• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you ever need a discount autocannon/2, do let me know. I do trade in only the finest and most superior autocannon technologies.
I would definitely check the barrels for wear and misalignment though; from what I heard Edmon is more abusing than just using the poor things.

;)

Oh my, what a warm welcome! I'm sure I'll feel right at home here. Actually, I already do. Like I mentioned when I hijacked PH's 16k post the other day, I've been lurking here for a while now and it feels like I've gotten to know this community quite well. :)

To be candid, I am fairly new to the world of BATTLETECH, altough I did play the classic table top game way back in the 90's quite a bit. I'm also an old fan of turn-based strategy games, so getting into BATTLETECH felt pretty natural. As an added bonus, THERE IS SO MUCH LORE! :D You guys don't know me that well yet, but if there's one thing I love, it's game lore, so getting to deep dive into the world of BATTLETECH is ahhhmazing to say the least. (I accept, nay demand, book recommendations on this subject!)

I look forward to getting to know all of you even better, and for you guys to get to know me more as well. Aaaand on that note, you did ask me a couple of questions in this thread, didn't you?

- Urbies. Quads are cool and all, but not my style.
- In the choice between Quads or LAM's, I'm certainly leaning towards LAM's.
- The Andurien Secession strikes me as a very complicated issue. Being quite intrigued by House Mavik, my stance is currently that of a federal loyalist. However I'm humble enough to realize that I have more digging to do in this matter before forming a final opinion.
- Oh and I lost Dekker on my very first mission. I know noone asked about this, but I... just need someone to talk to, you know? I have since then reloaded to a point before his passing, and now I'm treating him like a precious baby egg.

Oh my, what a warm welcome! I'm sure I'll feel right at home here. Actually, I already do. Like I mentioned when I hijacked PH's 16k post the other day, I've been lurking here for a while now and it feels like I've gotten to know this community quite well. :)

To be candid, I am fairly new to the world of BATTLETECH, altough I did play the classic table top game way back in the 90's quite a bit. I'm also an old fan of turn-based strategy games, so getting into BATTLETECH felt pretty natural. As an added bonus, THERE IS SO MUCH LORE! :D You guys don't know me that well yet, but if there's one thing I love, it's game lore, so getting to deep dive into the world of BATTLETECH is ahhhmazing to say the least. (I accept, nay demand, book recommendations on this subject!)

I look forward to getting to know all of you even better, and for you guys to get to know me more as well. Aaaand on that note, you did ask me a couple of questions in this thread, didn't you?

- In the choice between Quads or LAM's, I'm certainly leaning towards LAM's.
- The Andurien Secession strikes me as a very complicated issue. Being quite intrigued by House Mavik, my stance is currently that of a federal loyalist. However I'm humble enough to realize that I have more digging to do in this matter before forming a final opinion.
- Oh and I lost Dekker on my very first mission. I know noone asked about this, but I... just need someone to talk to, you know? I have since then reloaded to a point before his passing, and now I'm treating him like a precious baby egg.

Baby him all you want. He's going up on your memorial wall. I babied mine for years, only to have him punched in the face by a Banshee. It happens. Besides, don't you want to join the Dekker club?

1) Welcome @@MissDeliana !

2) Ah, what exactly does a Community Ambassador do?

3) Plz take care of poor Dekker yo.

4) Book reccs for Battletech are always gonna be the first three Grey Death Legion books.

It is always good to see someone supporting the natural order of things. Tell me that you like the Catapult more than your next vacation / paycheck, and you can be my new best friend. :D

As an added bonus, THERE IS SO MUCH LORE! :D You guys don't know me that well yet, but if there's one thing I love, it's game lore, so getting to deep dive into the world of BATTLETECH is ahhhmazing to say the least. (I accept, nay demand, book recommendations on this subject!)
As a fellow lore-nerd (and perhaps more specifically a TT-rules nerd), I have a few recommendations :)
  • Sarna.net is an invaluable wiki that's been around long enough to have a serious number of well-written entries. That's not a bad place to go for lore.
  • Also, of course, the actual BattleTech source books: TechManual, Total Warfare, Tactical Operations, and Strategic Operations, as well as the different Technical Readouts, House books, and all the other neat stuff. For this game, Technical Readout 3025 lists most of the 'Mechs and vehicles of the era.
  • As for novels, both the Saga of the Gray Death Legion (whose first book also happens to be the very first BattleTech novel) and the Warrior Trilogy take place in or around the same year as this game, so that's not a bad starting point either.
There has been well over 100 novels written in the BattleTech universe, and I don't know how many hundred source books, so yeah, you're in for a treat :)

Oh I'm getting so many book recommendations already, thank you all!

1) Welcome @@MissDeliana !
2) Ah, what exactly does a Community Ambassador do?

In this particular case, I do a lot of the social posting, moderating and interacting that you see on the official BATTLETECH channels, mainly Facebook and Twitter. However I am going to have a proper presence here as well, so you can expect to see more of me. :) Consider me the extended arm of @emmasterakia in the BATTLETECH community!

Do gamers use facebook and twitter? XD.
Of course they do, why wouldn't they?

I mean, some of us old BT relics might not, but we're not really the latest and shiniest any more, are we? ;)

Hell, there's a whole gamer demographic born after the year 2000, if you can imagine that! Some are even legally adults!

Of course they do, why wouldn't they?

I mean, some of us old BT relics might not, but we're not really the latest and shiniest any more, are we? ;)

Hell, there's a whole gamer demographic born after the year 2000, if you can imagine that! Some are even legally adults!

Noooooooooooo, I'm still young!

I'm still hip...!

Look, let me just disconnect #mIRC and close off ICQ and look at this facebook thing everyones talking about...

Noooooooooooo, I'm still young!

I'm still hip...!

Look, let me just disconnect #mIRC and close off ICQ and look at this facebook thing everyones talking about...
Sorry, I can't hear you over the hum of my 3.25 MHz z80 CPU and my 1 KB RAM. Internet? That's some defense project in the US, no?
mIRC and ICQ, pfft. Whippersnapper.
;)