• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MasterBLB

Captain
1 Badges
Apr 30, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
Greeting Mechwarriors

You've waited long, and now your patience will be rewarded. Here it is, the one and only, Mech Designer by MasterBLB open beta!

What's Mech Designer

It is standalone, desktop application for creating and managing layouts for mechs. It supports core game data, and to some degree content created by modders it it does not have non-standard keys in .json data files, and the files are placed in standard locations.

Requirements:
1) Installed Battletech game, and optionally Battletech DLC packs. Well, in fact the application needs only data files of the game.
2) Windows family operating system (should support all, even Win 98. Was developed on Windows 7, tested on Windows 10, don't know how about versions in between)

Installation:
Download the file, unrar, then run it. The installer will guide you through the rest of the installation process. Mech pack is little tricky, because for proper installation you have to pass a valid path to battletech.exe from expansion. Pack is needed if you wish to be able to design Hatchetman, Cyclops, Crab/Big Steel Claw, Raven and Javelin mechs whose data aren't in game folder.

Features:
Well this video is the best documentation.

Final notes:
As it's in beta stage don't be surprised there might be some bugs, and missing features - like "Settings" in main menu. Don't hesitate to report them.

Cost and license:
The program is free of charge for non-commercial use (see license), though voluntary donations are welcomed
For commercial use conact me for making an agreement.

Download:
On Nexus Mods - https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/449?tab=files

Changelog:
v0.79 10.05.2020
- Added buttons for switching to other mech locations, and button to clear to add new equipment dialog in floating mode
- Added context menu to main work area. The menu contains the same options as the main toolbar.
- Corrected z-order of add new equipment dialog in floating mode - now it always shows properly over other windows.
- Added missing equipment information messagebox during using options "Load mech" and "Reload".
- Fixed bug in add new equipment dialog - on Windows 10 close buttons didn't had intended, red color.
- Improved drawing blue frame around inventory for which add new equipment dialog is called - now the frame is not covered by items.
- Added option to fill inventory with the same item by holding CTRL and clicking an item in add new equipment dialog.
- Update for the manual - better description of the add new equipment dialog, and hint that main desk now has context menu.
- Fixed duplicated LB-2X ammo in add new equipment dialog bug.
- Fixed display bug in current tonnage label for 100t mechs.

v0.78.3 28.02.2020
- Added data files for the DLC mechs introduced in 1.9 path - Javelin 10A, Raven 3X, Crab 27b, Phoenix Hawk 1b, Cataphract 0X, Rifleman 4D, and Cyclops 10HQ. You need to chose each mech/equipment packs to get them all.
- Altered the dialog for setting TAG/NARC multiplier - now it shows how many of them may be stacked, and prevents to set more than allowed.
- Added support for new quirk - Prototype TSM +50% move, and data file for it in Urban Warfare pack.
- Updated all mech/equipment packs to newest versions. WARNING! It's highly recommended to reinstall all previously chosen packs!

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.78

v0.78.2 21.02.2020
- Added support for internal engine double heatsinks.
- Bugfixes for .json data files messed up by HBS - traditionally CombatGameConstants.json, and new ones like Optimized Capacitors, Prototype Hatchet, both Lance Command modules, Battle Computer, and Battlemater 1GB mech. Choose "Fixes for known .json data errors" install option.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Except same as in 0.78, new one is missing mechs Raven 3X, Rifleman 4D, Cyclops 10HQ, Javelin 10A, Crab 27b, Phoenix Hawk 1b and Cataphract 0X - json files for these are currently not available, once they will I will release Mech Designer v0.78.3

v0.78.1 06.01.2020
- Added missing icons for 'Systems' and 'Mortars' equipment group. Either reinstall the application, or put attached .png files into GUI folder.

