• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A most interesting thread, but unfortunately I do not have the time to perform a decent analysis.

Some of you smarter folk might help with this question though - can anything in this thread provide an idea as to why, in my Byz game, seemingly all of the CoTs in Europe collapsed in value? Widespread loss in stability? Too many wars?

Some of you smarter folk might help with this question though - can anything in this thread provide an idea as to why, in my Byz game, seemingly all of the CoTs in Europe collapsed in value? Widespread loss in stability? Too many wars?

This, or probably more relevant, new CoTs appear and drag the average CoT value down. Personally, I have modded the CoT split-off threshold to double the original value. I don't like all those barely-100 ducat CoTs in my games.

A good possibility, but that wasn't the case in my game. Only new CoT around is Thrace, and while it is rich, it co-existed with 1000+ Hansa, 700+ Venice and 500+ Genova for decades. Now everyone fell down, with no new (European) CoTs I can see. Even Alexandria collapsed to 100ish. I had no idea what was happening (didn't know prices varied as much as this thread shows they do) but now am wondering if this is a big economic crash.

Hm, I've never seen anything like this before. Total trade value always goes up in my games.

I shall make it a note and investigate further once at home.

hover the cursor over the "price" line in game to see how to improve the supply/demand. Most of the stuff stated here is true.
Too bad it's so flawed, but at least this way you don't need an Masters degree in economics to fully understand the principle.