• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

Colonel
45 Badges
Mar 23, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Anyone else find it weird when female characters in armour who are pregnant get armour that bulges to accommodate them? I mean, are you seriously loading a 7-months-pregnant woman onto a horse and sending her to battle? What is this? The Conan remake?

Reminds me of an old CK2 game I had as the Norse. One of my shieldmaiden/concubines led an army and gave birth during the battle. Tough gal.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
That's crazy. In the CK2+ mod female rulers often went into regency for the last couple of months of pregnancy, if/when regencies are implemented in CK3 that might be an idea here too.

Like, there isn't a lot of precedent for female military leaders during the period already......probably even fewer or no heavily pregnant rulers.

Thinking back to when my partner was heavily pregnant and wildly hormonal, it does make me laugh imagining her lead a medieval army though. The mood swings might have interesting military traits/effects.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
That's crazy. In the CK2+ mod female rulers often went into regency for the last couple of months of pregnancy, it/when regencies are implemented in CK3 that might be an idea here too.

Like, there isn't a lot of precedent for female military leaders during the period already......probably even fewer or no heavily pregnant rulers.

Thinking back to when my partner was heavily pregnant and wildly hormonal, it does make me laugh imagining her lead a medieval army though. The mood swings might have interesting military traits/effects.
god please no; nothing absolutely fucked you harder than the way regents affected the realm, no matter how shortly they were in charge.

like sure, bring regents back, but dont nerf female rulers even further than they already are (even in matriarchal realms) by forcing them to have regencies every 2 or 3 years

Reactions:
god please no; nothing absolutely fucked you harder than the way regents affected the realm, no matter how shortly they were in charge.

like sure, bring regents back, but dont nerf female rulers even further than they already are (even in matriarchal realms) by forcing them to have regencies every 2 or 3 years

What was difficult about it? As long as you were diligent about who you picked as designated regent (decent stat line and liked you), it was kind of a breeze.

Worth noting as well that in the CK2+ example there was also an event mid-pregnancy prompting you to pick a regent.

In my experience regencies were only a problem when you got thrown into regency unexpectedly with a trash regent (usually unexpected death and regent has 0 stewardship).

Also, we are talking about the Middle Ages - IMO ruling as a woman should be more of a challenge in most societies of the time.

Reactions:
Anyone else find it weird when female characters in armour who are pregnant get armour that bulges to accommodate them? I mean, are you seriously loading a 7-months-pregnant woman onto a horse and sending her to battle? What is this? The Conan remake?
In real history, Isabella of Castile besieged Grenada while heavily pregnant. As Grenada was falling to her forces, she felt the pangs of delivery start. She calmly ordered her troops, went to a tent to deliver her baby, then, when the child was born, continued on with the siege...

As she was actually front and center while commanding the troops, I'm fairly sure she was wearing at least partial armor...

• 2Like
Reactions: