• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hi

I tried your mod and I think it is very nice and I was actually surprised despite using a different map than the normal vanilla or the agceep it runs without problem. so I will play it. only two things I noticed so far. I started playing as the Muromians who actually have east-slavic culture while their controlled lands are finno-ugric. I am not sure about the origins of the muromians but I am sure their neighbors the mordvins were finno-ugric people but their land is east-slavic including their primary culture. is this somehow intentional so I am wrong or might be a small mistake?

well wikipedia says the muromians were finno-ugric and paid tribute to the Rus and they were assimilated around the 12th century, a lot of way past the 9th century

about the mordians it says there were two great tribes the Erzya and Moksha. oh wait. here I link these for you so you can use them since I noticed you didn't :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muromians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordvins (skip to the 'history' part)

This is my quick fix for Medieval World 3.01:

http://www.mediafire.com/?njgn2zo2n5z

Installation:
Extract archive to FTG/Mods and click "Yes to all" to overwrite files.

changelog:

- fixed id in leaders_blo
- fixed 'east asia.inc' [double 660 province]
- changed AYB [Ayyubids] gfx army & navy to MUS
- changed GPL [Greater Poland] gfx army & navy to MIN
- changed VOL [Nicaea] gfx army to BYZ
- changed TRE [Trebizond] gfx army to BYZ
- changed CYP [Cyprus] gfx army to BYZ
- changed some colors for political map

Last edited:
Newest fix 2 for Medieval World 3 is here (include fix1):

Download (2.4 MB):
link

Installation:
Extract archive to FTG/Mods and click "Yes to all" to overwrite files.

What's new:
- added several missing flags
- added several army sprites
- added 'random events' option for scenario
- changed several flags
- changed several army sprites
- changed Scenario files
- fixed several army sprites

Screenshots:

Credits for sprites to Kaigon.

Edit:
Additional gfx for armies and balanced (e.g. no fire weapons for infantry) land tech levels soon :)

Last edited:
Fix 3 for MW 3.01 (2.41 MB):
link Updated

(Note: if you download file before link update and you have Palettes error you have to move Palettes dir from .\Medieval World 3 Org\Gfx\map to .\Medieval World 3 Org\Gfx. You can also modify mod_MedWorld3.txt in Mods dir (see below) - sorry for inconvenience).

Code:
mod = {
	name = "Medieval World 3 [COLOR="Yellow"]f3[/COLOR]"

Installation:
Extract archives to FTG/Mods and click "Yes to all" to overwrite files.
1. Extract fix2 to Mods dir
2. Extract fix3 to Mods dir and enjoy!

What's new:
- added several army sprites
- changed few techgroups
- changed 1205 Scenario.eeg
- fixed 1067 Scenario.eeg
- fixed typo in 844\scandinavia.inc

Screens:

---

New land tech v0.1 (no fire weapons for INF):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5ghyzv0ktnz

---

New defines.txt (reduced BB etc.):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymmzmy5nmtw

Code:
_COUNTRY_MINDIPLOANNEX_MONTHS_    = 300 (+180)
_COUNTRY_STAB_CANCELMA_       = 0 (-1)
_COUNTRY_STAB_CHANGERELIGION_ = 3 (-2)
_COUNTRY_STAB_REVOKEMA_       = 0 (-1)
_COUNTRY_BB_PROVNOEVENT_      = 0.50 (-0.50)
_COUNTRY_BB_DOW_              = 0.50 (-0.50)
_COUNTRY_BB_DOWGOODREL_       = 2 (-2)
_COUNTRY_BB_ANNSAMERELIGION_  = 2.50 (-2.50)
_COUNTRY_BB_ANNOTHERRELIGION_ = 1 (-1)
_COUNTRY_MAX_MISSIONARIES_    =  9 (+3)
_COUNTRY_MAX_MERCHANTS_       =  9 (+3)
_COUNTRY_MAX_COLONISTS_       =  9 (+3)
_WARSHIP_TPC_                 =  2 (+1)
_TRANSPORT_TPC_               =  3 (+1)
_GALLEY_BLOCKADE_FACTOR_      =  1.00 (+0.50)
_PROV_SUPPLY_PORT_            =  0 (+2)
_WARSCORE_BATTLE_WON_         =  0.50 (-0.50)
_WARSCORE_MAJOR_BATTLE_WON_   =  2 (-1)
_PEACE_VASSAL_COST_           =  50 (-20)
_PEACE_RELIGION_COST_         =  40 (-10)

Credits: Kaigon & Cool-Toxic.