v0.78 04.01.2020
- Added mechs and equipment from Heavy Metal expansion; you need to choose appropriate option in installer.
- New equipment categories - Systems for mech quirks, and Mortars.
- Mech design window has been altered, and now contains in addition to old stuff:
  • Indicator for TAG/NARC multiplier. Just click button to set/clear it.
  • Slider to set Evasion Chevrons used to calculate damage and heat for COILs.
  • Mech walk and sprint distance in hexes. Fractional part means how likely a mech will reach next full hex due to terrain relief, or bias movement. WARNING! You have to install Flashpoint and Urban Warfare packs again to get newly added movement data files for mechs from these expansions! If a movedef file is missing the values will be -1.
  • Enemy Damage Reduction spin box. It has context menu for convenient setting of usual values.
- DFA damage info has been moved into separate tab.
- 'Environment' combo box now has effectiveness values shown on drop-down list.
- Label 'Heatsinks effectiveness' has been removed, information about environmental influence of cooling is merged into cooling value label.
- New mech dialog has reversed order of displayed hardpoints to better match what is seen in newly created mech design window.
- New mech dialog will get information about mech max walk/sprint speed, in hexes.
- New mech dialog got new sorting option - by walk speed.
- Equipment tooltip widget now shows effects of quirks, thermal exchangers, TAG/NARC multiplier etc. for damage/heat values of weapons.
- Jump range label now displays text "N/A" if there are no jump jets equipped on mech.
- Changed formulas for calculating heat, jump heat, and jump distance(thanks @Doctor Machete ) - now they are more accurate, and consistent with data shown in game logs. In short, thermal exchangers now lowers heat better, and jumps generate 1 heat move.
- New component for installation - "Fixes for known .json data syntax errors", here will be places all .json data files messed up by HBS and corrected by me. If you see message box "Unsuccessful parsing JSON file: <filename here, then offset and error message>" run the installer again, and select the bugfix component. Currently it contains just CombatGameConstants.json, let me know about other errors. Original files are backed up by renaming to '<filename>.json.backup'.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.77, and new one - Missilery Suite gives only 50% SRM stability damage

v0.77 24.08.2019
- tags editor, started from context menu of tags text edit, and actualization for the manual about it.
- recent designs list, which contains up to 20 lastly loaded/saved designs, both in .mechDesign and .json format.
- integration with Jaimie Wolf's savegame editor 1.70 or newer - thanks to it you can inject mechs created in Mech Designer directly into Battletech game. WARNING! Old .mechDesign saves are incompatible with this feature, you need to load and re-save them.
- added correctness check while loading mech design.
- corrected clipped at the top hardpoints icons on Windows 10.

v0.76.3 14.07.2019
- Fixed bug in "Export" function - fixed equipment (hatchet, battle computer, EW) was incorrectly duplicated in a location of the mech.

v0.76.2 13.07.2019
- Added possibility to enable/disable equipment by CTRL + left mouse button in addition to usual middle mouse button click.
- Corrected user's manual accordingly to above.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.76

v0.76.1 13.07.2019
- Fixed bug introduced in v0.76 - inability to manually edit ID in "Tags and Description".

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.76, except above bugfix.

v0.76 12.07.2019
- Changed license for commercial use of the Mech Designer (is no longer free).
- Added donation link to the main window of the application.
- Added button in "Tags and Description" which allows to set mech part cost as percentage of total mech cost. If set to X%, the mech part cost is updated automatically when total cost is changed.
- Redesigned New Mech dialog, now allows to select and create several new mechs simultaneously. Check documentation for details.
- Completely overhauled look of Free Tonnage dialog, its functionality remained same.
- "Unit tags" in "Tags and Description" no longer warp words, instead shows horizontal scroll bar. Also, its width has been slightly increased.
- Added information about minimum, optimum and maximum range of a weapon both in add new equipment window and equipment tooltip.
- Added new installation option - Example mechs designs. These are put into <MD install dir>\Example designs, and contain few designs for new players for easier learning how to create own ones.
- Improved user's manual: mentioned about possibility to switch to floating mode for new equipment window, and updated chapter about New Mech dialog.
- Fixed bug about asterisk not being cleared when a mech design was saved in .json format.
- Fixed bug about incorrect positioning of Free Tonnage dialog when "Tags and Description" was expanded.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.74. If you experience messages "Unsuccesful parsing of CombatGameConstants.json or mechdef_panther.json" just replace the wrong files with the ones provided by me.
New ones:
- SLDF HGN-732b has no loadout or slots when read from .json file
Looks like HBS reintoduced this bug again. Fix is in the link.

- SLDF Griffin 2N has no loadout of slots when read from .json file
Again messed up data by HBS when they renamed if from Griffin 4N to 2N. Fix while easy just change in mechdef_griffin_GRF-4N.json:
Code:
"ChassisID": "chassisdef_griffin_GRF-4N"
to
"ChassisID": "chassisdef_griffin_GRF-2N"
however, this might make Griffin 2N unavailable in the game - so be careful. The issue has been reported.

