• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Xeryx
The expansion messed up things much for me as well - mainly COILs and damage/jump distance increase quirks, whose was a real butt hurt to implement.
And about development, it's likely that was last update I've made - I gain no money, no job offers, not even thanks and feedback from Battletech community, so from my perspective there is no reason to continue upkeeping the project.
However, I start to consider a version designed especially to work with RogueTech, but if ever that one will be started as Kickstarter project.

Last edited:
Now now, I have seen plenty of people say thank you for the work, me included. Just remember with modding it really is a thankless job, especially when it comes to the mods that matter to improve the game play. It always seems to be the graphical mods that get all the kudos and accolades, I can only assume it is because people are so shallow and just don't appreciate fine work! Hang in there, I will be trying to update to 1.8 soon with the XAI Battletech mod, as I just finished up v1.2 for the 1.6.2 version of the game. You mod made a huge difference in me being able to bring much better game play to the many people that enjoy my mod.

@MasterBLB , the designdata github was finally updated with the 1.9 stuff, if you didn't already know! I've already gone digging to find about the capabilities of the Royal Phoenix Hawk and stuff, since I haven't run across one yet.

EDIT: Also, a request for the next release - could you please add an 'overwrite all' option? As of 0.78.2 there are a LOT of files that may get overridden, and it takes me longer to click through all the overwrite confirmations than the entire rest of the install process. Thanks for the great utility!

Last edited:
Great @RecklessCaution , I was waiting for update of the gitrepo to get all the missing variants/update existing.
Speaking about "overwrite all", I was pondering about such myself, looks like it's time to finally introduce it. Sadly, installer is written in Pascal, while I'm C++ programmer, so it'd create some delay for release of 0.78.3.
Anyone who does not wish to wait just may copy chassisdef, mechdef and movedef files from the repo on oneself's own, and current Mech Designer will process them.

EDIT:
Sigh, seems it won't be that simple... they added new quirk Prototype TSM + 50% move range goddammit.

Last edited: