• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
in the fourth age bookmark: give Sterkist Faermeglin (the grandson of Beorn of the Vales of Anduin) a son because he dies of old age as soon as the game starts and his dynasty goes extinct :(

Fourth age: Aragon starts with laughably small prestige. He saved the world and then ruled it! What more does a Ranger have to do to get some respect, jeez.

All starts: Can we have trade routes? There are many obvious ones: The Greenway and east-west road, through the Gap of Rohan, Northern mountain passes or Khazad-dum then through to the vales of Anduin, then through or around Mirkwood to Lake town, North to Lonely Mountain and South to Dorwinion. A southern road from Rohan to Gondor and South to Harad and Umbar perhaps an eastern one from there to Rhun.

Reactions:
I think the pure blood of numenor trait, as rare as it is, should provide more benefits to the player. Numenoreans were well known to be nigh seven feet, which is practically giantism when you consider tolkeins time period is based in a more medieval or rome-like period were most people were around say 5,6 or 5,7. Considering the most populated of the three houses of the edain, the house of hador were the ones who largely populated numenor and made up most of the elendili were known to be broad shouldered and stout, maybe both strong and tall traits? A small possibility for them to be added as traits as soon as a pure blooded numenorean is born perhaps?

The numenoreans were known to naturally command respect through their great wisdom and height, so maybe a rare event where a fearsome black numenorean warlord rallies a warband of soldiers to carve out his own kingdom? just a few ideas

make small events for the hobbits. they can get their daggers of westernesse from Tom Bombadil. Frodo can get sting and his mithril shirt from Bilbo around the date he reaches Rivendel. Merry and Pippin can get the tall trait after drinking the ent sap. etc. ...

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well, I've said this before... but the kingdom setup for the northern Dwarves seems off to me.

The Ered Luin, in the lore, was historically Broadbeam/Firebeard territory. However, in the War of the Rings Bookmark, it is owned by the Longbeards. From the histories it seems that Thrór or Thráin showed up and took over the Kingdom, both of the duchies, and 5 of 7 counties. This seems odd for a bunch of refugees, coming to a territory where the local Dwarves have had over 6000 years to recover from the end of the first age.

My suggestion: The Longbeards have the northernmost county only (presumably granted to them by the locals). The rest of the northern Ered Luin is a Broadbeam Kingdom, and the southern Ered Luin is a Firebeard Kingdom.

Second, in the east, there are 3 small kingdoms: the one county Kingdom of Erebor, the one duchy Kingdom of the Iron Hills, and the one duchy Kingdom of the Grey Mountains, all Longbeard de jure territory. While other Dwarf Kingdoms are equally small, the dignity of the head-of-a-dwarven house can be said to be equivalent to a king. So I feel that having 3 kingdoms for a fairly small set of territories is overdoing it.

My suggestion : Make a simgle Kingdom covering Erebor, the Grey Mounatins, and the Iron Hills.

Reactions:
So in the Kinstrife start, Arthedain starts with a ton of wilderness provinces in de jure Cardolan, which makes no sense. It also doesn't start with parts of the shire, which often get random hobbit leaders despite there being no Hobbits in Eriador at the time.

The Cardolan part should either be independent wilderness or in the hands of Tyrn Gothad, the descendents of the Cardolan royal line. As it is its easy for Arthedain to get the King of Cardolan title, since they start with the center of it and the one province Dunedain swear allegiance easily.

I haven't tried the patch for compatibility with the latest version, so if this was addressed kindly ignore me.

Reactions:
Thanks for the reports, we'll try to solve some of these bugs for the patch coming (maybe tomorrow?), and we'll fix all of them for the update who'll come later! ;)

Reactions:
I've come to the conclusion that the way things currently are, it is nigh-impossible for the Dwarves of Erebor to reconquer Moria / Khazad-Dûm. The garrison of First Hall is around 8.5 K without levies, and even under Dáin Ironfoot, with his 35 military, the Longbeards do not have enough troops to keep Moria under siege for the 3+ years it takes to reduce First Hall alone, let alone the other holdings (even if you exclude attrition by conquering a neighbouring province ahead of time, random evens will still reduce the besieging numbers). Under his successors, the Longbeards are lucky to get more than 6K troops total. Trying to boost your troops with Orcs from recently conquered provinces (before the purges complete), just means you'll have to break off the siege to crush the massive rebellions.

My suggestions:
• Allow more mercenaries for Erebor, like Dalesmen mercenaries.
• Event troops, which perhaps represent Dwarven volunteers from other realms, or Humans hired especially for the occasion.
• The above event should be triggered via a Decision.

Reactions:
I've come to the conclusion that the way things currently are, it is nigh-impossible for the Dwarves of Erebor to reconquer Moria / Khazad-Dûm. The garrison of First Hall is around 8.5 K without levies, and even under Dáin Ironfoot, with his 35 military, the Longbeards do not have enough troops to keep Moria under siege for the 3+ years it takes to reduce First Hall alone, let alone the other holdings (even if you exclude attrition by conquering a neighbouring province ahead of time, random evens will still reduce the besieging numbers). Under his successors, the Longbeards are lucky to get more than 6K troops total. Trying to boost your troops with Orcs from recently conquered provinces (before the purges complete), just means you'll have to break off the siege to crush the massive rebellions.

My suggestions:
• Allow more mercenaries for Erebor, like Dalesmen mercenaries.
• Event troops, which perhaps represent Dwarven volunteers from other realms, or Humans hired especially for the occasion.
• The above event should be triggered via a Decision.

Perhaps there should be a massive reduction in Orcs and other evil creatures whenever the Dark Lord falls due to lack of supplies, and a lack of a central controlling will keeping them from fighting among themselves. Especially when they have fallen and can't get up. This could be some kind of attrition event perhaps so that small isolated and well-supplied tribes might survive okay but large centralized armies and populations in inhospitable areas like Mordor would be devastated.

Perhaps there should be a massive reduction in Orcs and other evil creatures whenever the Dark Lord falls due to lack of supplies, and a lack of a central controlling will keeping them from fighting among themselves. Especially when they have fallen and can't get up. This could be some kind of attrition event perhaps so that small isolated and well-supplied tribes might survive okay but large centralized armies and populations in inhospitable areas like Mordor would be devastated.
Wouldn't the orcs be too weak if this would happen? I don't think they would starve, because of this. The orcs can feed themselves without the Dark Lord instructing them to do so. Gundabad doesn't seem to be that undisciplined, due to their leaders Bolg and Azog and there are for sure some other like them. Sauron might be the highest Command, but there are still the Lieutenants and Generals of the Armies, who administrate the most. And if only Mordor would be affected

Instead of giving the elves the abillity to settle wilderness give them a unique cb that is limited to eregion and lindon

Attachments

• elven reconquest cb.txt
    3,4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: