[Megathread] Leviathan Release Problems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 710019
20€ for me, I'm amazed people can still buy it
That's £17.38. Lol. So you poor euro guys have to pay more for this expansion. I feel sorry for you. By the way Green Man Gaming already have Leviathan at 15% discount. If you want it anyway.

Reactions:
The more and more I see; the more I feel justified in not buying this DLC. I will give Tinto a brief pass on this one, considering its the team first DLC together and have to form that team cohesiveness. However, to the team please do better next time. I will not be buying this DLC unless its on sale on the development exploits have been nerfed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I m begging everyone that considers Leviathan very bad, and bought the DLC, to press the refund button.
In the end, i really believe this will help make the world a little bit better, when we say no to the trash we are served.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Also, bugs can be fixed, but being able to spread your dynasty every 20 years, ask for 1000 ducats from Ming, and artificially reducing coring cost, revolts, governing capacity, and literally converting development to your culture, your religion, and transformign devastated wool development into gold with prosperity with 1 click instantly at 0 cost are all WAD. So we're nowhere near a fix on that.
At least the favour-related stuff is not entirely WAD, but due to the inverted calculation (although we cannot be sure that will fix it entirely).
I very much hope that concentrate development will also be severely rebalanced and restricted.

Reactions:
I don’t understand the pre-order behavior. Are they offered the DLC at a discount? Is there some reason to pre-order software that can be replicated functionally infinitely?

Why with the last issues of this design studio would one pre-order anything but a refund?

Every pre-order is someone's first pre-order. One may pre-order a game, or piece of content, for multiple reasons: to keep up with the new releases, because they like what is being sold, impulse buy, convenience, loyalty towards the Devs, etc.

Personally I pre-ordered Emperor (the only DLC I ever pre-ordered, btw) because I could either buy it before it was released and had it ready to go as soon as it was released or buy it the day it would be released and only get around to playing with it 1-2 days afterwards. I chose to pre-order because I liked some of the new mechanics and Johan being back with the EU 4 team.

Well, I definitely learned my lesson! It was fun playin a super broken HRE but also appalling to see the state in which the DLC was released. Somehow they managed to outdo themselves this time.

Reactions:
I tried out quickly Stadacona, a little tribe in the Estuary of Saint Lawrence (beautiful green), without the DLC.

- First 10 seconds: I've got 4 war canoes, but I can't build any other. I took the first dip tech (who knows?), still not possible. I'm finally sedentary, but still not possible.
- Unpause: wave of popup incoming. Everyone left the federation, reintegrate it, and leave it again. A constant firework of popups from the beginning to the end (It was said in feature stream that it was just a little buggy because it was an older built, apparently corrected afterwards by the team).
- AI loves your tribal land really hard. Even if it has its own tribal land without any devastation on it.
- Lake Champlain is a small beautiful piece of water with a forest inside it.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I m begging everyone that considers Leviathan very bad, and bought the DLC, to press the refund button.
In the end, i really believe this will help make the world a little bit better, when we say no to the trash we are served.
It's not going to happen. I personally didn't mind Emperor that much, but it had the biggest backlash since GC and it still made record DLC sales. Fact is anyone reading this is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of anyone in the player base.

• 3Like
Reactions:
This patch is a bit of a disaster. All this stuff is really cool, and should be in the game, but it's clearly unfinished. This should have been delayed, especially if there's already a patch due for next week that will fix some problems.

• 3Like
Reactions:
HIRE SOME QA TESTERS!

Honestly I don't care if it adds an other 10/15 whatevers to the price and a few more months to the dev cycle, I prefer quality over quantity. Always have, and these dlc are starting to get to the point where there so laughably broken there not worth it on release.

• 7Like
Reactions:
They will not because it doesn't matter how bad the product is you guys keep buying it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
This isn't just a matter of QA testers. Some of these bugs are definetly well known, like we have evidence of at least groogy reporting them on stream as well as some #to-do's in the script. Aswell as a lot of them are just blatant obvious. So maybe its QA failing, maybe its the dev's not caring enough or not having enough time because they are pushed to release the dlc before pdxcon or something. Anywho this isn't just a "hire some QA" issue.

Reactions: