• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Swert

Yours Swertically
50 Badges
Jan 28, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing...

MEDIEVAL WORLD 3

Medieval World 3 is a mod for For the Glory based on the EU2 mod Medieval World 2. It is set during the period of 844-1337 and at the moment features two scenarios: 844 and 1067. This mod uses Kasperus' MWATK map which until recently was unreleased and is specially made for the medieval period. Other improvements include new religions, cultures, sprites, technologies and of course hundreds of new nations.

As this mod is still fairly new, there's still lots of work to be done. I hope that you enjoy what has already been achieved and we invite you to participate in discussions and its future progress; most things are open for discussion. Our aim is to make this the premier medieval mod for FTG. Please post here if you would like to help or have any queries.

links for version 3.01 for FTG v1.1:
Download RAR from mediafire
Download ZIP from mediafire
To play, extract all files into For The Glory\Mods. It should then appear in the main menu.

The mod made possible by the generous assistance of: Kasperus, Birger, cool-toxic, Jedrek, Bizon, Blaster, Vulfynn, The Link and everyone in the FTG team (and those I left out)

Last edited:
Some screenshots:

844:

medworldpromo.jpg

1067:

medworldpromo2.jpg

1205:

1205promo1.jpg

1205promo2.jpg

Last edited:
Included Religions

Christian:
-Catholic:
--Catholic
--Crusader Catholic
-Orthodox
-Heretic:
--Cathar
--Bogomilism
--Apostolic Brethren
--Waldensian

Jewish

Muslim
-Sunni
-Shiite

Eastern
-Buddhism
-Hinduism
-Confucianism
-Shinto

Pagan
-Norse Pagan
-Slavic Pagan
-Tengriism
-African Pagan

844 European Culture Map:

Last edited:
I am intrigued.

I am liking the colors and custom map. :)

Seems very interesting indeed! I will most certainly be watching this mod closely...

Good to see you're at this, The Swert! :) Are you planning to convert and implement the MES? That would be really awesome...

Ok version 3.00 is now available, temporarily at mediafire but hopefully we will soon be hosted at eu2ftg.com. Keep in mind that although this version includes both a 844 and 1067 scenario, the 844 is much more developed.

Please report any bugs or comments here, as I usually get around to addressing every post eventually.

Are you planning to convert and implement the MES? That would be really awesome...

Parts of MES will be implemented, especially considering I am planning a 1205 scenario which coincides with an MES scenario.

nice, just a quick look it dosnt seem I am able to play as China or any asian Nation besides Mongol nation in the early scenario, WAD? are there any events for at an early mongol invasion and conquest? :)

nice, just a quick look it dosnt seem I am able to play as China or any asian Nation besides Mongol nation in the early scenario, WAD? are there any events for at an early mongol invasion and conquest? :)

Yes it seems I didn't activate China and other asian nations. Oops. Although most of Asia is undeveloped, focus has been on Europe up to this point. There are no events for a mongol invasion, in fact I don't think there are any events for any asian nations yet. But all in good time.
Actually, that's probably why I had them deactivated, at this stage they would be little fun to play.

Last edited:
Any other feedback? Because work is underway on the next version and any bugs could be fixed.

Not a bug really, but I was playing with Wessex and suddenly after "The Heathen Army", I guess that is the name of the event, something like that, Great Britain is invaded by several LT 6 danish armies and is completely defeated and divided, naturally. I suffered losses but managed to accept a lucky deal to survive, but Northumberland was gone, as did East Anglia.

So I guess this event is a bit overwhelming for the AI and the player. Maybe lowering the technology level of the Scandinavians to the same as the other countries would help.

Interesting. I hope that in the future it will have THOUSANDS of events :cool:

Not a bug really, but I was playing with Wessex and suddenly after "The Heathen Army", I guess that is the name of the event, something like that, Great Britain is invaded by several LT 6 danish armies and is completely defeated and divided, naturally. I suffered losses but managed to accept a lucky deal to survive, but Northumberland was gone, as did East Anglia.

So I guess this event is a bit overwhelming for the AI and the player. Maybe lowering the technology level of the Scandinavians to the same as the other countries would help.
That sounds like the event is doing its job. Viking invasions aren't supposed to be easy to stop!

Last edited:

As MichaelM said, it sounds as though things are working as intended, which is good news for me because I've had to tinker with that a bit to get it working. I still find that the Vikings are often easily thwarted if the Saxon nations have been fighting amongst themselves and have huge stacks of men to defend the invasions. The Vikings tech advantage is made to give them the historical edge they had at pillaging and invading. However they are in a lower tech group and suffer tech penalties due to their religion, so over time that advantage should be lost.

Davisx3m said:
Interesting. I hope that in the future it will have THOUSANDS of events

Obviously that's the goal, but we've got to get the general setup in place first. Adding events is rather easy.

Are there any unlimited country tags, because it'd be interesting if MW3 were to recreate the Five Dynasties Ten Kingdoms period, as well as a scenario based on it.

But I do find something strange about 'cantonese' culture. For the purposes of this mod, is it a catch-all term for 'southern han'?

Just tried this out and I am impressed! One thing though:

Denmark seems to be eager to ally with the west european states, states it should really be more interested in plundering. Haven't looked at the AI files but I believe if you add most west european countries to the danish combat list, it would wage war instead of allying with them.