• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supitsriley

Recruit
3 Badges
Apr 5, 2021
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
Everytime my friend or I make a large map or any map, we can have players join until we start building a bigger prison and now it keeps saying FAILED TO JOIN

FIX THIS PLEASE IM TIRED OF RESTARTING EVERY DAY BECAUSE WE CAN MAKE MORE THEN A DAMN BLOCK!

NO ONE WILL HELP, PINGS FLY THROUGH THE ROOF
WE'VE TRIED DIFFERENT SERVERS AND DIFFERENT MAPS, EVERYTHING.

weve searched everywhere online, screwed around with windows just to fix it and nothing!

ITS BEEN AN ISSUE WITH EVERYONE AND IT JSUT SAYS THERES NO FIX

Attachments

• Prison Architect 2021.04.04 - 18.12.08.02.DVR_Trim.mp4
    2,3 MB
Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
@Fifnaril is this somethign you can take to DoubleEleven? I have certainly seen other such reports every now and then.

Everytime my friend or I make a large map or any map, we can have players join until we start building a bigger prison and now it keeps saying FAILED TO JOIN

FIX THIS PLEASE IM TIRED OF RESTARTING EVERY DAY BECAUSE WE CAN MAKE MORE THEN A DAMN BLOCK!

NO ONE WILL HELP, PINGS FLY THROUGH THE ROOF
WE'VE TRIED DIFFERENT SERVERS AND DIFFERENT MAPS, EVERYTHING.

weve searched everywhere online, screwed around with windows just to fix it and nothing!

ITS BEEN AN ISSUE WITH EVERYONE AND IT JSUT SAYS THERES NO FIX
@Fifnaril is this somethign you can take to DoubleEleven? I have certainly seen other such reports every now and then.
Hello!
Absolutely!

Last edited:
This is the exact thing we ran into, it is game-breaking and ruins all of the fun of multiplayer, an advertised feature of the game. We wouldn't even have what was considered a large prison, maybe 300 prisoners and now it is un-joinable so the save is ruined.

As a note, there are also may posts on the discord with this issue:

Erad
04/12/2021
Hi! I've been playing with friends for weeks and since the last update, we can't join or create an online game. We tried the link, but it doesn't change anything. Is there a fix planned soon? Thanks!

Ready4Winter
03/18/2021
And certain times they can't join at all and will just get the message that they are unable to connect or something

From Reddit:
Myself and a friend have been working on a prison for 5-6 hours now and for some reason, he's unable to reconnect. I've searched for the bones of an hour on reddit and paradox forums etc to no avail. Most posts seem to be from a year or more ago and provide no solution. As host, I can see his name for 5-6 seconds when he joins and then it just disappears and he can't join. My data usage upload is around 5.4kb/s. Any help would be appreciated.

guriz
03/10/2021
Howdy, me and my friend have a semi-large prison. He had to disconnect and reconnect, and now he can't join. It just says Failed to connect - reading up online it says this has something to do with the size of the prison? Thanks

CallMeXander
01/30/2021
I really like to play together with friends but they can't join the prison we made anymore

Smuren
05/25/2020
Fix the following with multiplayer: If you go into multiplayer mode it starts lagging twice (if you have a big prison) When you're not the host you can't use the planning tool correctly and can't copy builds If the friend (not the host) is building then it cancels the hosts build, for example when both try to build a foundation If the prison gets to big the friend can't join, it just says failed to join game. So me and my friend had to create a new one to continue playing prison architect.

Thank you for the additional feedback, I have reported the multiplayer issues to the team and hopefully, they can find what is causing the issues.
Hi. We are having the same issues. Multiplayer disconnects constantly. we've tried everything. take all mods out. verify files. use maps of different size. reloading old saves sometimes works, but then it disconnects again. we seem to get so far and then it decides it doesn't want to work. tried going on the USA east server rather europe, and that had us playing for longer.

But no we've lost hours of progression because whoever is joining the game can't join the online version.

There's something seriously wrong. Love Paradox and their games, but there's something seriously wrong going on with PA

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. We are having the same issues. Multiplayer disconnects constantly. we've tried everything. take all mods out. verify files. use maps of different size. reloading old saves sometimes works, but then it disconnects again. we seem to get so far and then it decides it doesn't want to work. tried going on the USA east server rather europe, and that had us playing for longer.

