Megapolis territory with way too few building sprites

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lordnelson98

Private
46 Badges
Oct 29, 2020
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Hey, I don't come to the forums much, so I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but could someone help me out with a graphics issue I'm having in the game? I'm playing as the Peloponnesian League, Keeping Sparta as my capital, and as you can see in the screenshot, it has a huge population over 570 pops. The city is a megapolis, it should be sprawling, but on the map it only shows a couple tiny building sprites along with my tower wonder. I'm wondering if there is a way for the territory to have the expansive city, like yo can see right next door in the port of Gytheion. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love the help. It really kills my rp immersion seeing my huge capital with a few tiny buildings. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220610133427_1.jpg
    20220610133427_1.jpg
    581,9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
It is a known bug, that I don’t remember having a solution. Idk if the Invictus team has found a solution/workaround to this but I agree with you that is very frustrating to build your capital and only see two buildings.

This happened to me when trying the Molon Labe achievement. I ended up developing the whole province and instead of one territory I took pride of the building sprawl through all the peninsula. (do not build aqueducts and found cities in all territories, thus pops will spread all around).

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is a known bug, that I don’t remember having a solution. Idk if the Invictus team has found a solution/workaround to this but I agree with you that is very frustrating to build your capital and only see two buildings.

This happened to me when trying the Molon Labe achievement. I ended up developing the whole province and instead of one territory I took pride of the building sprawl through all the peninsula. (do not build aqueducts and found cities in all territories, thus pops will spread all around).
Thanks for the info. I'm doing one city/metropolis per province, except for Sparta, so I can have the large port, and Rome/Ostia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is just a guess by someone with no modding experience, but might it be tied to the terrain type/elevation, with Sparta for some reason having very little space considered valid for city buildings?

Reactions:
This is just a guess by someone with no modding experience, but might it be tied to the terrain type/elevation, with Sparta for some reason having very little space considered valid for city buildings?
There are other terrains with high elevation and difficult geography that populate with buildings when you increase POPs there.

Whenever I can I will post some examples of that.

Reactions:
I had the exact same topic as Sparta in my last run as them. The city used to have some more buildings at game start but when it grew a bit more it seemed to reset as in your game keeping only those very few houses. If you fire up a new game you will see that Sparta has a lot more houses despite having way less pops.
Seems that the Spartans are keeping themselves in role. Despite creating a huge empire they continue to live in hovels, while sleeping on the floor and eating that tasteless black soup.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I had the exact same topic as Sparta in my last run as them. The city used to have some more buildings at game start but when it grew a bit more it seemed to reset as in your game keeping only those very few houses. If you fire up a new game you will see that Sparta has a lot more houses despite having way less pops.
Seems that the Spartans are keeping themselves in role. Despite creating a huge empire they continue to live in hovels, while sleeping on the floor and eating that tasteless black soup.
Suddenly my rp is saved. I actually tried making that black soup irl, it was absolutely revolting. I can see why they said you had to be a Spartan to appreciate it

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: