• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm...I don't have a solution, but I wanted to point out that in regards to Japan, the Great War Mod succeeded in making Japan pretty pacifist in regards to the USA as well as China (assuming they did not go to war via events). I'm not sure how they did it, but it might be something to look at.

download it today all 4 files; I used vanilla HoI with 1.06c Patch. I installed it with your instruction and manually.... same result, this:

ModernDayErr.jpg

I have count this error 25+ times. IDs range is massive... please help: I want to play this MOD!!!!!!! :(

I have downloaded all files but I get the following message when I try to install Aplha 1.0 or HOI Copy Tool

AutoIt Error

Unable to open the script file.

Pudman said:
I have downloaded all files but I get the following message when I try to install Aplha 1.0 or HOI Copy Tool

AutoIt Error

I get the same error!!!

to Maggern2k: I had try 2 install: both old HOI folder and seperate folder: same error... Now I check the db/events folder and then I will post again for result. Thanks

Pudman said:

AutoIt Error

Hi and thanks for (trying) to try our mod.
The error you receive is probably due to an error in the AutoIt compilation.
You can copy the files manually but it's easy to get it wrong.

Copy these folders from your hoi main folder to a subfolder in your hoi main folder named "Modern Day Scenario"
======================================================================================
"\config"
"\db\units"
"\gfx\fonts"
"\gfx\interface\button area"
"\gfx\interface\crb"
"\gfx\interface\eyr"
"\gfx\interface\frontend"
"\gfx\interface\credits"
"\gfx\interface\menu"
"\gfx\interface\tech"
"\gfx\map"
"\gfx\map\flags"
"\gfx\map\landscape"
"\gfx\map\shields"
"\gfx\map\units"
"\gfx\map\units\bmp"
"\gfx\palette"
"\gfx\settings"
"\map"
"\music"
"\sfx"

Copy these files to "Modern Day Scenario\Gfx"
===================================
"\gfx\air.bmp"
"\gfx\army.bmp"
"\gfx\cross.bmp"
"\gfx\dummy.bmp"
"\gfx\empty.bmp"
"\gfx\navy.bmp"
"\gfx\interface\*.bmp" (meaning all .bmp files in the directory

Copy all the gamefiles from your hoi main folder into the "Modern Day Scenario" folder. With this done you now only need to run "the Alpha 1.0 Single Setup" and the patch.

If this turns out to be a problem for more ppl I'll rewrite the copy function into a shell script.
Good luck!!!

PackMan said:
Hi and thanks for (trying) to try our mod.
The error you receive is probably due to an error in the AutoIt compilation.
You can copy the files manually but it's easy to get it wrong.

Copy these folders from your hoi main folder to a subfolder in your hoi main folder named "Modern Day Scenario"
======================================================================================

Great I did that and it works fine now.

Just a few issues arose.

1) What are the alliances in the game? Australia should be a member of the COTW.

2) No territorial claims, i.e. Argentina still has claims on the Falklands and China has claims on Taiwan.

3)Germany is still demanding territorial claims from Austria even though they have none now.

I love to help out on this any way I can but I have no programming knowledge. Maybe I could be a researcher?

Pudman said:
3)Germany is still demanding territorial claims from Austria even though they have none now.

That is a game engine issue. They also claim territory from Polandeven when they have no claims. They are hardcoded to do that.

Me and Maggern were talking about a way to "walk around" those territorial claims every time they show up by catching and dealing with them in an event of some kind. Unfortunatly Paradox choosed to hardcode some of the main events while others were left editable in plain text files.

Maggern is the expert on events in this group so I guess we have to wait and see if he can do his magic :p

We have amany ideas on how to prevent Germany from demanding Austria and Poland, but we are still discussing on which is the easiest and most practical way of doing it.
China do have a claim on Taiwan, but we experienced some unwanted results from that. China started demanding the territoiry all the time, and most of the time, they got it..
Both China and Argentina will most likely become involved in a war over these territories, so we don't need a claim on those.
It isn't a good solution, but it'll be sufficient.
On a second note, I'm happy to report that the Iraqi war now last about two months, a result of the new models. I'm thinking of perfecting the values, but that will most likely not be included in 1.02.
Thank you for giving feedback on the mod, it's really a great help. Also, contributors and researchers are most valued, we mostly need research on new events and techs. Some leaders and ministers too. Check the appropriate threads for more information. Thank you

I have edited the .inc files already for many of real life demands countries have on one another. Maggern mentioned the problems and solutions we have with them, and I believe they will be included in the next patch :D

Panda69x said:
China puppeted Taiwan, didnt it?

Not in the real world, no. Taiwan's what remains of Nationalist China.

i cant install

when i open the install file i get this message: unable to open the script file.......what to do!? i tried to install with the Alpha 1.0 Single Setup file, and that worked, but when i try to launch the HOI copy tool i get that "unable to open the script file" message :mad:

Last edited:
haukaas said:
when i open the install file i get this message: unable to open the script file.......what to do!? i tried to install with the Alpha 1.0 Single Setup file, and that worked, but when i try to launch the HOI copy tool i get that "unable to open the script file" message :mad:

Did you install it over a fresh, clean installation of HoI? It sometimes takes that to do it.

Make sure your directing the files to the right directories too :)

Delete your copy of setup and the MDS folder. Then download a new copy, and run HOI COPY then the MDS setup. It should do it automatically if you download the complete setup. If you want step by step help Instant message me at ImmortalisXLamia on AIM or message me on msn at ill_defenestrate_you@hotmail.com