But no we've lost hours of progression because whoever is joining the game can't join the online version.

There's something seriously wrong. Love Paradox and their games, but there's something seriously wrong going on with PA
Hmm. Yeah, that is sad to lose so much work!

Last edited:
Just tried multiple times to play a multiplayer game over the last days and I have the same issue.
Never had such issues ~1 year ago. If I try a different region I get sometimes into a game, but it's very unstable and I get continually kicked on larger prison.

Hello!
Absolutely!

Honestly, I have never seen so many issues with the online. I came back to play this game from over a year ago and the online is absolutely terrible. Constant lost connections or failed to load errors. Start a new map, works for a while and then you cannot re join then you must start again. FIX THE ONLINE

Sadly I have no new information right now.
I was hoping for the best after seeing this entry in the changelog for the Second Chances
[Multiplayer] Clients are unable to connect to sessions that are hosted.
Unfortunately, nothing really changed, the error is still there. I did not find a better way to report this issue, so I hope @Fifnaril is the right person here.

I did my tests with the current Steam version, with Cleared for Transfer and Second Chances DLCs. (And I bought the Second Chances just for that one particular line in changelog hoping it will solve my problems...)
the_pen_1.02 linux steam compiled 15:19:40, Jul 26 2021
Steam Breakpad Build Id: 10200

Steps to reproduce:
1. On a host PC select Extras -> Premade Prisons -> Ironfort
2. Go online (Europe in my case, but does not really matter)
3. On a client PC select Join Online Game and try to join
4. In 99% you will see "Lost connection to the server" and the following in the console
MessageQueue PhotonInterfaceThread (0x16bad338) running.
MessageQueue CompressionInputQueue (0x71f9ec8) running.
MessageQueue CompressionInputQueue (0x71fa310) running.
PhotonInterfaceNew: Connecting...
PhotonInterfaceNew: Connection Succeeded
FoodSystem Recalculate took 0.4ms
FoodSystem Recalculate took 0.4ms
JoinRoomCallback success
SaveGameSender: Expecting 23 chunks
SaveGameSender: Received chunk 0 size: 58981
SaveGameSender: Received chunk 1 size: 58981
PhotonInterfaceNew: ConnectionFailed (3/1039) Connection Failed
PhotonInterfaceNew: Connecting...
Disconnected from Photon: ConnectionFailed (3/1039) Connection Failed
MessageQueue AttractScreenThread (0x1a056650) running.
CLOSING MAP...

If you create a new prison with the default setting and size small instead, it will work correctly. As the size of the prison grows, the chance to not being able to connect is increasing as well. It is very frustrating as I remember the old days where the multiplayer was introduced and it worked flawlessly (it was not using Photon if I am not mistaken).

If you need any additional info, please, just ask.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've owned Prison architect since 2014 and watched countless people play it since before then. When multiplayer launched back in 2018, it was honestly the best thing I'd seen happen to the game and was the main reason I kept playing it. I never had issues playing on servers over several days on the largest of maps. As of late, the multiplayer situation is just disgraceful. When a big company like paradox(Whose games I love) buys a game like this, you'd expect something like multiplayer servers to improve, let alone degrade to the point of unplayability. My friends and I cant play a server more than once. If we ever have to get off of a prison, the entire save is wasted as we can no longer join the game. At this point, I've had to completely stop playing the game with friends because we see no point in playing something like prison architect if 2-3 hour segments of game time is all you get for each prison.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any updates on this subject? I remember having this problem years ago and today I tried playing with a friend again and everything was working fine until he disconnected bc he had something to do and when he tried to join again he couldn't bc of this error. We tried closing the game and changing servers but it still won't work.

Any updates on this subject? I remember having this problem years ago and today I tried playing with a friend again and everything was working fine until he disconnected bc he had something to do and when he tried to join again he couldn't bc of this error. We tried closing the game and changing servers but it still won't work.
A community moderator or someone with a similar title said they were aware of the issue and would address it in future updates on Oct. 21 but that’s about all I’ve seen other then a little tag posted on the last update acknowledging it. Still not enough when you consider this a massive portion of the game people paid for and expect to able to use, and not have it be a broken feature for a literal year.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.