• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

acejd87

Recruit
Jul 4, 2021
I have notice that if a megastructures that was in your territory and either if a primitive races gains space travel or enemy takes that system with said megastructure you can’t build another. In the past once you no longer had ownership of a megastructure you could build another. Not sure if this is a bug, or something that wasn’t brought up in a update. Cause I can’t find it in an update. But I could be missing it. But if this was a change, I feel it limits strategy and makes certain ethics not worth trying any more due to types of wars certain ethics allow. As well a certain gameplays.

Upvote 0
Yeah, not a bug

A fair amount of the megastructures have a limit of "1 built per empire and that is it"

only loophole around this are you grabbing a system with a ruined megastructure in it, or conquering an ai/player empire that has one being built/built and you can finish it off if it isn't completed

game doesn't view those as yours, since you didn't build them