On a serious note - pretty please let us merge these into 1 thing. I assume it would also improve performance - less species to cycle through.

View attachment 843912
Had something just like this recently as Fanatic Purifiers. It wasn't until I decided to try to kill all the robots that I realized I had like a dozen species of them sitting around because all the places I conquered had them. AIs hardly ever don't build robots, so there's guarantees you'll just be stuck with these.

Yeah but that's every thread here.

View attachment 851705

And yet some suggestions do make it into the game, so clearly some threads are being read in secret.

It's like some kind of self-espionage operation.
Pretty sure they just didn't implement the implemented flag marking. Ironic...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd love to be able to merge my robots and to be able to downgrade their AI functions. If I can nerve staple my bio-pops then I should be able to build my toasters with Pentium i3 processors. If I intend to keep my AI shackled in servitude the obvious answer is to restrict the technology that goes into them.

Reactions:
Allow a robo-modding template to be applied to any and all "species" of robot (but maintain the difference between mechanical and machine pops).

The next time you robo-mod, you can merge them all into one species.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Allow a robo-modding template to be applied to any and all "species" of robot [...] The next time you robo-mod, you can merge them all into one species.
Either:
  1. Consider appearance as just another trait (as you say), or
  2. Make change of appearance an exclusive modding act that requires both robot models to be strictly equal beforehand (more costly in resource and time as it requires two modding projects).

I'd love to be able to merge my robots and to be able to downgrade their AI functions. If I can nerve staple my bio-pops then I should be able to build my toasters with Pentium i3 processors. If I intend to keep my AI shackled in servitude the obvious answer is to restrict the technology that goes into them.
Deleted scene from Terminator 2... Go look for it. lol That would keep the machines down.

Reactions:
Honestly, robots should all be one species to begin with, with every variant being a subspecies of the main one. Though note I said 'robot' species, not 'machine' or 'synthetic'.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
I guess that doesn't work with achievement compatible, right? :(

Yep, you're stuck just enjoying the game more, rather than being paid in fake trophies to suffer tedium.

Quite terrible, very sad for us mod users to enjoy the game more.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Yep, you're stuck just enjoying the game more, rather than being paid in fake trophies to suffer tedium.

Quite terrible, very sad for us mod users to enjoy the game more.

I might be masochistic for achievement hunting.
Already spend so long trying to get the clone army one to destroy a fallen spiritualist empire.
I thought I had it once, it was MY army to destroy their final planet, but I didn't get it. :(

• 2Like
Reactions:
I might be masochistic for achievement hunting.
Already spend so long trying to get the clone army one to destroy a fallen spiritualist empire.
I thought I had it once, it was MY army to destroy their final planet, but I didn't get it. :(

Nah it's a common human behavioral pattern to respond to rewards, even totally fake ones. That's why they use them.

But you can always turn mods off later if you feel the urge to try for one of them again.

That's for robotic empires I think?
I hope this new DLC/free update also adds the capacity to choose one "standard" robot species and allow you to give assimilation rights to all other robots even if you're an organic empire

Reactions: