• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, like i wrote in the main thread and i was suggested to come here, i would very much like to see submod that revert ethnic cleansing and colonising to vanilla mechanic for conquering other races. It would be fun to rule orcs as a hobbit or other way.

I'd like the mod to not have Elves and Humans hate one another and their sub-types so much. All the Races almost always refuse to intermarry due to 'Must not marry an infidel,' which is absolute nonsense.

I also want the Chieftains of the Dunedain from the fall of Arnor to have a united Blood of Elendil or something similar due to the reunification of the bloodlines of Anarion and Isildur.

I'd like the mod to not have Elves and Humans hate one another and their sub-types so much. All the Races almost always refuse to intermarry due to 'Must not marry an infidel,' which is absolute nonsense.

Of course it is, but it is not this mod nonsense, but a Paradox one. Hardcoded and not moddable if i remember correctly.

Of course it is, but it is not this mod nonsense, but a Paradox one. Hardcoded and not moddable if i remember correctly.

Nope, just 1 line of code.

intermarry = [religion]

The indian religions use it so they can marry each other, as do norse_pagan and norse_pagan_reformed.

It's not nonsense. Since the beginning of Arda, how many elven-human unions were there? Four, if I'm not mistaken. Two in the First Age (Beren and Luthien & Tuor and Idril Celebrindal), one in the Second (Imrazor and Mithrellas) and the last one between Aragon and Arwen.

Over more than eleven thousand years of history, there were FOUR. That's why we deal with Aragorn's marriage through events instead of the game's marriage mechanics: such unions are too special and rare to be allowed to happen on a daily basis (yes, I'm exaggerating here xD).

So, unless you guys can come up with really, really good ideas for events that could allow the player the possibility of having of such union, I don't think this "policy" of ours will change in the future...

It's not nonsense. Since the beginning of Arda, how many elven-human unions were there? Four, if I'm not mistaken. Two in the First Age (Beren and Luthien & Tuor and Idril Celebrindal), one in the Second (Imrazor and Mithrellas) and the last one between Aragon and Arwen.

Over more than eleven thousand years of history, there were FOUR. That's why we deal with Aragorn's marriage through events instead of the game's marriage mechanics: such unions are too special and rare to be allowed to happen on a daily basis (yes, I'm exaggerating here xD).

So, unless you guys can come up with really, really good ideas for events that could allow the player the possibility of having of such union, I don't think this "policy" of ours will change in the future...

Well, four that are explicitly known. Who knows what happened on the sidelines of history.

It should be unlikely, but not impossible. You could do some events discribing the contact between the races aside from diplomacy and war, maybe having an elven entourage every time a dunedain king is crowned, or something like that.

Well, four that are explicitly known. Who knows what happened on the sidelines of history.

It should be unlikely, but not impossible. You could do some events discribing the contact between the races aside from diplomacy and war, maybe having an elven entourage every time a dunedain king is crowned, or something like that.

Well, in my personal opinion (I don't know about the other team members yet), I believe it should be possible but extremely unlikely. Keep up with the ideas and we'll see xD

Also, I like the "elven entourage" idea xD

Well, in my personal opinion (I don't know about the other team members yet), I believe it should be possible but extremely unlikely. Keep up with the ideas and we'll see xD

Also, I like the "elven entourage" idea xD

It may even be an idea to use events like that for orcs as well. Tolkien was never sure what to make of them in the 4th age, or what they where at their core as a race. IIRC it is even stated that in the war of the last alliance every race except elves fought on both sides. He didn't say that orcs only fought for Sauron in that war. Maybe giving them the possibility to change after the ring is destroyed?

Can fellowship members get the 'on pilgrimage' status? Its weird to see Gimli chilling as Marshall of the lonely mountain, or Boromir marrying and conceiving a son (thus screwing Faramir out of ithilien).

Also, are there Sharkey and Scouring related events? I'd suggest making it so that Lotho S-B is ruler of Hobbiton and has the option to take Sharkey's help to tame over the Shire, with related events for the Mayor, Than of the Tools, and Master of Buckland.

As we all know, a victorious Aragorn winds up with a ton of baron level titles once the 'kill the orcs' event fires. This is a pain as a player has to then hand them out one by one to their de Jure lieges.

Can we have the orc-clearing events instead trigger for the county title owner? That would simplify matters enormously.

Another thought: Shouldn't Dain start the War of the Ring with a crazy big treasury? Like 2k at least? It actually probably wouldn't effect balance much, as the amount of meaningful things to spend it on is fairly low.

Can we have the orc-clearing events instead trigger for the county title owner? That would simplify matters enormously.

I assume you're talking about the part where he gets Ithilien and loads of orc counties/baronies?

I made that event, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do as you say. After all, he gets the counties as well... so he is also the county title owner.

I assume you're talking about the part where he gets Ithilien and loads of orc counties/baronies?

I made that event, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do as you say. After all, he gets the counties as well... so he is also the county title owner.

Except it often triggers after Ithilien has been granted to Faramir or (more often) Boromir's baby. So then you have to go through and hand all of them over one by one, or worse if he's started handing land out to vassals of his own.

Suggestion: reduce the odds of getting the Wolfhunter nickname. I've had three generations of wolfhunters.

Id add one for the barrow wight event, perhaps Grave-keeper or Wightbane.

Also, perhaps adapt the runestones events to allow for Barrows for Arnorians and Ronan (probably other race of man) , or tombs for Gondor.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but it really feels as though the Witch-King should get event troops when attacked. Where do the hordes he raises for his offensive wars vanish?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but it really feels as though the Witch-King should get event troops when attacked. Where do the hordes he raises for his offensive wars vanish?

There is a (regrettable) need for event troops because balancing is extremely tough to do ATM. There is always new stuff being added with every patch...

However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't post what you think balancing should be like :D

Ideally, we will be able to achieve a balance where we can have the Witch-King defending himself properly while not making is aggressive might too OP...

Hm. Maybe not take away his offensive event troops after he uses them in the first war? But still make it possible for them to be chipped down to nothing. Still by the time that happens he should be able to get the ball rolling on his own.)