MEGA THREAD: For all Imperator Rome status discussions and latest news

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He's dead, Jim.

Which is a tragedy because 2.0.3 is incredibly solid and would have been a great place to (re)start development from. Paradox just spreads itself too thin these days to be able to devote resources to a game they smothered in its crib. Heck, EU is ostensibly still Paradox's flagship game and even EU4 got cast off to a new development studio so they could devote more time to V3, CK3, et al. In the past they were only developing 2-3 games at a time before moving on to new ones. Now it's like 10, and having modular DLC instead of the expansion model of older games like EU3 and V2 means that the games have much longer lifecycles, meaning more overlapping development.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If its truly dead, what are the odds of some other mod makers or smaller developers continuing development with Paradox's blessing? Like Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour kind of spinoffs for HOI2?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Paradox just spreads itself too thin these days to be able to devote resources to a game they smothered in its crib. Heck,
I'm not optimistic, but they seem to have struggled with covid more than anyone. Their inability to hire new staff is if anything the main reason I hold out a speck of hope that Imperator really is shelved rather than dead. Don't understand the change of CEO to one of the 'old guard' if something like Imperator doesn't get resurrected eventually.

Reactions:
On April 30, 2021, the news came that Imperator Rome was put on hold. So I'll wait until April 30, 2022 to say the game is dead, not sooner or later.

Makes me sad because it's the only good game that takes place in ancient times.

• 7Like
Reactions:
On April 30, 2021, the news came that Imperator Rome was put on hold. So I'll wait until April 30, 2022 to say the game is dead, not sooner or later.

Makes me sad because it's the only good game that takes place in ancient times.
Imperator: Rome is better than Total War: Rome 2, but the rating of Total War: Rome 2 is unfairly higher , I'm at a loss

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Total war Rome isn't bad, but it's no match for Imperatorius Romanum.

My opinion, tastes are different

Reactions:
There are quite a few things we'd like to do but can't beacuause it is hardcoded.
How difficult/easy do you believe it would be to make it modable (for Pdx I mean)? Sorry if it is a stupid question that cannot actually be answered but I really don't have a clue about modding.
In the unfortunate case that indeed they won't restart development at least they could make the game more modder friendly as a fairwell gift?

How difficult/easy do you believe it would be to make it modable (for Pdx I mean)? Sorry if it is a stupid question that cannot actually be answered but I really don't have a clue about modding.
In the unfortunate case that indeed they won't restart development at least they could make the game more modder friendly as a fairwell gift?
They could make it more modder friendly. SOme would be easier than others. There are base game systems that we can't change since they are hardcoded and aren't easy (or quick) to change. I honestly don't know for most though.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I miss the weekly developer diaries.

It's like a heart only filled with no blood...

• 1Love
Reactions:
I personally look forward to five fixes:
1. The army cannot get food on vassal lands.
2. Cannot skip vassal forged claims.
3. AI will ignore engagement and marry other people as soon as their children become adults.
4. During the war, the suzerain cannot change the ownership controlled by the vassal - the vassal will automatically give control to the suzerain, but the suzerain will sometimes wish to cede the territory to the vassal instead of the suzerain. But you accidentally chose the wrong target.
5. Heirs want a reminder when they turn 14 (mentor) and 18 (marry), it’s easy to miss mentors and engagements.

PS: Better multi-CPU optimization. ,

• 17Like
Reactions:
My wish for 2022 is that they start the development again when thats happend i am the happiest guy on earth for the rest of the year...

• 10Like
Reactions:
I hold out hope for Imperator getting some love in the future especially since it is currently my most played Paradox Game, but going on past experience it has been shelved to be forgotten like EU:Rome, Sengoku, and March of Eagles.

But one should also remember that each of those game were experimental and allowed PDX to work out how to make a better game.....each of the games that came after were successes.

It is a shame that this title and the Grand Strategy Niche will not have a definitive "Rome" game.

Like Will Steel above, I blame one person for that....

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: