• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_Dagger

HBS Community Manager
4 Badges
Oct 23, 2017
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
With this move to the new BATTLETECH Forum, we thought it would be a great opportunity to do some introductions!

I'm @HBS_Dagger, the Community Manager, at Harebrained Schemes. On the PDX side of things, we have @TinyWiking,the Forum and Support Manager and @TheLetterZ , our BATTLETECH Community Manager.

For those just joining the BATTLETECH community, you'll find our amazing Volunteer Mods - @Havamal, @MeiSooHaityu, @Timaeus, @stjobe, and @Colonel Flamestalker as well as @CmdrDunsail, previously our fearless Admin, who has become a civiliain due to real life necessities. However, his commitment to the community continues and, luckily, we can't keep him away. And, you'll also see PDX Mods who are here to support the community as well!

These Volunteer Mods are members of the community, just like you, who promote positive interactions and participation in the forum. They engage with the community by keeping discussions going, creating topics of discussion, helping to address and resolve issues between members and welcoming newcomers to BattleTech and our community.

It can be a thankless job sometimes - so let's make sure to thank them A LOT for all the personal time and attention they give to this community!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! <o

Greetings one and all! :bow:

And a special hello to @Castellon, our BATTLETECH Community Manager. Might we have known you at the HBS site or is this a fresh introduction? Either way, I hope and trust you'll enjoy your time with us. We are a diverse community but we all love the Big and Stompy HBS is already known for. : )

Welcome!

Greetings one and all! :bow:

And a special hello to @Castellon, our BATTLETECH Community Manager. Might we have known you at the HBS site or is this a fresh introduction? Either way, I hope and trust you'll enjoy your time with us. We are a diverse community but we all love the Big and Stompy HBS is already known for. : )

Welcome!

PH, @HBS_Dagger is HBS's Community Manager. :rolleyes:

And I think you mean @TheLetterZ ...who is a Paradox Community Manager, so he might also join Dagger in such illustrious pursuits as the Battletech Community Manager :D

While the intrepid @TinyWiking is Paradox's Forum and Support Manager (I'd refer to him as the Admin amongst the Admins) ;)

Last edited:
With this move to the new BATTLETECH Forum, we thought it would be a great opportunity to do some introductions!

I'm @HBS_Dagger, the Community Manager, at Harebrained Schemes. On the PDX side of things, @TinyWiking is the Forum and Support Manager and @Castellon is the BATTLETECH Community Manager. (...snip...)
@CmdrDunsail It was this portion of the OP that I was referring to. If I am in error, of course I apologize. :bow:

@CmdrDunsail It was this portion of the OP that I was referring to. If I am in error, of course I apologize. :bow:

Sorry PH! That was edited in after I'd read the original. I'm checking my own facts to confirm ;)

Hello all!

Those of you migrating from the HBS forums know me already, so this'll be recap for you :)

I actually knew about BattleDroids when it came out in 1984, but I never played it. Instead, I cut my teeth on the 2nd edition boxed set in 1985, together with its stalwart companions TRO:3025 and TRO:3026. In the following few years I accrued a lot of BattleTech, including but not limited to AeroTech, CityTech, and BattleForce. Lots and lots of source books, TROs, novels, and of course my all-time favourite BattleTech publication, Mercenary's Handbook. I am so stoked to see something like it spring to digital life in the form of HBS BATTLETECH I can't really describe it. I've wished for a game simulating a 3025 mercenary company experience since that book came out - in 1987! That's 31 years of waiting that's coming to a close in the not-too-distant future! :)

I was previously pretty active over at the MWO forums, so some of you old-timers from there may recognise my handle, it was the same there as here. I left that game (and its forums) roughly three years ago, not agreeing with the direction PGI was taking the game. I won't hesitate to say it was a fun three years playing it though, from closed beta onwards. I don't regret founding the game, I got my money's worth from it :)

But when I got wind of HBS, with Jordan and Mitch, making a BattleTech game I jumped at the Kickstarter and spent what is probably a ridiculous amount of money for a computer game (well, I did get some sweet swag to go with it!). When I was approached by HBS and asked if I wanted to help out on the forums, I immediately said yes. I love BattleTech (and don't tell him, but I kinda worship Jordan - so many of my favourite games are from his hands), and I really enjoyed what HBS did in their Shadowrun series, so it was really a no-brainer :)

Anyway, to stop this from being a novel, I'd just like to add that if you have any questions about the tabletop game mechanics or lore, I can probably answer them (or if nothing else know where to look up the answer). At least if it's pre-Clan invasion as my personal BattleTech universe is a perpetual 3025, and I'm not that familiar with the later eras :)

Looking forward to continue this journey together with you all, old as well as new!

Hello all!

Those of you migrating from the HBS forums know me already, so this'll be recap for you :)

I actually knew about BattleDroids when it came out in 1984, but I never played it. Instead, I cut my teeth on the 2nd edition boxed set in 1985, together with its stalwart companions TRO:3025 and TRO:3026. In the following few years I accrued a lot of BattleTech, including but not limited to AeroTech, CityTech, and BattleForce. Lots and lots of source books, TROs, novels, and of course my all-time favourite BattleTech publication, Mercenary's Handbook. I am so stoked to see something like it spring to digital life in the form of HBS BATTLETECH I can't really describe it. I've wished for a game simulating a 3025 mercenary company experience since that book came out - in 1987! That's 31 years of waiting that's coming to a close in the not-too-distant future! :)

I was previously pretty active over at the MWO forums, so some of you old-timers from there may recognise my handle, it was the same there as here. I left that game (and its forums) roughly three years ago, not agreeing with the direction PGI was taking the game. I won't hesitate to say it was a fun three years playing it though, from closed beta onwards. I don't regret founding the game, I got my money's worth from it :)

But when I got wind of HBS, with Jordan and Mitch, making a BattleTech game I jumped at the Kickstarter and spent what is probably a ridiculous amount of money for a computer game (well, I did get some sweet swag to go with it!). When I was approached by HBS and asked if I wanted to help out on the forums, I immediately said yes. I love BattleTech (and don't tell him, but I kinda worship Jordan - so many of my favourite games are from his hands), and I really enjoyed what HBS did in their Shadowrun series, so it was really a no-brainer :)

Anyway, to stop this from being a novel, I'd just like to add that if you have any questions about the tabletop game mechanics or lore, I can probably answer them (or if nothing else know where to look up the answer). At least if it's pre-Clan invasion as my personal BattleTech universe is a perpetual 3025, and I'm not that familiar with the later eras :)

Looking forward to continue this journey together with you all, old as well as new!
In a forum full of TT gamers, a demographic of people who are known for their proficiency in memorizing thick grimoires of rules, mechanics, and fluff, @stjobe stands out. The man can quote almost the entire extended rule set. If you have questions about Battletech, he is your man.

Oh good, we're almost back to 75% where we were last year when the Beta rolled out. All we need is for Death From Above to get back on the air (in good time, of course, not rushed!) and we'll be at 88%.

I know most of those names, and they're all a bunch of nerds and weirdos!

...which, y'know, explains why they fit in so well.
:bows:

I thought we left those mods behind at the old forums. I guess I’lol have to behave myself. ;)