- Field ID in "Tags and Description" can't be manually edited. This is bug on my side, working on fix, and later will release v0.76.1 once done.

v0.75 22.06.2019
- Added asterisk * in the mech design window title and Main Menu > Windows which marks a loadout has been changed but not saved
- Improved installation proces; now the installers edits setup.ini, and fills jsonDataPath key which results the application is immediately ready to work, without need to navigate to Battletech.exe second time
- Added association of .mechDesign files with the application, so you can open them with shell commands like mouse double click, or shell context menu.
NOTE:
This works with mechdef.json files too, though you need to use context menu "Open with..." then choose Mech Designer.

KNOWN ISSUES:
Same as in 0.74

v0.74 16.06.2019
-
NOTE setup.ini got new entry costAlignmentThreshold=10000 in [General] section, so if you save aside your setup.ini then ensure to add it, otherwise cost calculation won't work properly.
- added Manufacturer name to add new equipment dialog, and context menu for switching weapons variants
- added tooltip for all inventory stuff, shown on mouse hover under "Ammunition stock and consumption". It contains up to 3 lines:
a) manufacurer + name
b) slots + tonnage + cbills cost
c) (for weapons only) damage + stability damage + generated heat
- mech cost calculator. The field "Mech Cost" in "Tags and Description" now reflects changes made to loadout, and displays current value accordingly, rounding up to full 10k alignment.
WARNING!
Old saves (both *.mechDesign and *.json) have to be reloaded, then have any item dragged and dropped withing the same location in order to trigger cost calculation.

- fixed name of the stock Flamer in Urban Warfare
- fixed possible, small memory leaks

KNOWN ISSUES:
If HBS didn't released a patch recently then CombatGameConstants and Panther json data files are still not fixed.
CombatGameConstants
Panther 9R [this has been fixed in BT 1.7 patch, so you don't need to download the file provided by me if you have newest game version]
Just got a confirmation they still didn't fixed the bugs in data files. In that case download these corrected versions provided by me, and put them into appropriate subfolder of <your path to Battletech>\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\:
1) CombatGameConstants.json.txt into \constants
2) mechdef_panther_PNT-9R.json.txt into \mech
remove .txt extension, and overwrite existing files.

v0.73 06.06.2019
- Added "Urban Warfare mechs and equipment pack" install option
- Fixed bug in "Clone" option
- POSTPONED calculation of total cost of a mech due to lack of knowledge

KNOWN ISSUES:
CombatGameConstants
Panther 9R

v0.72 01.06.2019
- Fixed bugs in "Reload" option
- Removed possibility to enter Windows filename forbidden characters in mech nick line edit
- Improved remembering last used path and extension when loading a mech; now it carried over when new application instance is run

v0.71 25.05.2019
- User's manual now describes more clear handling of stock and variant weapons by Mech Designer
- Replacing texts "Front" and "Rear" for armor by icons
- Corrected display of DMGE, STAB and HEAT for multishot weapon types (missiles, mg), now these are adjusted to the right
- Improved recognition between stock and variant weapon
- Removed possibility to change order of fixed equipment via drag'n'drop
- Fixed crash caused by loading Cyclops 10-Z from default mechdef.json
- Remembering last used path and extension when loading a mech
All of the above, except armor icons, were introduced thanks to @Xeryx feedback.

v0.7 19.05.2019
- initial release

Last edited:
Done and done ;)!

I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a victory! I have been saying for 6 month now "Why hasn't anyone made a mech designer for BT?"

Your mod could not have come at a better time for me, I have re-balanced Auto cannons and there are many mechs I needed to fix. THANK YOU so much!!! You are the modder of the year as far as I am concerned, as this is the most needed mod in the community! I was pretty disappointed about the skirmish lab having so many issues, and I could not believe that we could not look at our designs in json format, I least I never knew how.

I was able to make a dummy game folder and almost everything works perfectly as far as items loading up. I have a lot of custom items in my mod and all the upgrades are there. The only thing that isn't showing up are the tier 1 and above weapons. I thought maybe it looked for the component_stock tag and changed some of the weapons to test, but that did not work. All my files are in the proper directories and everything else works except that. Is there a setting that needs to be made in the MD Setup file for it to read the higher weapons?

Again thank you so much, you deserve more than just a forum, you deserve a job at Paradox, on the BT team and a friggen medal for what you are doing here! You have already saved me at least 8 hours worth of mech editing!! Big Hug! or High Five!

You can PM me if needed, so we don't clutter the thread.

@Xeryx
Thanks for kind words, I started to think all my effort was in vain, and the project should be cancelled.