BTW
I advise save game every 6 months and use new EU3 sounds - Sfx

Last edited:
Fix 4 for MW 3.01 (1.74 MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kydjzmwnggy

Installation:
Extract archives to FTG/Mods and click "Yes to all" to overwrite files.
1. Extract fix2, fix3 and fix4 to Mods dir
2. Enjoy!

What's new:
- added 3 army sprites
- added more selectable countries in scenarios
- added several acceptable cultures
- added several leaders
- added several monarchs
- added several claimed provinces
- added "macedonian" and "yotvingian" culture
- added 2 city graphics for EGY & GRE/ITA (from History of Rome mod by KaRei)
- added few AI files (modified AGCEEP AI files)
- changed several cultures
- changed technology levels to 0 on the start
- changed borders of Masovia, Lesser & Greater Poland (more historical)
- changed "Domestic Policies" of several countries
- fixed tolerance between religions (to avoid often fall of government)
- fixed missing shield for Masovia
- fixed celtic unit sprite

New sprites (created by Kaigon):

New city sprites for Egypt and Greece/Italy (from History of Rome mod by KaRei):

Last edited:
Are you sure Wallachia and Oltenia were Christian? They were owned by the pagan Avars then the pagan Bulgars. I don't know if the Christian religion would've persisted through those years.

The Romanians were in those regions since the Dacian times, even if they were ruled by Avars, Bulgars or Hungarians... so culture in there was Romanian, so was religion (they were very influenced by the Byzantines).

wallachia
"The first recorded sovereign of the unified Wallachia was Basarab I (c. 1310-1352) whose armies defeated the troops of King Charles I of Hungary (1308–1342) in 1330."

moldavia
"King Louis I of Hungary (1342–1382) organized a defensive border province in northern Moldavia to be ruled by Dragoş, a voivode from Maramureş. However, the Romanians living there were discontent with the Hungarian domination. Bogdan I (1359–1365), another Romanian from Maramureş took advantage of this situation, crossed the mountains to Moldavia and proclaimed its independence."

PS: before this i believe that the Romanian Duchies and other forms of states were to small to be reprezented on you map.
maby this? "After 1002, a chieftain named Ahtum, who had been ruling over the Banat, was baptized in the Orthodox faith in Vidin (now in Bulgaria). His base of power was in Morisena (now Cenad, Romania) where Ahtum established a monastery which he populated with Greek monks. His power was based on considerable resources, mainly cattle and horses, but he also controlled traffic along the river Mureş and taxed transports of salt from Transylvania."

Last edited:
You are aware of the "showid" (if I remember correctly) cheat? You can always use that, it's surely easier than checking every province in the csv files.

Are you sure? I've just loaded up FTG and it works like it should. Start the game, turn on the console (F12), and type "showid" (without the quotation marks "") - it should report that province IDs are now shown, and they are - in the lower right corner of the screen.

I'm almost sure it was introduced as a new feature in either 1.0 or 1.1, so it should be possible for it to work for you.

Thank you, but i still cant use this "cheat". May be it works only on FTG? And i do my mod on basic eu2.

I also found easy way to read ID. I use program Infernis EU2Map File Viewer. When you put mouse cursor on the province, it shows ID.

Thank you, but i still cant use this "cheat". May be it works only on FTG? And i do my mod on basic eu2.

I also found easy way to read ID. I use program Infernis EU2Map File Viewer. When you put mouse cursor on the province, it shows ID.
Ah, of course it works only in FTG :D. I was sure that since you were asking in the FTG forum you might be working on FTG :p.

I think MichaelM made another program where you could do the same as in Inferis' Map File Viewer: the EU2 Positions Editor.