• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MattyG said:
For my part, I want to see the following

1. As little coding work as possible.

2. Proper respect shown to a faith, but likewise my own secular beliefs not be dismissed or disrespected.

3. Make certain the events are not just functional, but a learning experience. I want that players would learn something positive about Islam, which clearly has great beauty and wisdom in it. Of course, we also do not want the game to be a forum for prosetylizing, there is a fine balance to be acheived.

So perhaps an explanatory note, revolts, instant Independence, but no game-crash.

BTW
Are we to expected to be writing the same thing if Cordoba take Rome? Or if Or if Anglia take Eire?

This is a game , postulating an alternative view of human history. Provided it is logical, there is no reason why we shouldn't accept all manner of strange occurances. In rewriting the Papal States, it will take 100 years of incremental reform for the words "Pope Luther I" to be believeable, and even then it's a remote event.

I am afraid I don't agree with the absolutist thoughts roaming the forum here.

orimazd said:

Because their entire attitude is based on destroying the muslims, because the death they bring to Baghdad would, if applied to Mekka or Medina, mean the complete obliteration of said cities, and because I believe just about everything is possible if you are willing to throw ungodly (pun not intended) amounts of resources at it.

And the only one I see as both willing and capable of doing it, is a Templar-influenced KoJ. Provided it shows it's capability by taking those cities.

I actually kind of like having the game crash if mecca/medina are taken by christians. It seems like a very elegant solution.

Perhaps we make it so the event only occurs to the human player if they take the holy cities, whereas if the ai KoJ takes them it will simply release hedjaz as a totally independent country.

loki1232 said:
I actually kind of like having the game crash if mecca/medina are taken by christians. It seems like a very elegant solution.

Perhaps we make it so the event only occurs to the human player if they take the holy cities, whereas if the ai KoJ takes them it will simply release hedjaz as a totally independent country.

The event could be titled "The End of the World"

desc = "In capturing Mecca/Medina you have triggered the Islamic armageddon. Allah has promised that neither of these cities would fall to infidels until the end of the world itself. You have acheived a result far more significant than mere world conquest. Prepare to meet your creator."

Yes, but it's also fun. Which other mod can claim to include armaggeddon?

Ahmed writes:

"Not exactly.

There will not be any muslim on the earth a time before end of the
world. There
will not be Quran on the earth, no knowledge about Islam, and Earth
will be
inhabited only by most awfull humans and one day they will have
surprise...

Thanks loki for CTD support... :)
(i do not like gangho crushaders...)"

MattyG said:
Yes, but it's also fun. Which other mod can claim to include armaggeddon?

Then I want it for the fall of Constantinople, Rome, and Jerusalem too.

Not that any official faith declares such, but we need some balance, and I am sure Ahmed will agree that you are gonna need all those three cities to even get a semblance of balance with Mekka and Medina :p

MattyG said:
The event could be titled "The End of the World"

desc = "In capturing Mecca/Medina you have triggered the Islamic armageddon. Allah has promised that neither of these cities would fall to infidels until the end of the world itself. You have acheived a result far more significant than mere world conquest. Prepare to meet your creator."

They have dealed with Allah's promise that plague will never enter Mekka.
:D

Thay would have dealt with promise that infidels will never capture Mekka.

Avernite said:
Then I want it for the fall of Constantinople, Rome, and Jerusalem too.

Not that any official faith declares such, but we need some balance, and I am sure Ahmed will agree that you are gonna need all those three cities to even get a semblance of balance with Mekka and Medina :p

How does this make balance?

You want balance? Incorporate a Jewish Messiah into the game, who takes all Jews from Europe and fights a war with the owner of the Israeli provinces. If the rebellions succeed, crash the game or something.

I think too many people on all sides of this debate are getting a little too emotional.

Playing the game is a personal choice, and is only a game.

If you find that it is blasphemous to undertake certain actions, then do not do so.

Me, I don't like to colonise the slavery provinces and think that I am using slaves. Yuck. Yes, even though it's only a game.

As a demi-moderator, I am going to exercise a little authority for the very first time, and close this thread and - for the time being - this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.