Your mod(...)
Well, technically Mech Designer is not a mod, but standalone application, on the other side however without Battletech data files it won't do much. Ah screw that, let's assume it's kinda mod.

The only thing that isn't showing up are the tier 1 and above weapons.
Perhaps you missed in the documentation the phrase "Very important is "WeaponSubType" key, as the weapons variant recognition is based on this field" - Mech Designer does not modify game files in any way. As long as WeaponSubKey is the same, say "LRM5" my application will properly detect such weapons as variants, and will build the context menu to switch them. And it detect stock variants by checking if BonusValueA and BonusValueB are empty - if they are then a weapon is considered stock.
Anyway, please paste some of your weapons .jsons here, I will take a look why they are not detected as variants.

No, I did not miss that text, but it is a bit vague mine have info in there. Maybe have an example in your text.

Ok this is an AC/2 that is not a normal stock weapon, as it is added to the inventory. It shows up fine.

HTML:
{
    "Category" : "Ballistic",
    "Type" : "Autocannon",
    "WeaponSubType" : "AC2",
    "MinRange" : 120,
    "MaxRange" : 720,
    "RangeSplit" : [
    ],
    "AmmoCategory" : "AC2",
    "StartingAmmoCapacity" : 0,
    "HeatGenerated" : 3,
    "Damage" : 16,
    "OverheatedDamageMultiplier" : 0,
    "EvasiveDamageMultiplier" : 0,
    "EvasivePipsIgnored" : 1,
    "DamageVariance" : 0,
    "HeatDamage" : 0,
    "AccuracyModifier" : 0,
    "CriticalChanceMultiplier" : 1,
    "AOECapable" : false,
    "IndirectFireCapable" : false,
    "RefireModifier" : 1,
    "ShotsWhenFired" : 2,
    "ProjectilesPerShot" : 1,
    "AttackRecoil" : 1,
    "Instability" : 8,
    "WeaponEffectID" : "WeaponEffect-Weapon_AC2",
    "Description" : {
        "Cost" : 120000,
        "Rarity" : 1,
        "Purchasable" : true,
        "Manufacturer" : "Mydron Model D",
        "Model" : "Sniper Autocannon",
        "UIName" : "AC/2 =",
        "Id" : "Weapon_Autocannon_AC2_0-Mydron",
        "Name" : "AC/2 =",
        "Details" : "Mydron AC2's come with an advanced target tracking system. Coupled with the ingeneous use of a motorized mount and gyro input that allow for much faster tracking of moving targets, but with increased size.  All Autocannons target instability is based on the weapons damage, at a rate of 50%.  AC/2s suffer from <color=#dd7e6b> -1 Recoil/refire penalty </color>, when continuously fired. Your pilot's recoil compensation skill can counteract this.",
        "Icon" : "uixSvgIcon_weapon_Ballistic"
    },
    "BonusValueA" : "+1 Size",
    "BonusValueB" : "+1 Tracking",
    "ComponentType" : "Weapon",
    "ComponentSubType" : "Weapon",
    "PrefabIdentifier" : "AC2",
    "BattleValue" : 0,
    "InventorySize" : 3,
    "Tonnage" : 3,
    "AllowedLocations" : "All",
    "DisallowedLocations" : "All",
    "CriticalComponent" : false,
    "statusEffects" : [

],
    "ComponentTags" : {
        "items" : [
            "component_type_stock",
            "range_extreme",
            "wr-jammable_weapon",
            "wr-jam_chance_multiplier-8"
        ]
    }
}

This is one that will not show up, and it is like this with all of the weapons, only the stock weapons show up, but if I change them it didn't seem to change .. I will play around with it today too.

