• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Curacao. Good. And then go for the Incas and their gold.
When will we be able to see ingame the new set of shields I gave you? :D

Btw, weird to see a protestant Poland.

Perhaps if you build up a decent garrison in Curacao, and you get drawn into a war with Spain, you could do a nice line in colony-conquering :)

Nice work, looking forward to the next one.

By the way, excuse me if you already knew this, but an interesting trick I found for uncovering coastal provinces in America - if you have military access for a nation which you know has land which you can see but haven't actually discovered yet, you can bank on the province having a port and try to dock. If it doesn't have a port, nothing happens, but if it does you dock and instantly uncover the province. Very useful for going up the west coast of South America.

Wari Bana- You bet!

stnylan- I agree.

emperor_krk- That's a very valid route of expansion. See my next post about the shields, it'll explain everything.

Falastur- My plan exactly! Well... See my next post. Yes, I already knew thatg, but thanks for reminding me!

Well, let me explain. My main computer, the one with all of my EU2 stuff and other valuable things on it, just had a severe hard drive crash the other day. I'm not sure if it can be salvaged, so this AAR is now on what looks to be on permanent hold. So, emperor_krk, I won't be needing those shields. But, this NO reason to NOT vote for this wonderful AAR as the Number One Gameplay AAR in the EU 1/2 section of the AARland AARwards, which are coming soon I believe. :D :D I'll still stay here, and this will probably give me time to start on a narrative AAR. Even with this major setback, I'm not down for the count yet! Cheers!

Thoughtfully signed,

-demokratickid

Aw mate that sucks, I've really enjoyed this even though I'm a little hazy on EU2 game mechanics nowadays.

Hope to see you writing again soon.

That's a real pity. I liked Men of Carpathia a lot. Hopefully though you'll recover the computer with the savegame.
Well. You say you're planning to start a new one eh? PM me once you do, or even better - write about it here and post a link, so more of us can get to know about it.

Wari Bana- I hope I can. Yes, 'tis a pity! :(

PrawnStar- Thank you, and I will get back to the old pad sometime soon!

Emperor_krk- I'll PM you, and I'll post a link too!

Everybody- Remember, when the ACA awards come around sometime soon, don't forget to vote for ol' Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR as favorite gameplay AAR for EU 1/2! (Or any other award you think it deserves! :rofl: :rofl: )

Alexanderband- You get it by event. I got it three times between 1531-1544, which is very lucky! And, I know... :(

Falastur- I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :rofl:

demokratickid said:
You get it by event. I got it three times between 1531-1544, which is very lucky!

Okay. :) It's just that I read in the Explorer/Conquistador FAQ that the explorers would come after 1550. But I guess there are other events too. I don't know, I'm half noob. ;)

Hope to see another AAR from you!

Alexanderband said:
Okay. :) It's just that I read in the Explorer/Conquistador FAQ that the explorers would come after 1550. But I guess there are other events too. I don't know, I'm half noob. ;)

Hope to see another AAR from you!

No, events happen earlier than 1550. Personally, I think that, deep down, every one here at Paradox Interactive Forums are a little half-noobish. ;) :D :rofl: . I hope to write one too.

Hello dear readers! I've started a new AAR in the Victoria Forum! It's called What could have been: The story of Lt. Tuca in the Slovenská republika rád and here is the link! It is a narrative AAR about...well... you'll have to go over there and check it out! :D

Falastur said:
Has this one definitely been abandoned then?

I'll put this one on permanent hold, so if my memory from my old hardrive can ever be recovered, than I will certainly pick this one back up again. Until that point, I would consider this AAR closed. Not abandoned, and not forgotten, but unfortunately closed. But, I have a new AAR which can be reached in the link above or in my sig. Go on over and check it out!

Anarion said:
Too bad, it was going so well too!

I know, 'tis sad. But, that is no reason not to vote for it in the upcoming ACAs, since you can't vote for your own wonderful AARs! :D Besides, I have a new AAR, it's narrative too. Link in my sig. You should go check it out!