HTML:
{
    "Category" : "Ballistic",
    "Type" : "Autocannon",
    "WeaponSubType" : "AC2",
    "MinRange" : 120,
    "MaxRange" : 720,
    "RangeSplit" : [
    ],
    "AmmoCategory" : "AC2",
    "StartingAmmoCapacity" : 0,
    "HeatGenerated" : 3,
    "Damage" : 16,
    "OverheatedDamageMultiplier" : 0,
    "EvasiveDamageMultiplier" : 0,
    "EvasivePipsIgnored" : 3,
    "DamageVariance" : 0,
    "HeatDamage" : 0,
    "AccuracyModifier" : 0,
    "CriticalChanceMultiplier" : 1.15,
    "AOECapable" : false,
    "IndirectFireCapable" : false,
    "RefireModifier" : 1,
    "ShotsWhenFired" : 2,
    "ProjectilesPerShot" : 1,
    "AttackRecoil" : 1,
    "Instability" : 8,
    "WeaponEffectID" : "WeaponEffect-Weapon_AC2",
    "Description" : {
        "Cost" : 260000,
        "Rarity" : 4,
        "Purchasable" : true,
        "Manufacturer" : "Mydron Model D MKIV",
        "Model" : "Sniper Autocannon",
        "UIName" : "AC/2 + + +",
        "Id" : "Weapon_Autocannon_AC2_3-Mydron",
        "Name" : "AC/2 + + +",
        "Details" : "Mydron AC2's come with an advanced target tracking system, but with increased size. Coupled with the ingeneous use of a motorized mount and gyro input that allow for much faster tracking of moving targets.   All Autocannons target instability is based on the weapons damage, at a rate of 50%.  AC/2s suffer from <color=#dd7e6b> -1 Recoil/refire penalty </color>, when continuously fired. Your pilot's recoil compensation skill can counteract this.",
        "Icon" : "uixSvgIcon_weapon_Ballistic"
    },
    "BonusValueA" : "+3 Tracking",
    "BonusValueB" : "+15% Critical",
    "ComponentType" : "Weapon",
    "ComponentSubType" : "Weapon",
    "PrefabIdentifier" : "AC2",
    "BattleValue" : 0,
    "InventorySize" : 2,
    "Tonnage" : 6,
    "AllowedLocations" : "All",
    "DisallowedLocations" : "All",
    "CriticalComponent" : false,
    "statusEffects" : [

],
    "ComponentTags" : {
        "items" : [
            "component_type_variant",
            "component_type_variant3",
            "range_extreme",
            "wr-jammable_weapon",
            "wr-jam_chance_multiplier-8"
        ],
        "tagSetSourceFile" : ""
    }
}

Basically weapons that are level 0 Theses are the equivalents (=) or stock show up, but any higher variants do not.

All of my weapons have the subtypes correct.

EDIT: These weapons would also not show up in the Skirmish mech bay (when it worked on my system), but all the level 0 weapons would. If your mod and the game look at weapons the same way, then what am I missing?

I thought maybe it was the Component tags causing it? But it is not, because I can change them to stock and there is no effect. The only thing that I can see causing it is that the game actually looks at the name and excludes names with 1,2,3, Could this be related to the Item collection_weapons_base file? I am baffled atm.

You can DL my mod and look at the weapons
[Mod edit: Nope, no unapproved links. Not even hidden behind a spoiler tag]

Last edited:
OK so it looks like I need to put in the AC2 in the component subtype, then correct?
Correct, that is a must, but as I'm checking it on my side something else is required as well:
Not detected AC2 variant.PNG
I need to track execution paths carefully, looks like it won't be an easy fix.

EDIT:
@Xeryx both your variants are shown in the variants context menu, the bug is that AC/2 = not only appends to the list of variants, but also is created as top-level weapon:
AC2 custom variants bug.png

Last edited:
Please check my first post as I edited it again, sorry. Is there a limit on the number of items? I have 269 weapons. It just will not add the higher tier weapons. what I don't understand, is why will it show up for you and not me? Plus, it is only the weapons. All of my upgrades show up just fine?

the bug is that AC/2 = not only appends to the list of variants, but also is created as top-level weapon:

How do I fix this issue?

Last edited:
I don't see your image, and no, there should not be a limit for adding weapons. Practical, not technical limitation would be size of the context menu, but I suppose there are no crazy folks whose would create hundreds of variants per weapon.

what I don't understand, is why will it show up for you and not me? Plus, it is only the weapons. All of my upgrades show up just fine?
Have you tried @Xeryx to click right mouse button in new equipment dialog on some of these weapons? As I put them into my data folder, without any modification they showed up as variants.

OK so there is a limited number of weapons fields for your mod? I was expecting them to all show up, under the proper weapons fields. I used the right click and now I can see the weapons. It was something obvious!! LOL But I know I won't be the last one to ask this question. I counted that all 14 AC2 are showing up under the AC2 field, so we are good.

There definitely will need to be some visual clarification as to what weapons I am seeing, hopefully you will figure out a good way to do that in the future. I would really like to have the Manufacture name included, as this is how many mechs weapons are determined using the Heavymetal designer. By manufacture.

I hope you also at a later date, you can include a mouse-over to show all relevant data of the weapons and upgrades.

Great job again, and thank you for your help!!

Last edited:
How do I fix this issue?
The bug is entirely on my side, you won't have to do anything. Well, maybe give me AC5 data file.

OK so there is a limited number of weapons fields for your mod? I used the right click and now I can see the weapons. It was something obvious!! LOL But I know I won't be the last one to ask this question.
Looks like someone hasn't read Mech Designer user's manual, right Brother @Xeryx? ;)
And what do you mean by "limited number of weapon fields"?

The bug is entirely on my side, you won't have to do anything. Well, maybe give me AC5 data file.

Looks like someone hasn't read Mech Designer user's manual, right Brother @Xeryx? ;)
And what do you mean by "limited number of weapon fields"?

For example, I have only 2 AC/2's available to pick from the available fields, the rest are AC/5's etc. I can right click on those two fields and select the AC'2 that I want and install it into the mech.

PS I did read the manual, whether I under stood it, is on you Brother..Chuckle Head...LOL

And in the correct version there will be just one field for all weapons. Initial version of the new items menu had all weapons variants listed as top-level, but that made the list very long, and inconvenient for use. Take a look at this old version of Mech Designer from the attachment.
However, switch from one style to another is extremely easy, as it is just one small change in source code.

Cool, I will check it out and now that I understand how it works, it isn't a problem. I am just really grateful for it, because it is gonna save me hundreds of hours of work. Especially, when I consider all the comma mistakes that I make when editing the .jsons by hand. Thank you again brother!! This "Program" is a Godsend to us modders and you will be remembered and maybe even revered for this contribution to the community!

OK maybe you can answer me this question as to how the game handles a named variant (using the nickname).

Will the game use it by just putting it in the lineup? or is it special. Is it considered its own variant?

Last edited:
Especially, when I consider all the comma mistakes that I make when editing the .jsons by hand
Ahh yes, json validation feature on startup which shows exact offset where the error occurs :) Say "thank you" to @XTRMNTR2K, as during closed betatests he sent me own-created stuff .jsons with so many flaws I decided a validation is necessary^^

EDIT:
(...)and maybe even revered(...)
Well that'd be too much, however in the Mech Designer main menu bar > Help and Info > About Mech Designer with a link, using it would be better way to thank me than prayers :p

Last edited:
OK maybe you can answer me this question as to how the game handles a named variant (using the nickname).

Will the game use it by just putting it in the lineup? or is it special. Is it considered its own variant?
If you mean that long line "Enter mech nickname" it's purely for my application use, for easier recognition of mechs designs - say you have 5 Hunchbacks opened, without nick all of them are named HBK-4G. With nicks however they have given nick in window title, and main menu bar > Windows > <mechs + nicks if given>
To create own mech variant you have to write proper mechdef and chassisdef .jsons.

I will say thanks to my buddy xtermntr2k, he is the one that turned me onto this "program". Since, my mod doesn't use the Mech engineer, this is program is exactly what I needed.

Well, maybe in the future I would like to see these features.
1) Editing of chassis hardpoints, based off the hardpoints data.
2) Generating a variant of a mech by creating a chassis and a mech

Edit BTW great job on the error validation, and so far a bug free "Program"
The only "issue I am having is the program is not "remembering" where my Mechs are located, I had to pin up my directories to use effectively.

JFYI; currently I have edited 27 Variants of mechs and it had only taken me about 10 hours, and that included me reediting some again since I could not work the right click function. That averages about 25 min, and it will goes down to about 10 - 15 minutes. If I edited them manually, it would take at least 3x - 4x that long, because I would have to validate them too.

Last edited:
@Xeryx
I nailed the bug with variants - just change key "UI Name" of your '=' variants to something which has + in name.
That however doesn't mean I won't have to upgrade variants detection code on my side, an v.71 will be released tomorrow. Good catch Brother!

Well, maybe in the future I would like to see these features.
1) Editing of chassis hardpoints, based off the hardpoints data.
2) Generating a variant of a mech by creating a chassis and a mech
That's a bit out of scope, but we'll see.

The only "issue I am having is the program is not "remembering" where my Mechs are located, I had to pin up my directories to use effectively.
As you can see "Settings" in main menu are not implemented. I was pondering what to put there, and default load/save/screenshot locations probably will be 1st addition.

Hi MasterBLB!

This looks like a great tool, is the source code included in the .rar file, or is there a github someplace or something? What license do you distribute the code under?